Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva and towing a trailer policy

• 27-08-2020 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

hi
    can anyone else read the aviva motor policy booklet online from aviva website and see if they can see where it says about towing a trailer on page 18 . as i was looking for information on it and emailed aviva saying i couldnt find it on the policy booklet and got a short abrupt email saying its on page 18 explained in legal terms , i only see about unspecified "detached" trailers and about them being single alxe and unladen weight of 500kg .

could someone have a look at this see if me old eyes are missing something or have a look at a printed copy.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Page 18:

E Unspecified detached trailers
    We will, on behalf of the insured person (or their legal personal representatives), pay:
    • the full amount they may have to pay under the Road Traffic Acts for being legally liable
    for a person’s death or bodily injury; and
    • up to a limit of €30,000,000 the amount they may have to pay under the Road Traffic Acts for damages and costs and expenses of the person claiming for damage to property;
    for any detached single-axle trailer that weighs up to half a tonne when not loaded.
    Exclusions to section 2
    Unless we must do so under road traffic legislation, we will not pay:
    1 for damage to property owned by or
    in the possession or control of the insured person;
    2 for death of or bodily injury to any person driving the car, or in charge of it for the purpose of driving it;
    3 if the insured person has cover for the liability under another policy;
    4 for bodily injury to any person arising out of and in the course of that person’s employment by the insured person; or
    5 for any loss, damage, liability or injury arising from caravans, mobile homes, trailer tents, boat trailers, and any trailer which includes machinery or other equipment.
    Page 22

PC70
    Specified trailers (see the schedule for the cover which applies)
    We will extend the cover under this policy to the trailers described in the schedule of the policy while attached
    to your car, for the purposes of being operated or drawn, or detached and not being used. The cover for the trailer is shown in the schedule. We will not be liable for any loss, damage, liability, or injury arising out of any event which happens while your car is pulling more trailers than is allowed by law.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

So what exactly do you need to know.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭yammagamma

where does it say on page 18 anything about unspecified trailers attached to the car and there axle and unladed weights ,
    ie am i covered to tow a unspecified trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭yammagamma

and if im not covered to tow a unspecified "attached" trailer why would they cover it if its "detached",

Advertisement