Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eddie rockets standard burger, chips drink €5.89 on tuesday 1st sept

• 27-08-2020 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

118678933_10158403739953476_8612211160064131002_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=KxI_gIyR3TgAX_zyR_F&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=2fb557d64c5fa8ed3a5e7751d299c3ec&oe=5F6F0B80

to save some time

shite deal
    eddies is a ripoff,
    would want to be half that price,
    their burgers are tiny nowadays,
    I'd sooner go to mcdonalds
    blah blah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This will probably make the news with social distancing, if it goes the way half price fish & chip day goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

will it apply to their franchise outlets I wonder or just the ones owned by themselves?

do you have to book Eddie Rocket's these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

glasso wrote: »
    do you have to book Eddie Rocket's these days?

good question, if following official guidelines they should be, it not just for pubs. A previous offer was eat in only, but not this time.

edit: found it

to celebrate the reopening of schools, we're rewarding all the adults of Ireland on Tuesday 1st of September with a classic hamburger, regular fries & a regular soda for only €5.89.

Eat-in or click & collect by downloading the New Eddie Rocket's online ordering & loyalty app.

T&C's: Valid Tuesday 1st September 2020 only.Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Meal includes classic hamburger, regular fries & any regular soda, no alternatives. Available for eat-in or click & collect exclusively via the Eddie Rocket's app only. Not available for delivery. Limited to ×4 meals per person. Available in participating diners, while stocks last.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

Eddies really doesn't really stand out from other fast food places.

I know their malts used to be great but haven't had any in a while.

Chips you make at home are just as nice and their burgers are forgettable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

I was in there the other day. My wife decided to try the ‘Eddies house slaw’ at €2.45. She asked if I’d like one as well and when I said I’d share hers she said no, we’ll get two.

Just as well. It arrived in a plastic sauce dip container.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

My eldest kid prefers Eddies, so had it I think twice once they re-opened. I have to say, I was impressed with their online ordering and collection process (at least in my local outlet).

Food was spot on with generous portions and packaged in some extra think takeaway boxes so it stayed warm. Seemed reasonably priced. Could not fault it at all.

Personally I'd be avoiding the place on Sept. 1st because there will naturally be delays if it's busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

rubadub wrote: »
    Limited to ×4 meals per person. Available in participating diners, while stocks last. [/B]

You'd want to be a hungry person to eat 4 meals by yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Del2005 wrote: »
    You'd want to be a hungry person to eat 4 meals by yourself.

Its good to see limits, otherwise 1 lad could go collect 30 of them for the building site or big office. In the past some places use the excuse of running out of food.

The most laughable was a pizza place near me that was doing 2euro medium pizzas, this was a fancy place so all fresh dough. I think by noon or so they had "sold out" of the medium pizzas, but still had large ones on sale at full price!!

If they want to say 100 or 200 will be sold at 2euro then fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Eddies is gone downhill

Had a burger there lately and very watery or something.

Too pricey for what it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Wow the OP really had these comments down!

Are any open for eat in, I thought they were only delivery and collect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

They had a similar deal a few months ago and I went to the walkinstown one. It definitely wasn't worth it, places was wedged, queuing for almost an hour. Staff were run off their feet and service took ages too. Wasn't worth it to save a tenner imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cienciano wrote: »
    They had a similar deal a few months ago and I went to the walkinstown one. It definitely wasn't worth it, places was wedged, queuing for almost an hour. Staff were run off their feet and service took ages too. Wasn't worth it to save a tenner imho

yeah Id say it will be wedged next Tuesday with queues of people outside it. They could end up on the six o'clock news if they're not careful here

That aside I just cant eat a burger without cheese and their T&Cs are saying 'No alternatives'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah Id say it will be wedged next Tuesday with queues of people outside it. They could end up on the six o'clock news if they're not careful here

That aside I just cant eat a burger without cheese and their T&Cs are saying 'No alternatives'.

Bring an easi single in your pocket.

Obligatory dig: That yellow stuff they use couldn’t be called cheese anyway so no difference.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Bring an easi single in your pocket.

Obligatory dig: That yellow stuff they use couldn’t be called cheese anyway so no difference.

Actually that's a point - those of us old enough will remember when they put grated cheese on their burgers. And I'm convinced the quality of the mince was greater in the past - I find (though not a lot) more grizzle in the meat than a few years ago.

Word of warning re. Eddies new menu (https://www.eddierockets.ie/our-food/) - the classic is still (I THINK from eating it last week) the original 5ox (they don't say "a third of a pound" anywhere anymore...).

But they have new deluxe "double burgers" - that are "Two 3oz patties", so don't make the mistake of thinking they are the old classic "double take".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

have the burgers shrank? I remember eating them years ago and they were an almighty mess to eat and you would be nearly struggling to finish one. Now not so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Almost sure they still do grated cheese if you ask for the cheddar option.

If you ask for American or Swiss it’s the sliced stuff

Almost sure they still do grated cheese if you ask for the cheddar option.

If you ask for American or Swiss it’s the sliced stuff

Not for me anyway, always ask for cheddar and get the slice. Though if it's cheddar I'm not actually sure so maybe I'm getting American...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Cheers OP.

Eddie Rockets is very popular in our house. Best burger of its type IMO. No messing around!

The Chocolate Malt is still amazing - sweet Jesus I'd hoover one up tonight now.

Chips are standard.

We also love the chicken wings with the cajun sauce.

Very good value on the family meal - €30 for two adult burger meals and any 2 kids meals. Would love to see them introduce free refills on soft drinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Eddie Rockets is fcuking lovely. Dunno where people are getting off berating it. A "little" on the expensive side but I'd pay the little extra all day long over the less fresh franchises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Panrich wrote: »
    I was in there the other day. My wife decided to try the ‘Eddies house slaw’ at €2.45. She asked if I’d like one as well and when I said I’d share hers she said no, we’ll get two.

Just as well. It arrived in a plastic sauce dip container.

FFS that’s not good enough

Rockin’ Joes in limerick is edict rockets in limerick?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Eddie Rockets is fcuking lovely. Dunno where people are getting off berating it. A "little" on the expensive side but I'd pay the little extra all day long over the less fresh franchises.

yeah Eddies is alright, definitely a notch above McDonalds/Burger King. Though I do agree with others that its on the expensive side. They pull some trickey as well with reducing the size of burgers and I remember their all day breakfast which was great value for 7.50 about five years ago. But then they put the price up and at the same time removed a sausage and the pudding and replaced it with a massive slab of grilled tomato and some mushrooms. Was a bit miffed when that happened and I never had it again.

I think though if you are going there for a burger alone then Bunsen/Wowburger is a better option for around the same price, maybe even a bit cheaper. But I do like Eddies from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Rockin’ Joes in limerick is edict rockets in limerick?

No, they’re former Eddie Rockets and while they do a similar menu and use the same suppliers, they’re separate.

Rockin Joes we’re giving away a €10 voucher in return for a Facebook review. Not sure if they’re still at a it.

Think they rebranded as Shake Dog too. They use the tag ‘the finer diner’ which I think was robbed from Eddie Rockets.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    No, they’re former Eddie Rockets and while they do a similar menu and use the same suppliers, they’re separate.

Rockin Joes we’re giving away a €10 voucher in return for a Facebook review. Not sure if they’re still at a it.

Think they rebranded as Shake Dog too. They use the tag ‘the finer diner’ which I think was robbed from Eddie Rockets.

Yeah that’s right they are shake dog now and lol I did Facebook review for a free meal basically a fake review before I ate my dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭alanbk

rubadub wrote: »
    good question, if following official guidelines they should be, it not just for pubs. A previous offer was eat in only, but not this time.

edit: found it

to celebrate the reopening of schools, we're rewarding all the adults of Ireland on Tuesday 1st of September with a classic hamburger, regular fries & a regular soda for only €5.89.

Eat-in or click & collect by downloading the New Eddie Rocket's online ordering & loyalty app.

