Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice with custom build pc budget approx 800-1000

Options
  • 28-08-2020 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Have always either inherited my boyfriends old PC, used my work laptop or bought a second hand PC. I unexpectedly received some money from my old job so I've decided to use it to splash out and finally buy myself a new computer

Have been browsing www.custompc.ie a good few times, there's so many options and if I'm honest I don't fully understand it all.
    This is the spec that I was thinking of and was hoping for some advice.

PC Case Style
    CIT Dark Soul Mid-Tower Case With Side Window
    PROCESSOR
    Intel® Core™ i3 Quad(4) Core Processor i3-10100 - 3.60GHZ -6Mb Cache
    PROCESSOR COOLING
    INTEL STANDARD COOLER
    MOTHERBOARD / CHIPSET
    ASUS PRIME H410M-E
    MEMORY
    16GB DDR4 2400MHZ ( 2 x 8GB) - LEVEN
    GRAPHICS CARD
    Nvidia GeForce GT1030 2GB GDDR5 - GAMING SERIES
    HARD DISK ( 1 )
    Seagate Barracuda ™ 1 Terabyte 64MB Cache 6GB/S 7200 RPM
    M.2 SOLID STATE DRIVE
    Adata M.2 128GB - XPG - READ 730 MB/s - WRITE 660 MB/s
    POWER SUPPLY
    AEROCOOL 600 WATT 80+ CERTIFIED BRONZE
    OS
    NO OPERATING SYSTEM INSTALLED (I have a windows 10 key that I was going to use, install it myself so I can set it up how I want it )

1. What is your budget? I went on www.custompc.ie and went through various options. The one I've selected comes to about 865 euro but I am willing to go up as far as 1000

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Main purpose for PC will be to play games and possibly watch netflix at the same time. The main games I will be playing are Terraria, Guild Wars 2, Rim World and Idle Champions. Idle champions is quite hard on the aul resources both CPU and memory

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I do have parts from an old computer but this is my first time buying a brand new computer for myself so would like to have new parts

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.] N/A

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920x1080 (two monitors). No plans to upgrade.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No, I don't need peripherals

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Probably credit card

9. When are you purchasing? No definite plans on when

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I'm based in Kildare :-( The website https://www.custompc.ie/ seem to build the PC for you so was going to go with that option as I'd be too nervous to do it myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

865 for that? What a joke. Putting aside the fact that Custom PC are a joke of a company, that machine would struggle with new games a the lowest settings.

Example this PC is way cheaper and about 4x as powerful for games.

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/awd-mb520-argb-ryzen-7-2700x-nvidia-gtx-1660-super-16gb-ram-desktop-gaming-pc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Hi Avonne

First off, step away from custompc.ie and never go back.
    They have a really bad rep for customer service and their pc's are normally overpriced and under built.

There are other companies tat come higher recomended. One of the more knowlgeable heads here will help point you towards a much better machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Avonne

Homelander wrote: »
    865 for that? What a joke. Putting aside the fact that Custom PC are a joke of a company, that machine would struggle with new games a the lowest settings.

Example this PC is way cheaper and about 4x as powerful for games.

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/awd-mb520-argb-ryzen-7-2700x-nvidia-gtx-1660-super-16gb-ram-desktop-gaming-pc.html

Thanks a million for the advice. Knew I shouldn't buy anything without getting an opinion from someone who knows more about this stuff. If I wanted to spend the money (800-1000), what upgrades would you recommend for that build?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Avonne wrote: »
    Thanks a million for the advice. Knew I shouldn't buy anything without getting an opinion from someone who knows more about this stuff. If I wanted to spend the money (800-1000), what upgrades would you recommend for that build?

Case: Phanteks P400 Air DRGB (+4.95) *personal preference - the CM 520 ARGB is decent)
    Motherboard: MSI B550M Bazook (+34.95)
    PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 550W (+34.95)
    CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X (+39.95)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Black 3600MHz 16Gb (+9.95)
    Primary hard drive: Adata SX6000 Pro 1Tb (+89.95)

Brings it to GBP719.69 (EUR805)

I would not upgrade to that RTX 2060 as it's a mini-ITX model using thin fans - would be too loud under load.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Avonne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Case: Phanteks P400 Air DRGB (+4.95) *personal preference - the CM 520 ARGB is decent)
    Motherboard: MSI B550M Bazook (+34.95)
    PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 550W (+34.95)
    CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X (+39.95)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Black 3600MHz 16Gb (+9.95)
    Primary hard drive: Adata SX6000 Pro 1Tb (+89.95)

Brings it to GBP719.69 (EUR805)

I would not upgrade to that RTX 2060 as it's a mini-ITX model using thin fans - would be too loud under load.
    Sound, thanks a million for your advice

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

The GPU is no good or the CPU u would look at ryzen 5 3600 CPU. It comes with a cooler To save some money
    Then b550 or x570 motherboard prices are dropping make sure memory you buy is on approved motherboard list as ryzen has memory problems a 1660 GPU should be minimum I would build on a full case if it's your first build then SSD drive and power supply
    Memory and SSD prices are dropping

Advertisement