Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Tony wins this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

36 top 10s since his last win in 2016, Finau. Pocketing a measly $18m in that time.

Pretty cool been a loser on the PGA tour

• Registered Users Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Horrible spot for Homa

• Registered Users Posts: 11,438 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

What a hole to have for a playoff. Pity they didn’t move flag to the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Homa snookered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Rotten luck altogether

Brilliant from Homa!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That's a great par by Homa, it looked like Finau was a sure thing after the tee shots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

And on we go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Why are they off to the 14th?

• Advertisement

Tony is struggling here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Why are they off to the 14th?

10-14-18

No way Homa meant to be that far left!

I like Homa but I'm gutted for Finau

• Registered Users Posts: 34,279 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Finau is cursed or something

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

fullstop wrote: »
    No way Homa meant to be that far left!

I tend to agree with you here. I get the feeling he turned it over too much but not as bad as Finau's. Reckon it was more luck than design there.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Tough luck for Tony. Great player.
    Anyone else annoyed by the constant talk about type of grass? They even don't call it grass anyone. "Ball sitting up in the kukuya there"
    Im probably ignorant here but are grass types really that different to play from?? It's bloody grass!!!
    Other than that, the coverage really is good I have to say.

ClutchIt wrote: »
    Anyone else annoyed by the constant talk about type of grass? They even don't call it grass anyone. "Ball sitting up in the kukuya there"
    Im probably ignorant here but are grass types really that different to play from?? It's bloody grass!!!

Agreed. I don't want to hear the word "kukuya" again for at least another 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭CONSI

all the talk of grass is as to give the players an excuse for a bad shot...love to see them play off some of the bare lies I often get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,506 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

CONSI wrote:
    all the talk of grass is as to give the players an excuse for a bad shot...love to see them play off some of the bare lies I often get
    Bear lies are pretty simple.
    I've played from kukuya grass before. It was embarrassing, my first shot went about six inches, the second went a foot and a half, the third went into a bunker on the far side of the green.
    Even after playing from it a couple of times I was lucky to get it on the green and the greens weren't fast.

ClutchIt wrote: »
    Other than that, the coverage really is good I have to say.

Kikuyu is massively different to any other type of grass and very much a factor. It is a but it’s a bit painful listening to them constantly go on about it, but most viewers probably don’t appreciate the difference it makes.

CONSI wrote: »

It’s really not. If you’ve ever played on that type of grass you’d appreciate that. As eagle eye said it can make you look pretty foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

It's not just Kukuya, every week they go on nd on about it! Be it, poa annua, Bermuda grass, bent grass etc etc. It's nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭shamco

PGA players are pampered 15 to 20mph winds and play is suspended. Very little play in the west of Ireland if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

shamco wrote: »
    PGA players are pampered 15 to 20mph winds and play is suspended. Very little play in the west of Ireland if that was the case.

ridiculous

can they not slow greens down when they know wind will be up?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

shamco wrote: »

Where are you seeing that?

First time in 11 years that Rickie Fowler hasn't qualified for a WGC.

He's had a shocking couple of years. Hindsight is great but surely he shouldn't have left the Harmon stable.

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Where are you seeing that?

Referring to last week I assume, don't think the golf today has teed off yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

First time in 11 years that Rickie Fowler hasn't qualified for a WGC.

He's had a shocking couple of years. Hindsight is great but surely he shouldn't have left the Harmon stable.

Wow, now you mention it he has done a drop off, shame, nice guy

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement