Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autocorrect error = Anti-Semitism Now

Options
  • 27-08-2020 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

So Iv received an infraction and thread ban which was all down to auto correct or spelling on my phone. "Jaw" so happened to be spelled "Jew". In the context of this video, where in God's given name does the Jewish faith have any relevance? If mike_ie bothered to look at the clip without bias he'll see her Jaw swing and click. THAT'S the reference to spelling error. She's Catholic btw as am I so again Im failing to see the connection between the context of the video and "Jews". Look at my history and i guatrenee you will not see on Anti semetic post. FACT

Originally Posted by 1800_Ladladlad View Post
    This is creepy. That jew click tho.

https://twitter.com/RandyRRQuaid/sta...25733682860032

How convenient this post was the mod to card/thread ban me. No doubt the pressure mob mass reported it knowing too well how he would react, so they would have their echo chamber.

This is not the first time Mike_ie has done it to me. Iv seen it done to others users too. They are clearly showing their bias on political issues and its obvious its effects their ability to mod. Iv questioned the moderator before and pointed out his inability to mod from a objective point of view rather the subjective. This mod injects his own opinions and displays his own biases as fact and it shows through their moding, his opinions are the same when commenting as a regular poster.

Iv wasted my time with this mod before. So Im putting this up for dispute and not wasting time such a petulant and minor reason for an infraction

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are you appealing the card or not. If you are have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod

If the answer to both questions is yes I'll move this to the Dispute Resolution forum where the card can be appealed

If you are not appealing the card but are appealing the threadban, again you need to attempt to resolve this directly with the mod before starting a thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

There's a world of difference between complaining that somebody didn't infer the correct meaning from your words, and typing the wrong word (for whatever reason) and then complaining that somebody didn't infer the right meaning from your wrong meaning. And judging by other responses to your post in the thread, I am not alone in that. If it's genuinely a typo then I have no issue with overturning the card and threadban if contacted and given the explanation above, but seriously, take some ownership of your own words, including the mistakes you make when typing them.

The fact is, you haven't made a singular effort to contact me about your mistake, but instead came straight to feedback.

With respect to my 'bias', and accusation that:
    This mod injects his own opinions and displays his own biases as fact and it shows through their moding, his opinions are the same when commenting as a regular poster.

...considering I don't believe I've ever posted in CA/IMHO as a regular poster for precisely this reason, I find that hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

mike_ie wrote: »
    There's a world of difference between complaining that somebody didn't infer the correct meaning from your words, and typing the wrong word (for whatever reason) and then complaining that somebody didn't infer the right meaning from your wrong meaning. And judging by other responses to your post in the thread, I am not alone in that. If it's genuinely a typo then I have no issue with overturning the card and threadban if contacted and given the explanation above, but seriously, take some ownership of your own words, including the mistakes you make when typing them.

The fact is, you haven't made a singular effort to contact me about your mistake, but instead came straight to feedback.

With respect to my 'bias', and accusation that:

...considering I don't believe I've ever posted in CA/IMHO as a regular poster for precisely this reason, I find that hard to believe.

With all respects, I find it ironic you requesting for me to take some ownership. Iv contacted you in the past regarding a card like this, more than once, and got nothing from you!! That was an autocorrect error on my phone. Tell me who hasn't fat-fingered their screen or had autocorrect. It just so happens it was posted as Jew and the mob jumped on it, as they know how to do whenever they see an opportunity to get someone thread banned. Calling Pelosi a Jew is as stupid as calling Trump and Muslim. What bloody sense does that make?:confused:

As stated, I don't doubt the amount reports you got but I would have thought reason would have been applied here. I was only notified of the error in your Pm. By that time I couldn't fix and clarify the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

With all respects, I find it ironic you requesting for me to take some ownership. Iv contacted you in the past regarding a card like this, more than once, and got nothing from you!!

We both know that's not true. I checked to see if I'd missed anything, and without going into detail, the two PMs you've sent me were 1) demanding an explanation why a thread was closed and b) stating that you were "calling <poster's name> out on her shít". If I receive a PM that carries a modicum of common decency, I reply to it. If it's a rant about moderation, well...

I have undone your threadban and lifted the card on your account just now. Which incidentally, I most likely would have done had you PM'd me with the same request.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement