Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Two shot win. Great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Superb, delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

He's certainly the form player heading to Augusta, and course form is pretty decent

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Very poor field, relatively speaking, for the Texas Open. I think Tony Fineau is the highest ranked player in the field with nobody from the top 10 and only a handful of the top 50. They must be all saving their energy for the Masters.
    I don’t think that the sponsors will be amused.

It was very enjoyable to watch and with Spieth winning I think the sponsors will be happy enough :D

It'll be interesting to see if Cink can win tonight

Hopefully he does although his putting stroke makes me very uncomfortable. It looks like he's struggling to bring the putter back. That being said he's barely missed a putt all week from what I've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It'll be interesting to see if Cink can win tonight

Hopefully he does although his putting stroke makes me very uncomfortable. It looks like he's struggling to bring the putter back. That being said he's barely missed a putt all week from what I've seen.

It would be a monumental collapse but I fancy Morikawa to go low so could be interesting.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Cink cruised that, been a while since I've seen such a comfortable final round for a leader, shame nobody made a run at him, Morikawa in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭paulos53

Hole in one for McDowell. Nice for his partner with the format being foursomes

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1385693770180612100

It was a good finish to that Zurich thing last night. Gutted for the south Africans. Louis really **** the bed with his tee shot in the playoff. But the ozzies were steeped to make birdie on 16.
    I think I might grow a mullet....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,513 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Couldn't ever really get into it the weekend. I was looking forward to it but it didn't live up to my expectations.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Couldn't ever really get into it the weekend. I was looking forward to it but it didn't live up to my expectations.

The way they were ****ting themselves in the foursomes down the back 9 was brilliant TV. You could really see it that nobody wanted to mess up for their partner and the last group was like real ryder cup matchplay stuff. It was great to watch!

Good to see Sam Burns get a win, thought he was a bit unlucky not to win the Genesis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Good to see Sam Burns get a win, thought he was a bit unlucky not to win the Genesis

Looked the real deal on the back nine too, first of many one would imagine. Nice interview after with the whole family too.

Already married 18 months at 24, perfect slice of Americana!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,513 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Looked the real deal on the back nine too, first of many one would imagine. Nice interview after with the whole family too.
    Gotta agree, looks like a guy that'll win lots.

That putt on the 7th from Mitchell is one of the worst I've ever seen by a pro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

That putt on the 7th from Mitchell is one of the worst I've ever seen by a pro

I have seen Rory do as bad when his putter was stone

Between Rory and Woodland now you must think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’d be surprised if Rory doesn’t win now. Not much on that leaderboard to fear

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I’d be surprised if Rory doesn’t win now. Not much on that leaderboard to fear

I was going to say Woodland, but since he knocked in that putt it'd seem like captain obvious!

Mitchell has blown up

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ancer almost holes it on par 3 17th. Be a tight finish here, Mitchell done well to stick in there

• Advertisement

Mitchell has blown up

Hard to believe he's still in it as he seems to have been hitting poor shots all day. Fair play to him. I like his swing.

Hard to believe he's still in it as he seems to have been hitting poor shots all day. Fair play to him. I like his swing.

Yep he’s back in it. Thought his head was gone

Looks like it will go down to the wire.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Woodland has been fairly dreadful since he won the US Open, I thought he'd kick on after that. Very poor back nine from him today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Woodland has been fairly dreadful since he won the US Open, I thought he'd kick on after that. Very poor back nine from him today.

He’s been injured most of that time in fairness to him.

tobsey wrote: »
    He’s been injured most of that time in fairness to him.

True and I don't think the weight loss helped much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Rahm's swear jar will be worth more than his Callaway contract the way he is going.

Mad that Bryson flew home then back cos he thought miss the cut !

Mad that Bryson flew home then back cos he thought miss the cut !

And chalks up a top 10!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Nice to see two Irish lads near the top of the leaderboard at the Byron Nelson.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement