Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes OP [17/10/20]

1193194195196197199»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I felt sorry for Lindelof at the end when he ran the ball out of play. Looking for a ball to play and not one person showed for him. Static on the edge of the box the lot of them.

We had little width in the beginning and after Oles subs we had none.

One point from 4 home games is an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

So so bad today, ruined my evening :o

The only positive is that when United play that bad on a Sunday, it only ruins your Sunday and not your whole weekend.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

adox wrote: »
    I felt sorry for Lindelof at the end when he ran the ball out of play. Looking for a ball to play and not one person showed for him. Static on the edge of the box the lot of them.

We had little width in the beginning and after Oles subs we had none.

One point from 4 home games is an absolute disgrace.

He's very quickly become our most reliable defender too. Funny that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I thought Arsenal were pretty wasteful. Opponents must love when they see Pogba go for a over stretching type challenge in the box. You could be picky about a few Mike Dean moments but Arsenal good value for the win. You can see they have a manager who is going places.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Dozyart wrote: »
    It lied last season some would tell you!

Last season doesn’t matter a f@“k now does it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Starting Pogba ahead of VDB is gas enough but then, while chasing a goal, opting to keep Pogba on instead of Bruno is ridiculous.

And we were mugged into extending that bloody contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I genuinely cannot wrap my head around how we can be so good against PSG and Leipzig and so utterly fcuking abysmal against Chelsea and Arsenal.

Its mind boggling that its the same manager that's overseen the 4 games, largely the same personnel have played yet the performances are so far away from each other.

He who shall not be named been left on when our best player was taken off is the most staggering thing I've seen in quite some time.

He can set up a team for the counter attack, he can't get the team playing fluid creative football.

He has the players there now so there's no excuses anymore. His team has no identity on the pitch. Being honest, we're very lucky to have 7 points in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I genuinely cannot wrap my head around how we can be so good against PSG and Leipzig and so utterly fcuking abysmal against Chelsea and Arsenal.

Because those teams come at you with the ball, and aren't particularly direct when they have it. So you can easily get into shape and wait to counter.

Arsenal were happy to give you the ball, knowing you can't break the low block. Never really have been able to. Its this team's giant weakness under Ole.

Nobody actually ****ing does anything infront of Lindelof or Maguire to ever give them an option.

O ya I agree like. I don't know if. Its laziness or poor coaching or what but its crazy bad at times.

I Think he lost it as he was. Getting pressed by 2 people and pogba didn't move to. Give him an option and he had to run it out of play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Bruno was rubbish today but it looked like Ole had him on the left wing.

• Advertisement

Everton away next week, who are in a poor run themselves but still missing Richarlison who makes everything work for them. If Coleman and James are back, we might struggle, but it's an absolute must win.

I think our next run of games is tougher. In the next 7 we have Everton, Southampton, W. Ham, Leeds and City. All capable of taking points off us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Daz_ wrote: »
    Last season doesn’t matter a f@“k now does it ?

Ahh i see,sorry to interrupt your hysteria,carry on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

RasTa wrote: »
    Bruno was rubbish today but it looked like Ole had him on the left wing.

It was Pogba on the left to start but when Shaw was getting double teamed with fcuk all help Bruno and Pogba seemed to switch for a bit THATS how woeful Pogba is.

Ahh i see,sorry to interrupt your hysteria,carry on

I don’t take any instruction from you - Dozy .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Wonder if Keane / Neville will throw ole under the bus

Needs to go in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I can't believe someone said Pogba was one of our best players

MUFC's last six PL away games: WWWWWW
    MUFC's last six PL home games: DDLLDL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Surely even his biggest fans cant defend him anymore

Liverpool have alot of injuries and city look inconsistent

I am not saying we would win the league but it's probably the best chance to win the league in years

Just get in Pochetinho tomorrow and give us a chance of top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Btw Cavani was shocking
    Another has been picking up the cheque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Daz_ wrote: »
    I don’t take any instruction from you - Dozy .

Hahahaha what? You do you kid! (Virtual thumbs up)

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Surely even his biggest fans cant defend him anymore

Liverpool have alot of injuries and city look inconsistent

I am not saying we would win the league but it's probably the best chance to win the league in years

Just get in Pochetinho tomorrow and give us a chance of top 4

Barca might come calling for him at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Really sickening especially after our midweek performance

We were gutless in every position on the pitch and a special mention to our attack as it was dreadful, did we even make their keeper work?

