Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Comments

God I love the Korda's

I prefer Brooke Henderson.

Kang must have bottled it. She was leading by 4 when I last seen it. Korda's good players too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Good to see Spieth playing well, hopefully he doesn't do what he's been doing the last few years and fall off a cliff the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Jason Day must be gone from taylormade. Ping driver & old two ball putter.

Sorry just read - it’s old news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Yeah I think that ended middle of last year sometime? I wonder are Nike regretting their 100m contract?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Lovely courses, look very Irish I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Wolff withdrew. He was having a nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Yeah I think that ended middle of last year sometime? I wonder are Nike regretting their 100m contract?

Wow. Just shows you how much attention I’ve been paying to golf.

Brooks really struggling, gone from Claude Harmon too.

El Sueño wrote: »
    Good to see Spieth playing well, hopefully he doesn't do what he's been doing the last few years and fall off a cliff the next few days.

He's now a shot outside the cutline with two holes to go :(

One of those is a par 5 but the way he's playing I can't see him making a birdie sadly.

Edit: No birdie and he missed the cut by a shot

Speith misses the cut.

Lots of big names struggling for form , Day, Speith, Fowler, Keoepka, Stenson, Rose, Molinari Lowry. Ryder cup likely to be without some of them.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/_19thHole/status/1355447361263325185

If Brooks couldn't snap it could anyone? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Wolff withdrew. He was having a nightmare

Wolff withdrew from the Farmers Insurance Open on Thursday following a first-round 78, citing a right-hand injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I see Reed is acting the bollix again......twice in the same round?

Reed involved in yet another controversy I see, this time for getting a free drop for an embedded ball in the rough despite the ball clearly bouncing before it settled.

Edit: and another one! This time for claiming a sprinkler head was interfering with his stance. Rich Beem even said it was dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

He just can’t help himself. Faldo on the CBS broadcast calling it as he sees it too. Calling bull**** on the PGA referee as well.

He didn’t even tell hi playing partners he was going to check for something and he knows all the cameras are on him. Just madness.

Golf twitter exploding too

He just can’t help himself. Faldo on the CBS broadcast calling it as he sees it too. Calling bull**** on the PGA referee as well.

He didn’t even tell hi playing partners he was going to check for something and he knows all the cameras are on him. Just madness.

Golf twitter exploding too

I have always reckoned that the referees on the PGA tour are overly generous in their rulings to the big name players.
    Reed is bringing the game into disrepute with his antics.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I have always reckoned that the referees on the PGA tour are overly generous in their rulings to the big name players.
    Reed is bringing the game into disrepute with his antics.

Just imagine what he could be up to when the camera isn’t on him. Like when he is well down the field. Could be up to all kinds of shenanigans.

Such a pity as his short game is a joy to watch

Reed gone a little ropey last few holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Arnold54321

Reed gone a little ropey last few holes.

... and it’s been great to watch! Those dodgy drops... :mad:

Rory on the other hand left 9/10 getable birdies out there over the last two rounds. Putter just not the races. Driving the ball further than ever and wedge play has been great.

Unbelievable setting for a course, makes for great viewing. Could sit and watch all day, which I’ve pretty much done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hopefully the PGA tour show some balls now. Social media running wild, pressure is on them to do something. Reed has to be dq'd and maybe suspended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

eagle eye wrote: »
    Hopefully the PGA tour show some balls now. Social media running wild, pressure is on them to do something. Reed has to be dq'd and maybe suspended.

Surely can't be punished if the referee allowed it?

As much as I dislike him

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

That missed putt from Reed was simply glorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Russman

AdamD wrote: »
    Surely can't be punished if the referee allowed it?

As much as I dislike him

Yeah, I think he’s in the clear if the on-site referee allowed it.

Although with the DJ incident at the US Open when he won, they decided to review it and penalise him despite the referee giving him the ok at the time. Think they decided DJ misled the ref by saying he hadn’t grounded the club, so they were able to review. Dunno if they could find something in what Reed told ref that might allow them.

Russman wrote: »
    Yeah, I think he’s in the clear if the on-site referee allowed it.

Although with the DJ incident at the US Open when he won, they decided to review it and penalise him despite the referee giving him the ok at the time. Think they decided DJ misled the ref by saying he hadn’t grounded the club, so they were able to review. Dunno if they could find something in what Reed told ref that might allow them.

Reed actually lifted his ball and put it down again before the referee arrived, and apparently without consulting his playing partners. It was not clear whether the referee knew that or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

PGA tour going out of their way to excuse Reed on social media, pretty embarrassing stuff.

With lift clean and place in play why would he want to declare a plugged ball?

And then Reed’s twitter account goes and accuses Rory of doing the exact same thing on 18 off his drive. His twitter account is known to be run by his wife who is also known to have the well run burner account called usegolffacts which also posted the accusation. Think she may have posted it on the real P Reed account in error then. Should be fun to hear his explanation on that.

I didn’t see any video or Rory’s drive or his second but did see his third but Rory is someone who in the past has actually not used the rules to his advantage such as last years PGA when he actually could have taken a favourable drop and didn’t.

Looks like the PGA tour account is going out of its way to protect Reed now too. Really is time for players to start calling each other out on this stuff too though. But their tours will always protect them

With lift clean and place in play why would he want to declare a plugged ball?

Fairway only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just got a rules of golf app email through BRS. Solid timing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 WWEfansince90s

Was watching the coverage last night.
    The Sky commentary is beyond awful.
    Why can’t they just use the CBS commentators? Coltart, Rob Lee etc are unfunny, uninteresting and unintelligent!

Advertisement