T&C's: Valid Tuesday 1st September 2020 only.Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Meal includes classic hamburger, regular fries & any regular soda, no alternatives. Available for eat-in or click & collect exclusively via the Eddie Rocket's app only. Not available for delivery. Limited to ×4 meals per person. Available in participating diners, while stocks last.

Does anyone know what app to use to avail of this offer ? Can’t find their new Eddie Rockets app anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

alanbk wrote: »
    Does anyone know what app to use to avail of this offer ? Can’t find their new Eddie Rockets app anywhere.

It's not a"new" app, it's the same crappy old one with 1.9 star rating on Android market store.
    and yes, no sign of any deal on that app yet..

so typical ... crap deal, crap app, crap food, will be a mile long queue to get in, staff will be n panic..

UPDATED: deal is now on the app

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

andersat2 wrote: »
    It's not a"new" app, it's the same crappy old one with 1.9 star rating on Android market store.
    and yes, no sign of any deal on that app yet..

so typical ... crap deal, crap app, crap food, will be a mile long queue to get in, staff will be n panic..

UPDATED: deal is now on the app

If the app and food is so sh1te then why do you still have the app and check the offer for this deal?

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    If the app and food is so sh1te then why do you still have the app and check the offer for this deal?

because I'm getting bdsm type of satisfaction seeing how businesses (even in times like those) struggling to do something right, announcing ridiculous deals or promotions and not able to handle them.

ohh, and don't forget, to pay 50ct "administration fee" using this app, placing the order. so the price is not 5.89 but 6.39 (not even mentioned in small print).

UPDATE: most of the branches removed ability to order via app by 2pm. That means by 2pm most of the restaurants were swamped for collections.. what a joke..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Just finished our meals there, tasty burgers and good value at that price. Got the app and placed the order just after 1 pm when our local one opened. Had it collected in 15 minutes.

The app worked fairly well. The only minor quibble is that the order didn’t factor in changes to one of the burgers. But that was easily solved with a fork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

Just having a look at the app there, can you choose a time to collect your order?
    Don't want to go ahead with the order in case it tells me I have to collect it in the next hour or so, I want to collect it around 5 or 6 this evening if possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Not that I saw. My concern when placing the order was that I had no idea when it would be ready. I got a text message after placing the order advising of the collection time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

As bill o herlihy once said, we'll leave it there so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

eddies is bleedin awesome, i actually lusted for them last week and had meself the bourbon wings.....good lord they were nice...

my favourite burger is the M50 as fried onions are magic

• Advertisement

ooter wrote: »
    Just having a look at the app there, can you choose a time to collect your order?
    Don't want to go ahead with the order in case it tells me I have to collect it in the next hour or so, I want to collect it around 5 or 6 this evening if possible?

on the final stage of ordering, over the basket there is a red bar COLLECT ASAP, tap it and you will have more options for collection times

andersat2 wrote: »

ohh, and don't forget, to pay 50ct "administration fee" using this app, placing the order. so the price is not 5.89 but 6.39 (not even mentioned in small print).

UPDATE: most of the branches removed ability to order via app by 2pm. That means by 2pm most of the restaurants were swamped for collections.. what a joke..

Is that administration fee on any food you order off the Eddie Rockets app or was it just for the burger meal offer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Kuevasss

Me and my wife have just eaten our meals. Delicious burgers (Classic Burger for me, Sweet Potato Veggie Burger for her). Very large box of fries (looks like large size).
    First, I was trying to order from Terenure, but the option was not available in the app. So, I ordered from Rathmines. 5 minutes after I finished my order, it was refunded. I went to the branch anyway and the attendant told me it was for eatin only. Disappointing! So, I took my phone and ordered from Wexford Street branch. 10 min later, I was collecting my meals. This time worked flawlessly.
    Price: €5.89 each + €0.50 processing fee - €2.35 (20% off voucher for first online order only ROCKETS20)
    Thanks, OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

We loved this as a a back to school treat yesterday, thanks OP!

• Advertisement
Advertisement