Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further Education Qualification: making it as versatile as possible?

Options
  • 27-08-2020 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi, currently enrolled in postgrad in teaching in further education. I've work experience sorted for teaching art in a PLC college for this year and have a conditional teaching council number.

I was just wondering how could I pump up my Further Education qualification to make me as versatile and useful to a school as possible? Are there certain subjects outside of art level 5 that I should volunteer myself for?

I have a BA and MA in Art. While I have a practical art background, I'm comfortable working in ICT, media, graphic design and academic writing. I worked in a language school for 4 years doing every job available and ended up designing courseware materials for students. I really enjoyed it and would like to work in the development of blended learning courses and education technology - but directly with students in a school environment, if possible.

Any info or guidance greatly appreciated.

Advertisement