Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New home, Which smart system

• 27-08-2020 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So at the moment we've just moved into our house and we currently have no smart assistant.
    Our only smart device is a fire stick which we use for our IPTV service. We have a chrome cast but we haven't set that up.

I have a couple of requirements
    One is a mesh wifi system so that has me leaning to a google system as their mesh system has assistant built in. A couple of things are stopping me. One is I like the echo dot with time display for my nightstand and also for surround sound from the TV

I guess I could still just get one for my room but as I'd want an internet point in the room it wouldn't make sense to add an echo dot and a google point.
    Other things would be control lights, control heating (Still no thermostat either) and motion sensors/alarm.

Which one is best equipped for it.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement