Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is China getting on?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

They've just jailed one of the first "whistleblowers" for four years for worrying people. They'd crucify Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There liying about it and are in denial about it now too. I hard that cases started to come up in Beijing there recently and they locked parts of it down. They say now that it did not originate in Wuhan but came from outside after a big conference was hd in that city. They would probably blame America no doubt.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I wouldn't believe the hail.mary out of China let alone something like this. But if there was a country on the planet that could control its population enough to suppress a virus that would be China. A lock down out there could be a serious situation not like our half arsed lockdown.
    There is probably a huge holesomewhee full of vivid dead

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

The Chinese government are doing a great job. Everything they say can be relied on 100%. They definitely don't have a million Ouighars in concentration camps. It's foreign lies that they are harvesting organs from prisoners. The CCP would never dream of driving third world countries into debt traps. The CCP spokespeople should be beatified for their contribution to transparency and honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Piollaire wrote: »
    The Chinese government are doing a great job. Everything they say can be relied on 100%. They definitely don't have a million Ouighars in concentration camps. It's foreign lies that they are harvesting organs from prisoners. The CCP would never dream of driving third world countries into debt traps. The CCP spokespeople should be beatified for their contribution to transparency and honesty.

Lol. Whatever you say so Mister Zi Ping lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We really do not need yet another thread dedicated to China. China has also been done to death in the main thread

• Registered Users Posts: 13,650 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Havnt posted here for a few weeks - but Ireland has now had more cases than China - The country where the virus started with a population of 1.5 Billion - and Ireland population 4 million - and for about 7 months every day China seam to record around 20 daily new cases .
    Are the CCP being totally honest and transperent with ther figures ??

Something fishy I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You think??? I reckon they are second only to the USA. They aren't jailing journalists and lawyers for no reason https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1228/1186687-china-covid19-coronavirus/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,650 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

MadYaker wrote: »
    You think??? I reckon they are second only to the USA. They aren't jailing journalists and lawyers for no reason https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1228/1186687-china-covid19-coronavirus/

its horrific , and that Doctor that died from the virus who tried to Whistleblow about the virus back in January - and every day they record between 20 and 30 new cases, while most of the rest of the world is in chaos, with thousands of new daily cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

beauf wrote: »
    China seems to think if it publishes incredible statistics everyone will be dazzled and not look to closely.

That's not too say they aren't capable of Incredible feats. They most certainly are. But that's a different issue.

Well they are right because I seem to recall about a thousands posts saying "If only we locked down hard like China did"

Do people not get it that Communist dictatorships lie about everything?

• Advertisement

For what it's worth I think they have a decent handle on it now. If they were seeing thousands or tens of thousands of new cases every day they wouldn't be able to keep that quiet. I think in the beginning they had way way more cases than they are letting on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You won't hear much from China during Xmas holidays. They are usually busy with other things apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

nc6000 wrote: »
    I always thought it was a remarkable coincidence that Wuhan had a CDC facility which just happened to be studying Corona viruses around the time Covid-19 started. How common are these facilities, do we have one in Dublin or anywhere else in Ireland?

Do other biological laboratories study corona viruses?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

thebaz wrote: »
    Havnt posted here for a few weeks - but Ireland has now had more cases than China - The country where the virus started with a population of 1.5 Billion - and Ireland population 4 million - and for about 7 months every day China seam to record around 20 daily new cases .

Something fishy I think.

Posted this link earlier

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55355401

Article looks at Chinas state media and censorship of the Pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

The Chinese burned so many bodies in Wuhan that satellites detected it from space. No-one will ever know but there is at least half a million or more dead from covid in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

MadYaker wrote: »
    . If they were seeing thousands or tens of thousands of new cases every day they wouldn't be able to keep that quiet.

Of course they would. Its ****ing china!

thebaz wrote: »

Something fishy I think.

https://www.independent.co.uk/world/covid19-china-mishandle-pandemic-leaked-documents-b1764276.html

They lied. Everyone knows it. They're trying to rewrite history.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    We really do not need yet another thread dedicated to China. China has also been done to death in the main thread

Now merged into this thread

Rikand wrote: »
    Of course they would. Its ****ing china!

Nah they tried to sit on it when it all kicked off there in January but they weren’t able to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Maybe we can rename this thread "We don't like conspiracy theories but we're racists so go wild with unproven conspiracies about China."

The_Brood wrote: »
    Maybe we can rename this thread "We don't like conspiracy theories but we're racists so go wild with unproven conspiracies about China."

Conspiracy theorists / racists / ???

I think you've been watching way too much Father Ted there tbf.

I guess the likes of the BBC must be racists and conspiracy theorists as well as they're also casting a critical eye on the ongoing situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Get real will ya! They just jailed a reporter for 4 years for reporting on COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Hahaha are you for real?

We'll never know the full story about the number of cases and deaths in China because the CCP have tight control on all of that information they only let us know what they want us to know.

And if you don't believe that, or think it's conspiracy theory or racist to say so may I suggest that you look up their treatment of the Uyghurs Muslims and then come back here and tell us how racist we are.

gozunda wrote: »
    Conspiracy theorists / racists / ???

I think you've been watching way too much Father Ted there tbf.

I guess the likes of the BBC must be racists and conspiracy theorists as well as they're also casting a critical eye on the ongoing situation

Mate do you even read the article you are linking to? It is exactly right. China has endless human rights problems yet their success in stamping out Covid 19 is undisputed. No matter how much China gets rightfully criticized regarding other issues, they stamped out Covid 19 to a level that allows the majority of its citizens to continue life as normal. That is a fact. While Europe has failed and completely destroyed the lives of its citizens.

There is a high price to pay for China's success - but success it most certainly is. The BBC article does not dispute that. While all of Europe's leaders have delivered is failure, cowardice, and misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Hahaha are you for real?

We'll never know the full story about the number of cases and deaths in China because the CCP have tight control on all of that information they only let us know what they want us to know.

And if you don't believe that, or think it's conspiracy theory or racist to say so may I suggest that you look up their treatment of the Uyghurs Muslims and then come back here and tell us how racist we are.

I think that's fair. I've no doubt that the Chinese government have lied. The trajectory of their cases is completely different to everywhere else, it makes no sense and the government there have form for lying or going to great lengths to control a narrative.

However, is there anything to support the 500k deaths alleged above and the burning of bodies?

Mate do you even read the article you are linking to? It is exactly right. China has endless human rights problems yet their success in stamping out Covid 19 is undisputed. No matter how much China gets rightfully criticized regarding other issues, they stamped out Covid 19 to a level that allows the majority of its citizens to continue life as normal. That is a fact. While Europe has failed and completely destroyed the lives of its citizens.

There is a high price to pay for China's success - but success it most certainly is. The BBC article does not dispute that. While all of Europe's leaders have delivered is failure, cowardice, and misery.

:D

I did indeed. This article in case you're still confused ...
    The BBC's Kerry Allen and Zhaoyin Feng take a look back at the country's online government censors who worked harder than ever to supress negative information, the citizens that managed to break through the Great Firewall, and how the propaganda machine re-wrote the narrative.

But as you said 'racists' and "conspiracy' theorists ...

gozunda wrote: »
    :D

I did indeed. This article in case you're still confused ...

It seems that you are confused. Of course China has a propaganda machine and does not want negative information coming out. That does not at all mean that A) they didn't have a mass scale lockdown early on B)that didn't stop a great deal of the virus spread C)the majority of people are not living lockdown-free lives today.

Those 3 things are facts and are the total difference between defeating the virus and letting it completely ruin our lives.

It seems that you are confused. Of course China has a propaganda machine and does not want negative information coming out. That does not at all mean that A) they didn't have a mass scale lockdown early on B)that didn't stop a great deal of the virus spread C)the majority of people are not living lockdown-free lives today.

Those 3 things are facts and are the total difference between defeating the virus and letting it completely ruin our lives.

Nope. Incorrect. That's simply what the article says - what China state authorities are telling us - comes from the self same "propaganda machine"

Btw I never made any statement about the lockdown there etc btw. That's your own comment...

I'd suggest you read the article in full before alluding to racists and conspiracy theorists...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

New Year's eve in Wuhan, no vaccine administered but they are apparently fine.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1344709967086047232?s=20

Advertisement