Arsenal team knew what they were doing, they had a plan and tactics spot on where as utd were just a group of individuals who are badly managed and just clueless

Ole first sub really pissed me off as it was far to conservative

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Our home record in the league:
    ✘ 1-3 Crystal Palace
    ✘ 1-6 Spurs
    ✘ 0-0 Chelsea
    ✘ 0-1 Arsenal

0 wins,3 losses, 1 draw.

2 goals scored, 10 goals conceded

Fcuking abysmal :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No excuses about the result, Arsenal deserved the win

We were sh1te, not one leader in that team today, all going through the motions, it was like they decided they didn't fancy it early on when Arsenal put the squeeze on them early, whole team was slow on the ball, no urgency to win it back when out of possession either,

Pogba was disgraceful, prancing around, taking 5/6 touches with the ball, being shoe horned into positions, still waiting for this talent that the likes of Neville, Rio and Hargreaves are always talking about,

Brutal stuff

Changing the manager wont sort this out either, it will short term but these lads will throw the next manger under the bus as well.

Frauds

Whatever about the performance, Arsenals two main signings this Summer were the difference.

Partey and Gabriel.

VDB and Cavani can't get a look in.

We all know there is a massive issue above Ole, transfer recruitment, etc.

But the players are there, they have it in them as proven v PSG and Leipzig.

Need someone who can get the best out of the players on a consistent basis, tactically astute. Ole is an issue as well.

There is no leadership here but the players are there. Even Fernandes was poor who should be shouting and roaring. That didn't happen today why?!

And another thing. In this the week, a club legend , Nobby Stiles, passes away, a player who overcame apparent shortfalls in his skill/ability and was considered a bit sleight to be one of the most tenacious and hard working midfielders the club has had, in an era where players got kicked about the place we have to see Pogba, on 350 k a week treat the game like it's a video game and swan about the place disgusts me.

The club should be offering him to any club willing to offer any remotely decent fee come January. he's very much part of the problem. It's a cultural problem within the club. Marketable faces are more important than on field work.

Annabella1 wrote: »
    Btw Cavani was shocking
    Another has been picking up the cheque

tbf he's last competitive game was back in Feb

Stupid transfer though

Hahahaha what? You do you kid! (Virtual thumbs up)

No I still don’t . And no not a kid either . Don’t direct any more stupid direct comments My way - good man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

3 of our 7 points were against Brighton who hit the woodwork 5 times and we scored after the final whistle

Jesus this is pathetic if he is not sacked quickly we will do well to get top 4

• Advertisement

Roy Keane is spot on

RasTa wrote: »
    MUFC's last six PL away games: WWWWWW
    MUFC's last six PL home games: DDLLDL

Remember a time when they were struggling at home a season or 2 ago and it was blamed on the nervous energy of the fans and the edgineess it created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Changing the manager wont sort this out either, it will short term but these lads will throw the next manger under the bus as well.
    Exactly. No question in another 2/3 years time here on this forum after another crap run of performances with mix of these same players and new poor signings we'll be calling for Pochettino or whoever's head while Woodward and the Glazers continue to sit nice and comfy not with a bother on them

I think i've said numerous times that Partey is a beast and utd should went for him in summer, tonight shows how good he is

Imagine 50m for talent like him, what a beast and just makes this ****ing summer transfer window even worse

Nuts102 wrote: »
    3 of our 7 points were against Brighton who hit the woodwork 5 times and we scored after the final whistle

Jesus this is pathetic if he is not sacked quickly we will do well to get top 4

Next manger then will have to given time to get his "own team"

Which is next to near impossible with way Ed does transfers and the ridiculous wages the players are on, will find it it very hard to take any of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Roy Keane is spot on

What did he say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Has any other team in recent history ever been taken for such a ride by a so-called star player like Pogba? He has been indulged to the point where it's actually embarrassing watching him play at times. He's the ultimate non-team player.

As for Ole, he's done what needed to be done and restored some identity to the club. Thanks for that. Now it's time for a proper coach to come in and actually implement a real method and plan on the pitch. Not going for Poch when he's sitting there at home scratching his balls is getting more laughable by the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Our home record in the league:
    ✘ 1-3 Crystal Palace
    ✘ 1-6 Spurs
    ✘ 0-0 Chelsea
    ✘ 0-1 Arsenal

0 wins,3 losses, 1 draw.

2 goals scored, 10 goals conceded

Fcuking abysmal :o

4 games for which Pogba has earned 1.26 million pounds.

Glazers Out!

Whilst I agree, the manager needs to be changed IMO.

They're all issues, Ole is the easiest to be changed.

Dare I say, it can't get any worse than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

60mil for Pogba and bring in another CM. Will do wonders for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

What did he say?

Something something Langer...

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

New thread incoming

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement