Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Summerlin is a handy course for the pros so not surprised seeing Bryson -9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Summerlin is a handy course for the pros so not surprised seeing Bryson -9

Not watching but it looks like they are tearing the course apart, already looking like a -5 or -6 cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd much rather watch a US Open type tournament to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Oh just the handy 9 under from Bryson today.

Bryson’s drives today, starting on No. 10 at TPC Summerlin. (He shot 62 and is leading)

295 (on green)
    361 (on green)

I’d love if Augusta just announce they are implementing their own tournament ball. Everyone plays the same ball and have it rolled back to years ago. See how the pros get on then.

Yeah I'd be much more confident of Augusta having the balls to introduce a tournament ball. It's the obvious solution.

I Remember a few years back the Cork hurlers brought there own sliotars to a munster final, took a while for it to be discovered. The ball went an extra 10 yards over the standard ball. Needs to be a level playing field for all.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

The off the ball lads were talking about if augusta will do anything. They mentioned banning the green book. Id agree, bring it back to the good old fashioned having to read the green rather than having the slopes in your pocket.

They also think Bryson is anchoring the putter he has just found a work-around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Oh just the handy 9 under from Bryson today.

Bryson’s drives today, starting on No. 10 at TPC Summerlin. (He shot 62 and is leading)

295 (on green)
    361 (on green)

I’d love if Augusta just announce they are implementing their own tournament ball. Everyone plays the same ball and have it rolled back to years ago. See how the pros get on then.

It would all be relative. He'd still be the longest out there and instead of going into a par 4 with a 9 iron he might be going in with a 7 instead. But of course the rest of them will be going in with 5 iron. I do agree it's getting a bit ridiculous all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

ThunderCat wrote: »
    It would all be relative. He'd still be the longest out there and instead of going into a par 4 with a 9 iron he might be going in with a 7 instead. But of course the rest of them will be going in with 5 iron. I do agree it's getting a bit ridiculous all the same.

agree on this. i don't see how a standardised, doesn't go as far, ball is going to make a difference. The long hitters are still going to be the long hitters and still hold that advantage over the rest. swingspeed won't change by introducing a new ball.

ThunderCat wrote:
    You do realise that the shorter they are hitting it the less of a gap between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It could make things slower as caddies and players would have to recalibrate distances. Will a specific tournament ball spin in the same way, feel the same way with a putter - us amateurs may not be impacted massively by stuff like that but these guys certainly would.

fearruanua wrote: »
    agree on this. i don't see how a standardised, doesn't go as far, ball is going to make a difference. The long hitters are still going to be the long hitters and still hold that advantage over the rest. swingspeed won't change by introducing a new ball.

Big hitters will still be the big hitters and that's perfectly fine, the new ball will be to protect golf courses.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Bring back the wooden shafts and a heavier ball

Bring back the wooden shafts and a heavier ball
    I've always thought it'd be nice to have a tournament like that every year. It could become a very important one to them all to show that technology isn't the only reason they can win golf tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've always thought it'd be nice to have a tournament like that every year. It could become a very important one to them all to show that technology isn't the only reason they can win golf tournaments.

That's a great idea, bringing back the Persimmon heads would be mad to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

wiff of jealousy

Cracking round from the Wolff . Bryson going backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Cracking round from the Wolff . Bryson going backwards

Including 3 eagles

I can't remember the last time the cut mark was -7, I wonder has there ever been a cut lower than that?

Fairly bunched leaderboard so could be an exciting final round hopefully.

If only Cantlay wasn't in the final group, he's painful to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

El Sueño wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time the cut mark was -7, I wonder has there ever been a cut lower than that?

Fairly bunched leaderboard so could be an exciting final round hopefully.

If only Cantlay wasn't in the final group, he's painful to watch.

Fairly sure I saw a tweet saying it was the lowest cut ever!

Edit : https://twitter.com/PGATOURComms/status/1314741557891788801

Thanks for that, I was thinking it seemed ridiculously low alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hopeful that Will Zalotoris gets the top 5 he needs for temporary membership. Completely deserves it given his play on the KF tour this year

• Advertisement

Good to see Frankie back albeit missing the cut. Thankfully the retirement rumours don't seem to be true.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Laird has been rock solid all day and then does that on 17, interesting chip coming up :eek:

Edit: Brilliant up and down

Glad Laird won it. One for the older shorter hitters.

Glad Laird won it. One for the older shorter hitters.
    Laird is not short, top 50 in driving distance last year.

The fact that Laird was clearly a nervous wreck from 16 onwards made me want him to win even more. Delighted for him.

Apparently his career earnings are North of 19 million :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Just watched the highlights, his up and down on the 17th was incredible. Some shot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

El Sueño wrote: »
    The fact that Laird was clearly a nervous wreck from 16 onwards made me want him to win even more. Delighted for him.

Apparently his career earnings are North of 19 million :eek:

Yeh he's been around for a long time now (10+ years) on the PGA Tour and playing at a very high level with a slight drop the last couple of years. Good for him tbh

DJ out of the CJ Cup this week with Corona.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Finau out. Not sure if it’s corona related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Finau out. Not sure if it’s corona related

He was confirmed with it last week was he not?

Advertisement