Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

17 from 18 greens in regulation for JT, phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Aidric wrote: »
    As usual from Westwood. The smart money was laying him all day long.
    Some players just can't seem to get over the line in the ones that really matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I think his caddy was just looking at the prize money breakdown! :D

17 from 18 greens in regulation for JT, phenomenal.

And that one he missed by a whisker on 18!

Delighted for him, that whole mic thing was a load of BS, they should never be picking up everything they say.

If he put that one in the water on 18, he could've been saying even worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭Augme

Delighted for JT. Very tough few months for him. As expected for Westwood really.

• Advertisement

Does Westwood's missus get 10%?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Westwood rolls in the birdie on the last then.

JT blessed with the tee shot on 18

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭doc_17

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Westwood rolls in the birdie on the last then.

Yes, when it doesn’t matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Does Westwood's missus get 10%?

Add a zero on at the end and you're spot on I'd say!

• Advertisement

Do they really need to spend most of the interview talking about Tiger? He just won the players ffs

And I say that as a huge tiger fan

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Amazing weekend by Thomas, incredible golf played

He's playing well, but it's a similar story, he never quite has it when he really needs it

I think today was pretty much a microcosm of his career.

He was good, but someone else was better when it mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Do they really need to spend most of the interview talking about Tiger? He just won the players ffs

And I say that as a huge tiger fan

Yep, no need for it at all.

What a test of golf Sawgrass is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Sawgrass might have overtook Augusta for my bucket list round of golf.

I think today was pretty much a microcosm of his career.

He was good, but someone else was better when it mattered.

He shoots 70, he wins. He knew going out anything in the 60s and no one else really has a chance.

I know you're being kind, but it's not merely a case of someone else being better (although it always obviously is).

With his game, the length of his career, he's up there with Monty in the not having a major not being solely down to luck group.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

A lot easier to get a tee time, just need the $$$$$.

With his game, the length of his career, he's up there with Monty in the not having a major not being solely down to luck group.

100%. He's had his chances, and a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

You'll revert back now in a months time

• Advertisement

Think I'd agree with this..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,510 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's always been no.1 for me, Augusta next.

Dav010 wrote: »
    A lot easier to get a tee time, just need the $$$$$.

Quick google tells me it would cost approx $500, but yea openly available where Augusta is a different story obviously

Mushy wrote: »
    You'll revert back now in a months time

Ha, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lip Out

Sawgrass is great and all but choosing to play it over Augusta.... absolutely not.

You can play Sawgrass whenever you like anyway.. couple of hundred and away you go.

Lip Out wrote: »
    Sawgrass is great and all but choosing to play it over Augusta.... absolutely not.

You can play Sawgrass whenever you like anyway.. couple of hundred and away you go.

You're probably right but something about Sawgrass this week, it just looked immaculate! The 17th is obviously an attraction too and without looking into it too much it would probably be a better holiday going to Florida than Georgia!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lip Out

You're probably right but something about Sawgrass this week, it just looked immaculate! The 17th is obviously an attraction too and without looking into it too much it would probably be a better holiday going to Florida than Georgia!

Yeah that's true. Got 2 greenfees for Sawgrass for a friend as a wedding gift a few years ago (a lot cheaper then... around $150) and he still raves about it to this day. He said they limit how many shots you can hit to the 17th green... lads would probably have a tin cup moment and empty their bags trying to get one on the dancefloor :D

Yeah that's true. Got 2 greenfees for Sawgrass for a friend as a wedding gift a few years ago (a lot cheaper then... around $150) and he still raves about it to this day. He said they limit how many shots you can hit to the 17th green... lads would probably have a tin cup moment and empty their bags trying to get one on the dancefloor :D

Hell of a wedding present! Certainly beats a toaster hands down! Yea you would definitely have to empty the bag on that hole, probably a once in a lifetime thing! Wonder what the limit is. But fair enough I suppose or there would be a serious log jam on that hole all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I remember one of the commentators last year saying that they drag the lake around the 17th several times every year and they generally find about four times the number of balls than there are rounds played.
    I’ve never played Sawgrass but a friend who did said that there was a huge holdup at the 17th while players in front were teeing it up as many times as it took to get one on the green. There was a drop zone much closer to the green but nobody was availing of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I would think that if there is one hole in golf most of us want to play, its probably going to be 17 at Sawgrass.
    But to have it as a bucket list course ahead to Augusta.... not a hope.

this talk reminds me of Angelos 66 at Sawgrass. for those of you who may not have heard of him before, here you go.

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/angelo-spagnolo-tpc-sawgrass-1986-worst-avid-golfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There are 7 or 8 holes at Augusta alone I'd choose to play before the 17th at Sawgrass. There are multiple holes at Sawgrass I'd choose ahead of it too.

Advertisement