Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Seve OB wrote: »
    I want to go there on holiday. Some resort, has everything.

It’s like Disneyland but with nature

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That course looks incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭CONSI

decent rates aswell. Pity Adare Manor isnt more like that

FULL 18 HOLE COURSE – Starting Sept 24

September & October
    18 Holes: $225 | Replay & Twilight: $150
    Junior (17 & Under): $85

November & December
    18 Holes: $195 | Replay: $130
    Junior (17 & Under): $55

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

meath4sam wrote: »
    It’s like Disneyland but with nature
    I'm not sure this is the praise you think it is. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

CONSI wrote: »
    decent rates aswell. Pity Adare Manor isnt more like that

FULL 18 HOLE COURSE – Starting Sept 24

September & October
    18 Holes: $225 | Replay & Twilight: $150
    Junior (17 & Under): $85

November & December
    18 Holes: $195 | Replay: $130
    Junior (17 & Under): $55

That's really good pricing. Adare Manor is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

etxp wrote: »
    That's really good pricing. Adare Manor is ridiculous.

Manor even sillier at the moment, because you still have to pay for your caddie, but because of COVID, you have to bring your own bag around, so the caddie is literally just there to watch (and give the odd line etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

callaway92 wrote: »
    you still have to pay for your caddie, but because of COVID, you have to bring your own bag around, so the caddie is literally just there to watch (and give the odd line etc)

That's ridiculous :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,276 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

callaway92 wrote: »
    Manor even sillier at the moment, because you still have to pay for your caddie, but because of COVID, you have to bring your own bag around, so the caddie is literally just there to watch (and give the odd line etc)

****ing hell. That’s a joke.

Few of us are hoping play a round there next year. I work with man who Brother is high up in working in Manor so hoping get a deal of some sort which my colleague seems confident.

Can’t wait to play it. Once in lifetime for somebody like myself unless I win lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

I want to go there on holiday. Some resort, has everything.

I actually didn't think much of the course if I'm being honest. Too OTT for my liking and fairways nearly 100 yards wide wouldn't be my idea of a good course. It just looks overly manufactured. It might appeal to the yanks but I certainly wouldn't be going out of my way to try to play it anyway. But that's just me:o

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I actually didn't think much of the course if I'm being honest. Too OTT for my liking and fairways nearly 100 yards wide wouldn't be my idea of a good course. It just looks overly manufactured. It might appeal to the yanks but I certainly wouldn't be going out of my way to try to play it anyway. But that's just me
    Well it's always going to be nice and friendly for the amateur hacker on holidays.
    It's going to take time to mature too.
    I'm intending to visit there in a couple of years time, want to play the Nicklaus and Player courses. It's a great destination for a family holiday.
    I'm looking at going with my best mate and both our families.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭CONSI

thats crazy about the Manor. I played it before it closed....actual course layout hasnt changed one bit, just different grass and more open if anything...cant bring myself to pay the money to play it....would prefer to fly to scotland and play...played gleneagles last year for £50...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I actually didn't think much of the course if I'm being honest. Too OTT for my liking and fairways nearly 100 yards wide wouldn't be my idea of a good course. It just looks overly manufactured. It might appeal to the yanks but I certainly wouldn't be going out of my way to try to play it anyway. But that's just me:o

Ya I said it on another thread the course is probably not the best alright, far from it I’m sure, but it’s not about that, it’s a destination. It has a lot to offer for a family holiday By the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,910 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'm not a Byrson fan, as hate slow play - but I do like characters coming into the game if they are a bit different - even if I like them or not. The game needs characters , different swings and ideas.

But the over reaction to his victory has been daft.

You could list of 4/5 golfers in last ten years, who the golf world have said

"He has changed the game"
    "the game will not be the same"
    "He is just too good"

Bubba Watson made a joke of Augusta - and now hardly features. People were worried about the course and the game at that point

Spieth was putting at a total bizarre level - and he literally looked unbeatable because of this - people were genuinely concerned for majors as he looked unbeatable.

Brooks Koepka made an absolute joke of majors in 2017/ 2018 / 2019.

Even more recently Molinair had an Iron game - that looked like he was going to make a joke of the game

Then to add to all this - this power game is nothing new

Jack Nicklaus
    John Daly
    Tiger Woods
    Rory McIlroy
    Dustin Johnson.

