Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most important life lesson?

1235»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 41 Laughing with Me

If someone has the power to make you feel good, they also have the power to make you feel bad. And don't think they aren't aware of when they make you feel good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Firstly, never stick a banger up your arse at halloween.

Marriage is not for everyone. Don't do it just because your mother told you that you have to.

Get as much sex as you can when you are young. Despite what people will tell you, people are sexual beings and are made to shag each others brains out. You'll be the happier for it.

Work is overrated. Necessary but overrated. Don't think too much about building a career. Build a life.

I'm not usually a big people person but meaningful relationships can be really rewarding. Hold on to whatever real friends you have. You'll only ever have one or two but that is all you need.

Saving is a great habit to get in to.

Neither a borrower no a lender be.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Hard work doesn't get you anywhere, except landed with more work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

Only if you look after no1 can you guarantee no1 gets looked after.

That's what scares me most of all.

I think he phrased it better than I did when he said it actually. As when I read what I wrote it suggests that people are not thinking about each other _at all_ which is scary as you say.

What I think he was saying at the time was we would be less concerned about the value judgements people think about us if we realised how seldom they actually do.

This is why I totally suck at little soundbytes for threads like this. Most of the actually useful life lessons I have learned take a medium sized essay to explain. I can ne'er do it as a one liner.

The only really life changing life lesson I ever had that improved _my_ own life was shifting the variables by which I judged myself from toxic ones to healthy ones. But the only one liners I have heard about that sound smug and self righteous even when they are well meaning. The podcaster Blindboy for example would call it "Shifting from an external to internal locus of self-evaluation".

I know what he means. But it sounds like a smug self-**** too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Never stop learning ...keep taking classes keep going to public lectures etc. Whenever you can.

Advertisement