Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Great win for Big Bad Bryson, a divisive figure for sure, I'm a big fan myself, love the comedy sideshow element to his character.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

That was all good TV in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

From being so lucky his first tee shot didn't end up out of bounds, some performance! Wish Lee had done it though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

1st BIG one next week God knows who'll win

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Arnold Palmer turning in his grave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

mjsc1970 wrote: »
    That was all good TV in fairness

Best end of a tournament I can remember in a long time.

Best interview I've seen from Lee in a while. He seems to be in a good space mentally - maybe pressure is sort of - off him at that age.

Kinda - could be a small chance of a Clarke like event.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Harsh !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

fullstop wrote: »
    Fair play to Westwood. Thought after the first few holes he’d fall away, but impressive performance from him. Unfortunately looking like he’s gonna be 1 short.

A quality operator no doubt, very impressive considering how long he's been out there. Shame he couldn't get a couple of putts to drop today, I really wanted to see him get the win.

One of the biggest showmen in golf history, I reckon he'd have loved Bryson's style. Ben Hogan is definitely spinning in the grave though I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Best end of a tournament I can remember in a long time.

Best interview I've seen from Lee in a while. He seems to be in a good space mentally - maybe pressure is sort of - off him at that age.

Kinda - could be a small chance of a Clarke like event.

Westwood will never win a major - his putting has always been his Achilles heel, as it was last night, and I don't see that changing at age 47.

• Advertisement

One of the biggest showmen in golf history, I reckon he'd have loved Bryson's style. Ben Hogan is definitely spinning in the grave though I'd say!

Loved the sycophantic interview afterwards with Bryson paying homage to 'Mr. Palmer' after being caught on camera calling the bunkers the worst on tour. He has some neck, in more ways than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Loved the sycophantic interview afterwards with Bryson paying homage to 'Mr. Palmer' after being caught on camera calling the bunkers the worst on tour. He has some neck, in more ways than one.

I think Bryson should realise that bunkers are designed to penalise wayward shots. Modern tour players don’t regard bunkers, (particularly fairway bunkers on the PGA circuit), as much of a penalty anymore. Most players would much prefer to be in a bunker than in the rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Westwood must be in with a good shout of a major this year? he is playing great stuff, he did have chances to win it yesterday but the course was playing very tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

etxp wrote: »
    Westwood must be in with a good shout of a major this year? he is playing great stuff, he did have chances to win it yesterday but the course was playing very tough.

I would definitely have him in with a shout for the US open if he continues this form.

Should be in top 10 favourites but wont as they will forget

See my comment above. For all the well wishes about Westwood, his putting has always let him down at crucial points in majors. It let him down last night as well. While he might get into contention at the majors, I don't see him winning one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭willabur

Pdoghue wrote: »
    See my comment above. For all the well wishes about Westwood, his putting has always let him down at crucial points in majors. It let him down last night as well. While he might get into contention at the majors, I don't see him winning one.

16 last night was a putt you would expect a tournament winner to make. Looked like a stroke that failed under pressure rather than a misread

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Always thought Lee has a Masters in him, don’t know why

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

willabur wrote: »
    16 last night was a putt you would expect a tournament winner to make. Looked like a stroke that failed under pressure rather than a misread

Still from where he was a few years ago, he looked like he was getting the yips. Its a super turnaround. I like his putting practice tool, simple and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Sawgrass playing really tough so far on an opening day. Some shocking scores from the top players.

That’s the way this course should be. Hard and fast

Henrik has 5 sixes and a seven on his card after only 13 holes!!

• Advertisement

Love the way they've got wall to wall coverage this year on Sky

Really enjoying it so far

Lots of carnage

• Registered Users Posts: 38,510 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Apparently DJ had a great nine holes on Tuesday. Claiming the drive is sorted, said the ball was back a bit in his stance and he's rectified it.
    He could rip it up later if that's true.

I fancy Fleetwood to go well this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Poor old Ben An :eek:

17 looks unbelievably tough today compared to other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some round by Sergio considering the carnage that’s going on with so many players.

Firm and fast greens can lead to so many problems

Spieth's driving has been excellent today, best I've seen him drive the ball maybe ever, great to see

Spieth's driving has been excellent today, best I've seen him drive the ball maybe ever, great to see

There was some lad on here last weekend saying he was a better driver than Spieth.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,003 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lowry at -5 after missing a shortish putt or two.
    Going well. Only 2 behind.

Zalatoris seems to be there or there abouts every tournament he plays. On one of the NLU podcasts about a year ago they had one of the stats guys on (might have been the guy who does strokes gained) who said that their ranking system had him in the top 50 in the world at the time even though he was down around 250 because he was on the Korn Ferry. He’s now into the top 50 OWGR.

There was some lad on here last weekend saying he was a better driver than Spieth.

This doesn't surprise me, sure I've seen multiple people on the forum over the years claim they have swing speeds and driving distances higher than pga tour average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭Augme

Poor old Ben An :eek:

17 looks unbelievably tough today compared to other years.

Just his score card! And I thought kevin Na 8 on 17 was bad!

Advertisement