I watched every shot that Bryson hit in last round - and the power hitting is part of the win - but his wedge play and putting was unreal.
    He did absolutely nothing we haven't seen before.

So fair play to him - he has just won one major. Well deserved , he is completely focused on golf, doing all the hard work. And he can do all the physics and protein drinks in the world he likes. But the guy who wins, has either loads of talent with work
    or
    Is just working way harder than the rest.

Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Place looks like heaven.

Girlfriend was in University for 6 months in Springfield, Missouri. Went over to visit her and got as far south as Branson, not realising this beautiful looking place was only a short jaunt further!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

I'm not a Byrson fan, as hate slow play - but I do like characters coming into the game if they are a bit different - even if I like them or not. The game needs characters , different swings and ideas.

But the over reaction to his victory has been daft.

You could list of 4/5 golfers in last ten years, who the golf world have said

"He has changed the game"
    "the game will not be the same"
    "He is just too good"

Bubba Watson made a joke of Augusta - and now hardly features. People were worried about the course and the game at that point

Spieth was putting at a total bizarre level - and he literally looked unbeatable because of this - people were genuinely concerned for majors as he looked unbeatable.

Brooks Koepka made an absolute joke of majors in 2017/ 2018 / 2019.

Even more recently Molinair had an Iron game - that looked like he was going to make a joke of the game

Then to add to all this - this power game is nothing new

Jack Nicklaus
    John Daly
    Tiger Woods
    Rory McIlroy
    Dustin Johnson.

I watched every shot that Bryson hit in last round - and the power hitting is part of the win - but his wedge play and putting was unreal.
    He did absolutely nothing we haven't seen before.

So fair play to him - he has just won one major. Well deserved , he is completely focused on golf, doing all the hard work. And he can do all the physics and protein drinks in the world he likes. But the guy who wins, has either loads of talent with work
    or
    Is just working way harder than the rest.

Fair play to him.

Did you know Bryson soaks his balls in Epsom salts?
    https://www.usga.org/clubhouse/40ungatedcontent/dechambeauclubs1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Did you know Bryson soaks his balls in Epsom salts?
    https://www.usga.org/clubhouse/40ungatedcontent/dechambeauclubs1.html

is that not very itchy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

GreeBo wrote: »
    is that not very itchy?

I've never tried it myself. It didnt appear to affect Bryson's!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Was anyone watching Sergio last night??
    Hitting putts with his eyes closed. worked very well for him. his pace and stroke were excellent. and he won.

fearruanua wrote: »
    Hitting putts with his eyes closed. worked very well for him. his pace and stroke were excellent. and he won.

no way really thats insane must catch that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,437 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

GreeBo wrote: »
    is that not very itchy?

No, it does wonders for my feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hon Sergio!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Rikand wrote: »
    Hon Sergio!

Please tell me you had him backed because I refuse to believe you could actually be a fan!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭hurikane

fearruanua wrote: »

He said he’s been doing it for 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Please tell me you had him backed because I refuse to believe you could actually be a fan!!?

he is a fan
    and so am i. Sergio is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

That approach to 18 was class. Malnati’s reaction was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

he is a fan
    and so am i. Sergio is a legend.

Fair enough, wouldn't be a fan myself, for various reasons that I'm sure everyone knows about, each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

tobsey wrote: »
    That approach to 18 was class. Malnati’s reaction was better.

Pure class, always nice to see Sergio win. His first win since the Masters?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

etxp wrote: »
    Pure class, always nice to see Sergio win. His first win since the Masters?

5th win since the Masters, although you won't hear that from US golf media.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    5th win since the Masters, although you won't hear that from US golf media.
    correct.
    since the masters he has won
    Valderama X2
    KLM
    Singapore Open
    Sanderson Farms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Oh just the handy 9 under from Bryson today.

Bryson’s drives today, starting on No. 10 at TPC Summerlin. (He shot 62 and is leading)

295 (on green)
    361 (on green)

I’d love if Augusta just announce they are implementing their own tournament ball. Everyone plays the same ball and have it rolled back to years ago. See how the pros get on then.

Advertisement