Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes OP [17/10/20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Fabrizio Romano seems to be the ulitmate ITK Tier 1 at the moment, his 2 latest updates on Sancho, VDB and Thiago now apparently a target.

As KH25 said, it's finally nice to have some transfer news to discuss. Have notifications on for Romano at the moment.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1299823018802376707?s=20

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1299909826407993344?s=20

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1299996939040296960?s=20

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Everyone seems to forget that a month ago Romano said that Sancho was done and that personnel terms had been agreed. Its since come to light that none of that was true.

I'm not sure why he's still seen as reliable.

Everyone seems to forget that a month ago Romano said that Sancho was done and that personnel terms had been agreed. Its since come to light that none of that was true.

I'm not sure why he's still seen as reliable.

I don't think he said it was done.

He said personal terms had been agreed but the €120million still needs to be agreed. Something we're all aware of.

It is was done, he'd have done his usual here we go tweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,240 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yeah Romano is the most/only reliable journalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yeah Romano is the most/only reliable journalist.

Only one worth following on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I don't think he said it was done.

He said personal terms had been agreed but the €120million still needs to be agreed. Something we're all aware of.

It is was done, he'd have done his usual here we go tweet.

Except its since come out that the personnel terms haven't been agreed and BVB had turned down all Utd advances saying €120m upfront since day one, so it wasn't even close.

I think people are giving him too much credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

A lot of noise coming out about Van De Beek joining us in the past 24 hours. Not going to get my hopes up until it's confirmed by Fabrizio but I do have a good feeling about this one

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1300049409787469824?s=20

Except its since come out that the personnel terms haven't been agreed and BVB had turned down all Utd advances saying €120m upfront since day one, so it wasn't even close.

They are agreed and wages etc. It's only down to United to pay the money which of course takes a lifetime.

Not doubting you but I didn't see anywhere to say that personal terms haven't been agreed. My understanding was they were agreed or certainly never the issue, it was always the transfer fee involved that was the stumbling block.

In the world of media and social media, he is one of few I'd trust and follow, he's too popular at the moment to publish something untrue that will inevitably harm his repuation IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

You are basing the above on the same flawed media/rumour mill that said it was a done deal, so perhaps all bystanders should treat things in less absolute terms until clubs announe it themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

United only have to pay you say......

*Ed, in the expectation the price will be lowered, begins to pat down all his pockets pretending he’s forgot his wallet*

Ajax:

tenor.gif?itemid=14299110

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I don’t believe the Thiago stuff. I just don’t see him wanting to move to United over Liverpool at the minute. Liverpool are favourites or near favourites for every competition they will play in next year and United are a team on a long winded transition period.

In saying that.... I think it depends on whether Liverpool can afford him. If we bid the 30 million and we pay him good wages then it’s possible. But then you wonder is that a throwback to the mistakes made in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    United only have to pay you say......

*Ed, in the expectation the price will be lowered, begins to pat down all his pockets pretending he’s forgot his wallet*

Ajax:

tenor.gif?itemid=14299110

Ed in negotiations "naturally I'd pay that much but we just don't have the money"

Mr-Burns-as-you-can-see-this-old-place-is-falling-apart.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭KH25

GSPfan wrote: »
    I don’t believe the Thiago stuff. I just don’t see him wanting to move to United over Liverpool at the minute. Liverpool are favourites or near favourites for every competition they will play in next year and United are a team on a long winded transition period.

In saying that.... I think it depends on whether Liverpool can afford him. If we bid the 30 million and we pay him good wages then it’s possible. But then you wonder is that a throwback to the mistakes made in the past.

I can only see him going to Liverpool to be honest. I can’t understand how they haven’t already done the deal considering the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

I had hopes the scouting has improved with the recent signings but maybe they were gotten as they were first choice and we just paid the money. Doesn't seem to be any plan b that would require in depth scouting from the club at all. If we weren't willing to pay the money for Sancho we should have moved on 3 weeks ago. Its fairly damming and selling clubs know we'll just pay up eventually.

I'd imagine he would want to finish his career with a chance of winning more trophies but I guess its possible he might just want one last big pay bad.

Cause thats about all we can offer him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mad that nobody has signed Thiago at that price, you'd think loads of clubs would be interested. Unless he has his heart set on Liverpool and they're not wasting their time trying to sign him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

xtal191 wrote: »
    Mad that nobody has signed Thiago at that price, you'd think loads of clubs would be interested. Unless he has his heart set on Liverpool and they're not wasting their time trying to sign him

Pushing 30, long injury history, would be looking for one last big contract north of 250k a week, little-to-no resale value.... I mean it's not completely ludicrous to think some clubs will pass up the opportunity.

Not saying he'll flop by any means wherever he ends up, but there's plenty of red flags to suggest it's not a no-brainer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

He missed a year with a ligament injury 5-6 years ago, and since then has had a couple of niggly injuries and 1 lengthy one.

