Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Wombatman wrote: »

DJ picked up his ball before Na had conceded the putt.

Commentators said it prob wasn't the first time it had happened and tbf to Na, although it was within the rules for him to claim the hole (Kuchar v Garcia a few years ago) he had a word instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The postman has turned up at the wrong address today it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The postman has turned up at the wrong address today it seems

Scheffler put some serious hurt on him, especially that chip in after Poulter holed a bomb!

Scheffler put some serious hurt on him, especially that chip in after Poulter holed a bomb!

To be fair to Poulter he's holed his fair share of 20 footers. Scheffler is just too good today.

Shame we (presumably) won't get a Rahm/Poulter quarter final

7 birds in a row for Harman, from 4 down to 2 up.

• Advertisement

7 birds in a row for Harman, from 4 down to 2 up.

Think it's 8 in a row now!

Scheffler had 7 birdies in 14 holes too, great showing from him

Really hope Spieth knocks Kuchar out, not just for financial reasons but I think for obvious reasons I have really soured on Kuchar over the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Unbelievable

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Been impressed with Sergio and Pèrez, Pèrez looks more than capable of playing at this level, big possibility for the Ryder cup team.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

Is it just me, or do other people cringe every time they see Matt Kuchar and hope that he makes a mess of every shot he plays - the stingy so-and-so? Just asking ...

• Advertisement

Looks like Kuchar will pip Spieth

Ugh

Ugh indeed, Spieth poor with the putter, should've won.

Overall not a great last 16 in terms of excitement, hopefully we see a few tight games in the quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

We're all begging for a Sergio Vs Kuchar final aren't we ? The drama after their altercation a few years ago would be fantastic! :D

Rahm is a very difficult fella to like

Would like to see Pèrez go and win it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

Would like to see Pèrez go and win it.

As long as it's not Kuchar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Rahm is a very difficult fella to like

It's hard not to see a big spoiled child when you look at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,005 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's hard not to see a big spoiled child when you look at him.

Of course he’s spoiled, most of them are.
    Very few have come from poor backgrounds with the exception of Gary Player and maybe a few others. It costs a lot of money to become a professional golfer.

That was shocking from Horschel, like watching myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

That was shocking from Horschel, like watching myself!

Was nice to see, and hopefully I'll be seeing it very soon again ;)

Big fan of this course, plenty penalty areas and some great short Par 4s. Exciting to watch.

It'd be interesting to see a strokeplay event there at some stage.

Billy Horschel said at the start of the week that he really wanted to play Ryder Cup and this tournament was his chance to show the captain what he could do. He should have his spot pretty much guaranteed now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

That's a mad rule where Scotty went into the hazard on 13 and had to drop way back. Kuchar was beside the green but had to play first because Scheffler was in the hazard?????

• Registered Users Posts: 38,510 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rikand wrote:
    Billy Horschel said at the start of the week that he really wanted to play Ryder Cup and this tournament was his chance to show the captain what he could do. He should have his spot pretty much guaranteed now
    As far as having a good record in this tournament is concerned, it makes very little difference as regards the Ryder Cup. There's lots who've reached and won finals in this who don't have good Ryder Cup records.
    The last five American/European winners of this are Kisner, Bubba, DJ, Rory and Kuchar.
    I certainly wouldn't be looking at this for any clues as to how somebody would do in the Ryder Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Big fan of this course, plenty penalty areas and some great short Par 4s. Exciting to watch.

It'd be interesting to see a strokeplay event there at some stage.

Great course for matchplay. Might lose some of its allure if the players were able to go to 20+ under in a regular tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

That's a mad rule where Scotty went into the hazard on 13 and had to drop way back. Kuchar was beside the green but had to play first because Scheffler was in the hazard?????

I assume that the ball in the penalty area was deemed to be closer to the hole than the other ball. A ball in a penalty area is still in play until the player decides to take a penalty drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Andrew coltart was asked who will win the tournament yesterday and he went through about 10 players, before he replied Jon Rahm, he was asked who will win the final just now, and he said this kid Scottie Scheffler, I liked him all week, and I'm sticking with him. What a plank

• Registered Users Posts: 52,005 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Those American golf fans make me laugh.
    Taking photos of a golfball lying in the rough.

• Advertisement

Andrew coltart was asked who will win the tournament yesterday and he went through about 10 players, before he replied Jon Rahm, he was asked who will win the final just now, and he said this kid Scottie Scheffler, I liked him all week, and I'm sticking with him. What a plank

He's the ultimate cop out merchant.

Advertisement