Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is China getting on?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

China was in the news the other day. RTE complaining about China's refusal to buy Irish meat. No mention of the Uyghur "reeducation camps" or any of the other sick ****e that regime is up to.

Why are we selling meat to CCP again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

They can do what they want, they are responsible for the deaths of 2 million people around the world, and there is ZERO consequences for them - in fact their economy only grew last year.

China was in the news the other day. RTE complaining about China's refusal to buy Irish meat. No mention of the Uyghur "reeducation camps" or any of the other sick ****e that regime is up to.

Well we sell to the US , a country that has invaded half the Middle East in the last few years. And is blockading Yemen with he ugly Saudi Regime, a deliberate starvation policy. Also we buy from China. If your idea is to only buy their stuff and not sell stuff then they do better.

They can do what they want, they are responsible for the deaths of 2 million people around the world, and there is ZERO consequences for them - in fact their economy only grew last year.

Partly responsible, but its not as if the West doesn't bear responsibility. By the latest strain in the Uk, is the UK responsible. If they had killed the virus, then we wouldn't have such a strain, right.

washman3 wrote: »
    Because CNN news told him so.....;)

CNN is about as propagandistic as Fox News, they all represent the ideology of American supremacism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Partly responsible, but its not as if the West doesn't bear responsibility. By the latest strain in the Uk, is the UK responsible. If they had killed the virus, then we wouldn't have such a strain, right.

And how could they have possibly killed it ?

It's impossible, it's endemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

The Chinese have a history of handling outbreaks poorly.

The west were complacent. When news broke off a new virulent virus the majority sat back and passed no heed because it was seen as just another Asian problem amd leave them too it.

Even when Italy was over run the rest of the west sat back and did nothing, not even reaching out to help our European neighbors.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,650 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

What is China/CCP trying to hide ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56054468

They certainly dont seam very co-operative to the WHO investigation to how virus started , WHO said during week very unlikly virus was man-made / - now it seams they wernt very co-operative after all, yet earlier today Ryan and other WHO leaders were saying investiagtion was pretty informative - I'm certainly not convinced.

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    Mamdatory.masking lifted in Beijing this week.
    Over 6 milllion people tested chasing the clusters there.

They’d have no qualms putting their entire population at risk for propaganda.

thebaz wrote: »
    What is China/CCP trying to hide ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56054468

They certainly dont seam very co-operative to the WHO investigation to how virus started , WHO said during week very unlikly virus was man-made / - now it seams they wernt very co-operative after all, yet earlier today Ryan and other WHO leaders were saying investiagtion was pretty informative - I'm certainly not convinced.

The WHO must be infiltrated by the communists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I am sure all the covid cases are being put down as flu. The CCP can not look weak to the Chinese people and so are never in the wrong. Chinese media have been saying that the virus originated in the US, Australia, Canada and Italy, basically anywhere but China. Last I heard they said maybe it had multiple origins. The only way we can prevent this from happing again is for them to admit that it started there and take measures to ensure it never happens again.

I am sure all the covid cases are being put down as flu. The CCP can not look weak to the Chinese people and so are never in the wrong. Chinese media have been saying that the virus originated in the US, Australia, Canada and Italy, basically anywhere but China. Last I heard they said maybe it had multiple origins. The only way we can prevent this from happing again is for them to admit that it started there and take measures to ensure it never happens again.

They’re probably accelerating their bio weapon development as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

The only solution is the dismantling of the CCP

The WHO must be infiltrated by the communists.

Tedross is their puppet.

We should stop trading with them altogether. Democratic countries need to decouple from China.

More on the China/CCP transperancy :-

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56061879

The first video is all very WHO bureaucratic waffle , the second one dig's deeper into the way CCP control (dictate) ther stragy , what a horrible regime, maybe they have nothing to hide, if so , let the world get some explanation into how ther world changed so dramitically at such a horrific cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

More on the China/CCP transperancy :-

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56061879

The first video is all very WHO bureaucratic waffle , the second one dig's deeper into the way CCP control (dictate) ther stragy , what a horrible regime, maybe they have nothing to hide, if so , let the world get some explanation into how ther world changed so dramitically at such a horrific cost.

