Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heating issue

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭John.G

CoBo55 wrote: »
    They always do strange things when the water is low. Moved a rad in my own house on Wednesday, the air always gathers in one radiator upstairs and the centre core (it's a sealed system) it always needs to sit overnight to get the last few bubbles out and the pressure to stabilise.

I have a open system with a combined vent & cold feed, one rad is located in a converted attic bedroom and is only ~ a foot or so below the water level in the F&E tank and I don't think I have ever got a drop of water out of its vent in 30 years but heats up perfectly so why worry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

It's an orkli 2 port valve. It seems either all rads on or when flicked just the upstairs is heated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭John.G

I suppose what you really want is a 3 zoned system with 2 port valves so you can select any required combination of upstairs/downstairs/hot water cylinder(requires thermostat), maybe the Drayton system will achieve all this for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Thanks John for all the help. Class act!!

Advertisement