Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Watched a bit of Tyrrell Hatton last night...

Acting like a right knob....

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1317582476055805953?s=20

They dont show him kicking the club down the fairway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Benny Cake wrote: »

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1317582476055805953?s=20

They dont show him kicking the club down the fairway....

He was interviewed afterwards, very apologetic, said he was very tired and just had a bad day at the office.

Dav010 wrote: »
    He was interviewed afterwards, very apologetic, said he was very tired and just had a bad day at the office.

He must have some sort of tourette's. Or else he is just an arse. I'm going for the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Benny Cake wrote: »

That's standard for Tyrrell. It's a shame to see because off the course he comes across as a really sound guy.

He must have some sort of tourette's. Or else he is just an arse. I'm going for the latter.

It’s one of the benefits of having no crowds, you can hear more of what the players are saying, there has been quite a few expletives over the past few weeks, to be honest, I like it, makes them more like ordinary Sunday morning golfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Hatton is a strange case, displays shocking behavior on the golf course which makes him seem like a complete arsehole yet he comes across very well in interviews and seems to be considered a sound lad.

I'm not sure what to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Maiden win for kokrak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't mind a golfer getting mad on the course, not as outrageous as some like to make out I think. Better than watching a robot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I like Hatton, so what if he throws a regular tantrum on the course, it's entertaining and much more enjoyable to watch the 'gollllly Matty' Kuchars of this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I like Hatton, so what if he throws a regular tantrum on the course, it's entertaining and much more enjoyable to watch the 'gollllly Matty' Kuchars of this world.
    There's an etiquette in golf, throwing clubs and losing your temper is not part of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Bubba is really trending in the right direction ahead of Augusta.

Nice round from Rahm

Every time I see Cantlay near the top of a leaderboard my heart sinks, he's so hard to watch. He has to be the slowest player on the planet. Bryson is slow too obviously but at least he's interesting to watch.

Commentator on Rahm vs Thomas: "Many have said this could be the next great golf rivalry"

I doubt anyone has ever said that

Cantlay playing well

If Russel Henley could putt just a little bit better he'd be a beast. His ball striking has been unreal the last few months.

Feels like he is close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

What was the story with Tiger and Phil playing so late in the day?

If Russel Henley could putt just a little bit better he'd be a beast. His ball striking has been unreal the last few months.
    Watch him in Houston, he loves that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

BraveDonut wrote: »
    What was the story with Tiger and Phil playing so late in the day?

Both close to last place and teeing off the 10th.

So Dechambeau just broke 400yrds off the tee, if he hits it well at the Masters, he could leave half his irons at home.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KylePorterCBS/status/1319767286027255809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Dav010 wrote: »
    So Dechambeau just broke 400yrds off the tee, if he hits it well at the Masters, he could leave half his irons at home.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KylePorterCBS/status/1319767286027255809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Impressive, but not the full picture. There was a tailwind I read somewhere?

etxp wrote: »
    Impressive, but not the full picture. There was a tailwind I read somewhere?

20mph apparently, still an amazing hit though, think how many holes he will play with a bit of wind assist.

I don't fancy Bryson for Augusta at all myself, not this year anyway.

Way too much pressure on him imo. He's all anybody's talking about.

I don't fancy Bryson for Augusta at all myself, not this year anyway.
    Way too much pressure on him imo. He's all anybody's talking about.
    He's already won a major with everybody talking about him.
    He's got an excellent short game and putting which is a huge help at Augusta.

eagle eye wrote: »
    He's already won a major with everybody talking about him.
    He's got an excellent short game and putting which is a huge help at Augusta.

This is true but I don't think there was much expectation for him to win at Winged Foot. It'll be a different story at the Masters where he'll be favourite and I can see that making a difference. I'm interested to see how he handles it.

El Sueño wrote: »
    This is true but I don't think there was much expectation for him to win at Winged Foot. It'll be a different story at the Masters where he'll be favourite and I can see that making a difference. I'm interested to see how he handles it.

I get the feeling that he is the type that is used to controversy and revels in being different. I bet he feels that he deserves his place among the favourites and wouldn’t have it any other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Go Pádraig. T3 after 7 today.....

Denny McCarthy flying. Great leaderboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

durkadurka wrote: »
    Go Pádraig. T3 after 7 today.....

Unfortunately didn't even finish in the top 25 in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

W Clark had 3 different putts to win and missed all 3,D Clarke won his 1st senior pga title, not everyones favourite player but worth a mention

Advertisement