The CPC have tonnes to hide. China is far more dangerous than any other regime on earth. Also frightening how brainwashed the locals are. They need to be given the North Korea treatment.

Did anyone watch scientist Jamie Metzl, who is an advisor to WHO , on Rogan, hypothising that origin of Covid looks like a leak at Wuhan lab, I was sceptical before, now not so sure :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIXKJXsiBFc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Did anyone watch scientist Jamie Metzl, who is an advisor to WHO , on Rogan, hypothising that origin of Covid looks like a leak at Wuhan lab, I was sceptical before, now not so sure :-

I listened to the first half of it last night and I'll listen to the rest later. Massive, eye opening stuff

Jamie isn't some crackpot, his career and reputation speaks for itself https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Metzl

China was on my countries to visit before Covid

Now, I never want to set foot in it even for a stopover

• Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭jackryan34

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I listened to the first half of it last night and I'll listen to the rest later. Massive, eye opening stuff

Jamie isn't some crackpot, his career and reputation speaks for itself https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Metzl

Sad thing is alot of good posters were banned here for suggesting it came from a lab a year ago

• Advertisement

I've felt the same way since Tiananmen Square

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

I have a very close friend from Hong Kong who is living in Ireland and she doesn't think she will ever visit home again as she doesn't feel safe as it's basically China again now and she knows how they work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭nc6000

He makes some very good points there - I always thought it was a remarkable coincidence that Wuhan happened to have a big lab studying coronaviruses.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

I think a lot of outright rejection of the lab leak hypothesis from scientists is because of it being low probability but more importantly because of the public reaction if it were the case. An outraged population would probably demand an end to tons of basic science that would probably set us back massively for any future "natural" pandemic. Having now seen how irrational the public's reaction is to this, I really understand why scientists feel the need to protect their craft from this.

I personally don't rule out the lab leak idea, but I also can't see it as being the most likely. I think the zoonosis idea is much more likely. I also think if it did leak from a lab there is probably next to 0% chance of ever proving it now, it will have certainly been covered up. I understand in the name of justice people might feel the need to continue to pursue it though, but I don't know if it would really change anything now

• Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭jackryan34

nc6000 wrote: »
    He makes some very good points there - I always thought it was a remarkable coincidence that Wuhan happened to have a big lab studying coronaviruses.

He does

It makes complete sense

Only an idiot could have believed it came from a man eating a bat in metropolitan city like Wuhan

Not that we know it came from a lab I don't know if thats a good thing or bad thing in dealing with the virus long term, god knows what they done to make it so transmissible

China's heavy handed erradifcation approach from the onset and lack of interest in vaccination has me thinking we backed the wrong horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Arthur45

Nobody really know what happen in China it seems like nothing happen there whereas Europe is struggling...

Listened to it there and i was saying the same thing as far back as April last year on here below.
    It doesn't have to have been a bio weapon. It's more likely research and carelessness. They could have been researching viruses in bats and one of the staff fall ill.

But the mods didn't want to hear about a Lab being the source.

Metzl's points in the Rogan video just make me even more convinced. A massive red flag was this virus turning up in the only city in china with a level 4 research virology lab that was known to be studying coronaviruses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Did the virus ever get into other Chinese cities?

I don't understand how Wuhan was the city that was always talked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Did the virus ever get into other Chinese cities?

I don't understand how Wuhan was the city that was always talked about.

It ravaged their entire country. The fact that entire supply lines from Chinese production stopped is the proof of this.

People think the west will 'de-couple' from China but that ain't gonna happen. Do people on the western world want to return to a production economy rather than the consumer economy we currently enjoy? 1

• Advertisement

Piollaire wrote: »
    We should stop trading with them altogether. Democratic countries need to decouple from China.

Democratic countries need somewhere to export their pollution to so they can hit climate change targets.

Advertisement