Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hygeia "Summer Dip"

• 27-08-2020 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭

What are peoples expierence with this product?
    Dipped everything that I wasn't selling exactly a month ago.
    Dip was at correct strength, topped up every 30 ewes as recommended, and they got a good 40 seconds in the tub with at least one ducking.
    This last few days I've had several cases of maggots.

Any recommendations for a better product?
    30 days, that's poor coverage in my books...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Dip was at correct strength, topped up every 30 ewes as recommended, and they got a good 40 seconds in the tub with at least one ducking.

That'd be the run of it, People claim longer but it depends on the challenge but I never depended on longer than four weeks.
    I was discussing it with farmers lately and they claimed you'd be lucky to get as long as the withdrawal
    Osmonds Gold Fleece I use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Yeah, the withdrawal is 35 days, I think...

Yeah, the withdrawal is 35 days, I think...

We got 8 weeks out of Clik extra mixed at 4 to 1 with water if your looking for something cheaper to get you out till November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭eire23

Did ya try cyperguard? Find it very good. 7-8 weeks but that would be clean sheep and lambs. Not saying yours are dirty but generally where ya have lambs with long tails and dirty back sides it's equal what ya use.

Didn't try cyperguard, might give it a go next time.
    You'd miss products like Ciba-Gigey's "Top Clip Gold Shield"....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭kk.man

Didn't try cyperguard, might give it a go next time.
    You'd miss products like Ciba-Gigey's "Top Clip Gold Shield"....

I use click extra only use Hygeia in a half barrel if I have maggots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Click only job for maggots. I only heard of tbe diluting this year, will do it next year I think

Thought the one bath-time would do...
    N8hDeNK.jpg

Click only job for maggots. I only heard of tbe diluting this year, will do it next year I think

Clik extra has 5 times the active ingredient that Clikzin, has

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

If you're diluting products, apart from the risk they won't be effective, you wouldn't want to be 'diluting' the withdrawal time.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Dickie10

does diluting work? its just i tend to use a good bit of click/clickzin when applying , my gun only lets a good shot out when over 11-12ml. i dipped my stores 3 weeks ago still ok. dipped ewes the same day. i would only dip the ewes once every 3 years and use click the other times. i used Ectoflits, 3 litre tin. 42 day w/d

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

Op, 40 seconds is not good enough. Give them a minute and duck under twiuce while your waiting. Clean bath, clean sheep result in a better job.

Advertisement