A lot of them happened at the very end of the season/or in preseason or coming out of the German midwinter break. He picked up.some niggly ones at the restart too.

I'd say he nearly needs to be having strength and conditioning all of the time, and proper game management. I'd say Klopp would manage that better than Ole, but I'd also say Liverpool owners would look at those and say maybe not.

They were burned by the aquilani injuries, and Keita has had too many niggly injuries to properly get going. I'd say they are also more interested in ensuring they keep Wijnaldum than getting Thiago in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I used up all of my Thiago Alcantara muppet points back in Summer 2013. I simply don't have any left nor the will to find more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Thiago is a starter in any team in the world, VDB is a good squad addition. Obviously if there’s any chance of the former it needs to happen, he’s only 29 and probably has another 3/4 years at a high level.

I can’t see us going for VDB and Thiago if we are keeping all our players. I can see Fred being sacrificed if we got Thiago. There was chat about Fred going earlier in the week.

Still can’t see us getting either. I’d give it a 20-30% chance we get VDB but about 5% chance we get Thiago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

I can’t see us going for VDB and Thiago if we are keeping all our players. I can see Fred being sacrificed if we got Thiago. There was chat about Fred going earlier in the week.

Still can’t see us getting either. I’d give it a 20-30% chance we get VDB but about 5% chance we get Thiago.
    Do you think we will sign anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Seen somewhere talk of fred going on loan to turkey... doubt utd would agree to that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm unsure where Van de Beek would fit in in the 1st team at utd, he's a very good talent but there's higher priority positions that need filled...

• Advertisement

If we get Thiago/VDB that would surely be the end of Fred. We dont need that many CM's. (I'm already ignoring Andreas existence)

I think VDB's versatility means he'll be a great option to have and he'll get plenty of gametime even if he is not an 'automatic starter' or in the 'best 11'.

He could play in a pivot with Pogba depending on the opposition or he could replace Pogba or Fernandes. In a best possible starting eleven, he probably won't start but that doesn't mean he won't be a valuable member of the squad.

The end of the season proved United actually have a good starting team but as a squad, it was seriously lacking. Fernandes was burned out, Pogba only back from injury and OGS unwilling to trust anyone like Pereira, Lingard, etc to fill the gaps.

Yes there is higher priorities but don't think we should shy away from a quality midfielder like VDB adding to squad depth. Hopefully can get it over the line.

After RW, back up for Pogba and Bruno is vital. We badly need solid back ups and not Pereira.

billyhead wrote: »
    Do you think we will sign anyone?

Honestly it’s something I haven’t ruled out. I think we will sign a centre half. But I also think we need to sell players.

Edit: If we completely balls up this window and have no deals completed coming up to the last week then we’ll over pay for Grealish.

Donny van de Beek is close to a dream transfer to Manchester United. Ajax has reached an agreement with the Premier League club about a transfer of the 23-year-old midfielder, sources around the Oranje-international confirm. [ad.nl]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Donny van de Beek is close to a dream transfer to Manchester United. Ajax has reached an agreement with the Premier League club about a transfer of the 23-year-old midfielder, sources around the Oranje-international confirm. [ad.nl]

any chance ed can have a word with ajax about their manager also please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Just realized I placed a bet on VDB to join United a few months ago. Completely forgot about it.

I now have a keen interest in this transfer again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Very happy to see some very concrete links to DVDB. That's a quality squad addition and whatever about a first XI, a player of DVDB quality will still get more game time than most.

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Very happy to see some very concrete links to DVDB. That's a quality squad addition and whatever about a first XI, a player of DVDB quality will still get more game time than most.

Periera started 18 league games last season. And he's awful.

VDB will get loads of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Periera started 18 league games last season. And he's awful.

VDB will get loads of time.

18!! Wow, and we finished 3rd.... Ole you genius

Just realized I placed a bet on VDB to join United a few months ago. Completely forgot about it.

Right lads if VDB doesn't sign we all agree we must sacrifice Shano right?

• Advertisement

Interesting bet, what were the odds at the time and the return now?

[FabrizioRomano] After new contacts also on last hours with his agent, Manchester United have reached a total agreement on personal terms with Donny Van de Beek. The Dutch midfielder has accepted to join Man Utd until June 2025. �� #MUFC #ManUnited #transfers

[FabrizioRomano] After new contacts also on last hours with his agent, Manchester United have reached a total agreement on personal terms with Donny Van de Beek. The Dutch midfielder has accepted to join Man Utd until June 2025. �� #MUFC #ManUnited #transfers

Just waiting for Here we go....

EgsCMPlWsAI9LzK?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

xtal191 wrote: »
    EgsCMPlWsAI9LzK?format=jpg&name=900x900

Is this really a kit? I find it hard to believe..

It's vile.

I love it.

I'm not a fan of that 'Harry Maguire: The Prisoner Edition' jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

It's vile.

I love it.

And disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I think that gave me epilepsy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement