Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

eagle eye wrote: »
    As far as having a good record in this tournament is concerned, it makes very little difference as regards the Ryder Cup. There's lots who've reached and won finals in this who don't have good Ryder Cup records.
    The last five American/European winners of this are Kisner, Bubba, DJ, Rory and Kuchar.
    I certainly wouldn't be looking at this for any clues as to how somebody would do in the Ryder Cup.

Ah sure you might as well pick names out of a hat so in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 52,005 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This letting go of the club after a bad shot is really catching on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I think it could be lockdown but so many golfers are doing my head in these days.

Just seems to be a (as they would say in the Covid thread) "exponential growth" of douchebags lately.

As for the pace of play earlier. - Unreal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Why do they bother with the 3rd/4th playoff match. Couldn’t they just deem the losing semifinalists to be tied 3rd?
    Is it just to fill TV time with some action?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

GMac in contention in The Corales Championship. Its on The Golf Channel for those of you that might have access to it

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Why do they bother with the 3rd/4th playoff match. Couldn’t they just deem the losing semifinalists to be tied 3rd?
    Is it just to fill TV time with some action?

Money and World Ranking Points along with TV I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

2 days of looking at Billy Horschel has made me crave a pint now more than ever!!!! Painful at times....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

This tournament has died on its feet. I don’t care who wins it. I think I’d prefer to watch paint drying!

2 days of looking at Billy Horschel has made me crave a pint now more than ever!!!! Painful at times....

He is unbelievably focused.

But the mad thing is - you catch lads like that at a weekend medal in Ireland sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    GMac in contention in The Corales Championship. Its on The Golf Channel for those of you that might have access to it

Bogeyed the last two unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    This tournament has died on its feet. I don’t care who wins it. I think I’d prefer to watch paint drying!

Scheffler acting the feck now....I'm going to bed!!!ha

But the mad thing is - you catch lads like that at a weekend medal in Ireland sometimes.

Don't talk to me about them lads....although I'd do 72 holes straight with 1 of them in a gael just to get out on a course in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

It's mad the commentators keep going on about it like he's working on his swing.

But it's just his routine, he's been doing it for years!

It's mad the commentators keep going on about it like he's working on his swing.

But it's just his routine, he's been doing it for years!

Ya McGinley was talking about him on Friday about how he now has this new routine to help him open up his body more! For as long I've been looking at him he has done this....maybe not taking as long over each stroke as he has done the last 2 days however!!

I know cannabis is big in America now - but is this crowd drunk or stoned ?

Very strange talk - and behavior ?

Grand - for the odd event that you know that is what it is about.

But - some clowns at this. Even at final - and it is serious enough event.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,005 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Scheffler is doing my head in. So slow. Should have been warned about slow play.

Scheffler is doing my head in. So slow. Should have been warned about slow play.

I think he has lost the plot a little bit to be honest....not sure if the behaviour of the crowd has gotten to him but he is not normally like this...

I think he has lost the plot a little bit to be honest....not sure if the behaviour of the crowd has gotten to him but he is not normally like this...

Must be a good bit of drinking in these tents around the place - and fair play to them - but the tents are overlooking the course - just the talking is doing my head in.

I get changing the game and all the stuff - but this is taking the piss - playing for a WGC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Scheffler Driving has been poor

Must be a good bit of drinking in these tents around the place - and fair play to them - but the tents are overlooking the course - just the talking is doing my head in.

I get changing the game and all the stuff - but this is taking the piss - playing for a WGC.

Ya I'm not sure if its because the crowd is smaller so general conversation between spectators becomes more audible or are they actually been that loud.!! I think its the latter as both players have given glances towards the gallery on more than 1 occasion...Billy has asked a cameramen to move twice on this back 9 already so maybe there're all gone mad...

• Advertisement

Ya I'm not sure if its because the crowd is smaller so general conversation between spectators becomes more audible or are they actually been that loud.!! I think its the latter as both players have given glances towards the gallery on more than 1 occasion...Billy has asked a cameramen to move twice on this back 9 already so maybe there're all gone mad...

Never imagined I'd say this.

Bring back no fans :D

Only thing - they will not put up with this **** with the patrons.

OK heading to bed -

I think these two lads took the clocks moving forward a bit too literal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Shocking miss

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

It's a bit of a cliche but today hasn't been a great advert for golf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Billy must like putting from 4 feet. He's been clutch with them but he leaves himself with so many.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Crowd really are a bunch of ****ing bellends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

2 woeful tee shots

Come on Scottie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Horschel wins 2&1 in a forgettable final. Scheffler saved his worst performance for the biggest game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Grand way to pass the weekend but the only things I'll really remember are Sergio's hole in one and Horschel's duff from the middle of the fairway.

Roll on the Masters.

Advertisement