Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

There is one hole with a mini stand beside it and it's far more annoying than the other holes of silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭wildrover444

Lovely front 9 from Rory, hopefully he continues with the back 9

Spoke too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Great drive by Bryson at the first but just hit an awful putt for birdie which ended in bogey.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

From twitter;

Hearing Danny Lee had a bit of a meltdown on 18. Like, full whack-a-mole. Marshals said they had to figure out in pro shop how many times he putted before it went in. App says he took a 9. Gotta think it’ll be on TV soon.

If anyone can post the videos of it latter I’m sure all of us will enjoy it

Matt wolf looking very dangerous.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Matt wolf looking very dangerous.

-4 thru 7 ... serious shooting

Reed’s putting has been outrageous. Huge difference between him and Hideki and yet Hideki is still at the top of the leaderboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

How, with no crowd, have we got an annoying crowd?

AdamD wrote: »
    How, with no crowd, have we got an annoying crowd?

Seems to be a few idiots living locally

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Wow wheels coming off for Reed:eek:

• Advertisement

Bryson is particularly annoying tonight. Constant chatter after every shot. Never his fault.

Don’t you just hate to see that!! Poor Patrick degreening a putt :)

Wolff in a very good position. Although hard to imagine what sort of lead would be comfortable on that course when the pressure is on.

It should take a bit of the pressure of Rory too who could post a score in the clubhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

For some reason I don't fancy Wolff at all, reckon it'll be Schauffele or Louis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

DeChambeau is horrible to watch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bamayang

They should outlaw that **** of having the black marker line on the golf ball. Bryson lining up the ball and the club about 6 times moving and roaring the ball before hitting it on 17 there.
    Wolff actually marked and replaced the ball after being left with a 12 inch putt. Jesus Christ it’s irritating to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Delighted for Patrick Reed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

Reed with a shocking back 9 looks out of it now.. Bryson overthinking on the 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

8 over on the back 9 for Reed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

El Sueño wrote: »
    For some reason I don't fancy Wolff at all, reckon it'll be Schauffele or Louis.

He’ll have this under wraps by the 10th hole.
    Holing putts is the difference this wk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

CMcsporty wrote: »

He hasn’t been holing putts that well though. Hitting it close from the rough was key today. He said himself he got good lies and made the most of it. I’m convinced that won’t last. If he hits two fairways tomorrow he shoots 77. Reed was missing everything but getting up and down and got found out on the back nine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

CMcsporty wrote: »

This is the fella who shot -4 in the first round and was +5 after 11 in round 2.

It’s not over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Augme

Having DeChambeau dishing out his running commentary all day long won't help Wolff either. A huge amount of pressure and having a final round lead on this golf course ain't going to help with the nerves. It his to lose, I don't think that will help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Augme wrote: »
    Having DeChambeau dishing out his running commentary all day long won't help Wolff either. A huge amount of pressure and having a final round lead on this golf course ain't going to help with the nerves. It his to lose, I don't think that will help him.

Don't think it did Reed any favours today. Bryson is the player to beat tomorrow I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

fullstop wrote: »
    This is the fella who shot -4 in the first round and was +5 after 11 in round 2.

It’s not over.

Look at how everyone else played R2 yest!

Of course it’s not over!
    I’m half joking
    He’s played the front 9 in -2 R1, +3 R2, -5 R3

He plays it Even or +1 he will be in a very strong position.
    This guy is the real deal. Great attitude

Augme wrote: »

Wolf seems quite confident and a lad who like to talk, so i think he'd effect Bryson more then the other way around.

BUt its also possible pro golfers chat doesnt effect each other (and most likely)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,274 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wolff won six tournaments whole in college. When you consider that he was playing against Morikawa, Hovland and Brandon Wu that's seriously impressive.
    His win on your showed he is a killer when it matters with an eagle on the 18th to win it.
    What he did today that you don't see many players do is put every putt bar one I think past the hole, in other words he gave himself a chance of holing the putt on 17 greens.
    His driving is the key tomorrow, if he hits a lot of fairways tomorrow he'll win it I think.
    The one thing that could catch him and DeChambeau out tomorrow is if they start playing against each other like matchplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,274 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Was delighted to see Reed fall away. I despise cheats.
    He had a lot if luck this week and once it ran out he was done.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Was delighted to see Reed fall away. I despise cheats.
    He had a lot if luck this week and once it ran out he was done.

You must hate most sports people so!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

You must hate most sports people so!
    Well this is certainly questionable...

Advertisement