Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Pro 11 vs 12.9

Options
  • 27-08-2020 9:23am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Upgrading from a 5th gen iPad. Was set to pull the trigger for the 11' version but the more and more reviews I read the more I am torn.

I dont need a laptop replacement. Other than the bigger screen doenst appear to be much of a difference between the two.

ANy one here use both and what would you recommenced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

godtabh wrote: »
    Upgrading from a 5th gen iPad. Was set to pull the trigger for the 11' version but the more and more reviews I read the more I am torn.

I dont need a laptop replacement. Other than the bigger screen doenst appear to be much of a difference between the two.

ANy one here use both and what would you recommenced?

Have you used the large iPad for any length of time. I find them heavy and awkward. I’d really need a good reason to opt for one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

haven't used either of the pros

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I had the 11” for a year.
    Sold it to buy a 12.9.

Massive difference as I use mine for measured surveys and displaying drawings to clients for extensions etc.

What’s your use case?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I’d something similar. Reviewing drawings (cad or pdf) at meetings etc. Have a laptop of
    Similar size so thinking the 11

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Got a 12.9 and I use it for work. Very handy to have the real estate for multi tasking, have webex on one side, and can have hours tracking or email on the other. I could do it in the 11 too, it was just a bit more awkward.

• Advertisement

I’m torn between the 11/AirPod pros and the 12.9/standard AirPods

Bought the Apple IPad Pro 11/AirPods Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

godtabh wrote: »
    Bought the Apple IPad Pro 11/AirPods Pro

Its a great machine and you will have a great experience with it and the AirPods Pro. Enjoy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

How are you finding it? Looking at getting an iPad Pro in the next few months.

Advertisement