Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second thoughts on a house sale?

Options
  • 27-08-2020 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I recently went sale agreed on a house I own yet now aim having second thoughts on the sale (believe the sales price is too low even in these Covid times).

The final contracts are with me yet I haven’t signed them yet!

Im aware that this would be annoying for the would be buyer and I expect to have to pay my solicitors and auctioneers costs even if I pull out now.

Thoughts welcome on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mr Sugar

If you don't want to sell, don't sell....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I recently went sale agreed on a house I own yet now aim having second thoughts on the sale (believe the sales price is too low even in these Covid times).

Im aware that this would be annoying for the would be buyer and I expect to have to pay my solicitors and auctioneers costs even if I pull out now.

Thoughts welcome on this

Don’t sell if you don’t want to.
    No other thoughts, other than your own count.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Awkwardstroke

Thoughts welcome on this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Thoughts welcome on this

Not a nice thing to do but perfectly legal and your decision
    House sales fall through for all sorts of reasons,buyers and sellers changing their minds is just one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I pulled out of a sale last year for the exact same reason. Just didn't feel right. Coincidentally, going back on the market soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Thoughts welcome on this

Have you spoken to your solicitor? If you have have already signed the sales agreement, but not completed, you may not be able to pull out without penalty if the buyer has already signed and returned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

If you were happy to sell then I'd say sell.

There is no knowing what will happen in the next few months.

I went after a house 2 years ago would have dealt with the owner directly but the agent got in soon after and scared her off. They would have had more from me than the higher price with the agents fees.
    Agent offered to sell to me at asking and I turned him down.

Anyway, its now gone sale agreed was on the market 35k less than original asking and 20k less than my offer. I can only assume it was sold for less again.

Advertisement