Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

They are two holes behind ffs. So slow.

Some par save though and a well deserved champ. But he is just painful to listen to, incredibly slow and can be a complete arse at times

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

Will be even harder to listen to now, going to take a huge collapse from here to not win. Unreal performance though no doubt he will deserve it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

That’s that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Golf is getting unwatchable for me.

So slow and pointless repetitive filler when there are players on the course and we are seeing no shots at all.

Dechambeau making a mockery of the conditions, great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Did i have a post deleted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Have they showed Hovland at all? He's T6!

Some performance from Bryson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Great final round with all that's happening around him but my God I find him insufferable and just that anti-image of a golfer...yet hes winning..

Funnily enough this has turned out almost the exact same way as the final round of the Rocket Mortgage Classic, Wolff leading going in only to lose by a few to Bryson.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

If this is 'the future of golf' then I won't be watching any more of it.

Do the GA/PGA/R&A really think that watching pumped up young body builders consulting yardage books while standing over a six foot putt is entertaining?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

If this is 'the future of golf' then I won't be watching any more of it.

Do the GA/PGA/R&A really think that watching pumped up young body builders consulting yardage books while standing over a six foot putt is entertaining?

agreed, but disappointing that no one out of so many talented young players managed to even make him sweat for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,437 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

The Green Book has to go. Infuriating watching Bryson and his caddy talk about a 10 foot putt for 2 mins when he’s 4 or 5 ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

I like him, i like his scientific approach, I like his long game, I like his short game touch and his putting...
    I like the fact he just says what hes thinking as that's just his analytic mind working overtime..

He dared to change the game with the one length irons and then the funny putting stroke and now with the strength game... top class...

Go Bryson...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Gotta give him credit as much as I dislike him, a hugely deserved and impressive win.

Such a shame the USGA/R&A caved by not banning those green books.

HighLine wrote: »
    Gotta give him credit as much as I dislike him, a hugely deserved and impressive win.

Such a shame the USGA/R&A caved by not banning those green books.

Dosent matter, they all had them so field was the same...

Different class..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭Augme

He's clearly very slow but his style is fascinating. I do feel the tv producers need to shoulder a good portion of the blame though in terms of killing the entertainment. When there was plenty of other players on the course I have no idea why they felt the need to constantly show Byrson consulting his notebook, standing over a shot for ages etc. Don't really understand why they didn't just cut to him when he was going to play his shot instead of insisting on show the long, drawn out build up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Dosent matter, they all had them so field was the same...

Different class..

Never said otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

The only player to break par today,not everyones cup of tea but some achievment, Masters next?

Do they really need the cameras there when he's talking to his parents? Surely that should be private, I remember it was the same when Willett won the Masters

Augme wrote: »
    He's clearly very slow but his style is fascinating. I do feel the tv producers need to shoulder a good portion of the blame though in terms of killing the entertainment. When there was plenty of other players on the course I have no idea why they felt the need to constantly show Byrson consulting his notebook, standing over a shot for ages etc. Don't really understand why they didn't just cut to him when he was going to play his shot instead of insisting on show the long, drawn out build up.

Agree... loads of good golf they could have shown instead of making a reality TV show out of Bryson... Pity because I believe he is oblivious to it all and is a top class golfer...

People keep beating that term into the ground. I'm not buying it. A man who is meticulous over small details, yes.

His attitude on the course leaves a lot to be desired. I'll be tuning out if greeted by repeated shots of him arguing with rules officials and labouring for an age over short putts.

It will be a demerit to golf if kids seek to emulate his power game, moreover his lofty air of entitlement.

That's the TV trying to get air time with a camera stuck in his face. Plenty of golfers throughout history a lot nastier and moodier then him.

Actually think he's a decent guy off the course its just that he's so determined to change the game and good luck to him.

As far as the kids watching him, there are far worse off role models then him out there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

I dont get at all the hate here and across social media for Bryson tonight. Whats the big deal? Just because hes a big lad and smashes it? So what? He believes in something different and has done well with it tonight. Not many thought he could dont forget. He may be not everyone's cup of tea, but he deserves credit. I like that hes different. Great performance. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

El Sueño wrote: »
    Do they really need the cameras there when he's talking to his parents? Surely that should be private, I remember it was the same when Willett won the Masters

If they want the call to be private do it in the locker room.

He was very impressive this evening. Good luck to him but his attitude and slow play do my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I like Bryson he’s definitely far too slow but it’s up to the governing bodies to sort that side out but I enjoy his actual play and his running commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 38,493 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If you asked me to pick two players that I don't want to win you get an automatic answer, 1. Patrick Reed 2. Bryson DeChambeau.
    If you asked me for three I'd struggle to think of a third.
    Reed is a cheat, DeChambeau is unmannerly, thumps his clubs off the ground with temper on occasion, even on the green, and is so slow.
    When DeChambeau came along I liked him because he was different but not anymore for the reasons mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

eagle eye wrote: »
    Reed is a chest

He is a big-boned lad alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,493 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He is a big-boned lad alright...

Lol, he certainly is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lol, he certainly is :D

Actually isn't, i followed him round portrush (golf course, wasn't stalking him) and he's actually quite slight, the camera truly adds 20lbs. A lot of the other guys who you think are fairly well put together, the likes of stenson (particularly stood out) are bean poles, not a pick on them. Shane was, well, ahem, who cares, the champion!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Agree... loads of good golf they could have shown instead of making a reality TV show out of Bryson... Pity because I believe he is oblivious to it all and is a top class golfer...

If there had been more guys in contention then yes, as was, did we really care if dj made a par on 16 or whatever, i didnt, but then he's not on my fantasy teams, neither was bryson!
    The PGA was different class in terms of pure drama, lead changing and guys who could have won. This was very different, only 2 really had a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Lots of people in the PGA going to be bricking themselves tonight! If he can win (easily!) at Winged Foot, with tight (25 yard wide) fairways, horrifically deep rough, massively undulating, rock-hard greens and terrible pin-placements, he can win ANYWHERE, with his "method"!

Can't believe he was never warned or put on the clock tonight. He seemed to be playing unbelievably slowly, almost "f*ck you" slowly!

If he can take Winged Foot apart, he will DESTROY Augusta! Can the PGA Bryson-proof it in time for The Masters??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Denny61

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Lots of people in the PGA going to be bricking themselves tonight! If he can win (easily!) at Winged Foot, with tight (25 yard wide) fairways, horrifically deep rough, massively undulating, rock-hard greens and terrible pin-placements, he can win ANYWHERE, with his "method"!

Can't believe he was never warned or put on the clock tonight. He seemed to be playing unbelievably slowly, almost "f*ck you" slowly!

If he can take Winged Foot apart, he will DESTROY Augusta! Can the PGA Bryson-proof it in time for The Masters??

BRICKING..HORRIFICALLY..F**K DESTROY..Jesus golf really excites you..take a chill pill mate lol.

Advertisement