Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes OP [17/10/20]

Comments

ankles wrote: »
    We're not really sure how to play out of the high press. Need to use triangles but we are playing in lines

Ya midfield 2 and back 2 have got caught in a few bad square shapes at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

We're not really sure how to play out of the high press. Need to use triangles but we are playing in lines

Too predictable. Maguire nearly always passes across the goal. I would swap Matic and himself in that kickout system. At least Matic would be comfortable playing it out left and left central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Nalz wrote: »
    what's the crack with Telles?

no idea. cant find anything on the internet. i think he did have to move out of the hotel he is living in as RBL booked in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Ref likes his whistle

Ref likes his whistle

always nice when the commentator says it after you! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭BenK

If we can manage to get out with one or two more passes there is space for opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Hopefully we can get to HT 1-0. For all the huff and puff from Leipzig, it’s not been overly effective. If we can lift our game there’s a goal on the counter to be had as our defensive play has been good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

AWB is the best defensive right back in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Very good by AWB there.

He has been playing great the last few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Wan Bissaka playing a blinder - long may it last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

United good so far, Upamecano has also had a good half.

Good chance to take a look at him, very impressed again. Would love United to go get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

BenK wrote: »
    If we can manage to get out with one or two more passes there is space for opportunities.

we can't get out a lot of the times and when we do the pass to the final third has been poor.

Tackle accuracy from AWB is so consistently good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Excellent until we went 1 up been lacklustre with the ball since but good without it.

Nalz wrote: »
    we can't get out a lot of the times and when we do the pass to the final third has been poor.

Yeah we've been a little sloppy in possession alright. Leipzig have been aggressively pressing though so it's difficult to play against.

There is plenty of space there if we can manage to escape the press. Easier said than done though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Happy enough with that, good team performance in the main. Everyone doing the jobs, PP been very good, defenders done well when when called upon. I really like this high energy version of the team, same as last week even though the personnel is fairly different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,542 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Best out-and-out defensive full-back I have seen since Thuram

Can't attack at all though so he's next to useless really. Who needs a defender that can defend...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Happy enough with that. Great goal and we look very solid at the back. Hardly any real chances for Leipzig.

Just need to pass the ball better coming out from the back. Their high press is catching us out at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Happy enough but just like bit more through middle. They have goal in them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Good half overhaul. Pogba was exceptional I thought. Needs to keep it up though. Thought VDB was very clever that half. He’s a good player.

They’re now forcing us down the right through WBA as they know our strength is opposite side of pitch and as a result we are now struggling to get out.

If Fred or WBA can find the pass out then we will be at their back 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pogba having a good game, I do like this midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I think the Pogba praise is OTT.

Very good is as far as I'd go so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I think while pogba does take a few touches too many usually its working here as his strength is allowing him to draw in the press and allowing others to open up a bit of space, his holding up the ball has been fantastic and exactly what you want against these.

Last 10 mins we were very sloppy in possession but hard to feel anything but glad about how the first half has gone..

AwB has been immense and Maguire has been very good in the middle too.. Shaw a bit sloppy and the rest are pressing and playing to a good level

Also. Fred has been great at recovering possession and recycling the ball on to the likes of pogba and VDB

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ref gives a lot of soft frees, even more when compared to last weeks ref.

Very good first half. Lots of hard work and took the chance when it came.

Need to improve in use of the ball, some very poor passes but same can be said for RB Leipzig and both sides are putting pressure on the ball. Better off glong over the press sometimes as CBs are struggling to get out if they get stalled at all. United have worked it well down the right between Lindelof, AWB to Greewood or Van de Beek then inside to Fred.

Pogba is so much better on the left of a three. Fred is much more dynamic than we give credit for when playing a role that is not sitting, if only his passing was better.

Donny is just so classy on the ball.

Well done Ole for first 45 mins with team and set up. Lots still to do and hopefully own goal stays missing in second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ollkiller

1 on 1 defensively I think he's the best in the world. I can't think of anyone better. Any suggestions on who's as good as him 1 on 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So far so good, everyone seems to have stepped up and playing well. Both teams pressing each other so not a lot of room out there for players to take a lot of time on the ball or individual runs or skills. Just get it and move it on.

Not much danger in our box as yet, and defensively we look solid. It'll be interesting wen legs tire and more space opens up, subs will be important. Still a lot of work to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Greenwood is probably the best finisher I've seen since RVN...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ollkiller

MattS1 wrote: »
    Greenwood is probably the best finisher I've seen since RVN...

His style of finishing I find more akin to Van Persie but I see your point too. Ruud was lethal in front of goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

[quote=

Also. Fred has been great at recovering possession and recycling the ball on to the likes of pogba and VDB[/quote]

He’s also given the ball away needlessly a couple of times, once in a very dangerous position.. infuriating player

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Also great to see Greenwood and Martial getting back to cover their men. No leaving things to other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

Pogba has played well tonight. He has worked hard and has been disciplined. Some very nice link up play and a great assist for Mason.

What a player he is, when he feels like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fred passing just isn't accurate enough in the deeper positions. Reason I was desperate for us to get Thiago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

Fred passing just isn't accurate enough in the deeper positions. Reason I was desperate for us to get Thiago.

Thiago would have been a dream signing. Just an incredible player.

I was devastated to see him go to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Need to be much better in the transition from defence to countering.

Losing it too easily and inviting pressure already and the 2nd half is only started.

Great ball from Shaw there, 4 players miss it. Deserved better. He's been better going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Don’t know what VAR person is seeing there😡

I don't agree at all

Been playing direct balls to Martial frequently

Shaw's deliveries have been decent.

Don’t know what VAR person is seeing there😡

No penalty if the arm is supporting the body. Its in the rules. Correct call.

• Advertisement

best to take matic off now

Maguire is too grabby. He was lucky to get away with it against Chelsea, no need to tempt faith again tonight.

Ole needs to make some tweaks here

Put under pressure now

McTominey on please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

They aren’t slow to dive and go down, very annoying.

Ole needs to change something here. We are second best and need to get some control back. This 11 in this formation won't do it, so needs some tactical change

Drumpot wrote: »
    They aren’t slow to dive and go down, very annoying.

Couple snipers in OT tonight..

donny prob should have played that out to the right

Great bit of tiki taka there. Rashford incoming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Ole needs to make some tweaks here

Put under pressure now

McTominey on please

Ole's listening to you by the looks of things.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

That's a pen

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement