Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera for shotgun

• 28-08-2020 1:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭

Has anyone experience with recording cameras for shotgun.
    I was looking at the prices on one of the top brands and they seem expensive. Are there any alternatives that are still decent that you may have experience with?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

keith s wrote: »
    Has anyone experience with recording cameras for shotgun.
    I was looking at the prices on one of the top brands and they seem expensive. Are there any alternatives that are still decent that you may have experience with?

Thanks in advance.

I have searched myself on the matter,nothing really out there except the ShotKam which is expensive but good,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭keith s

Yeah, tbh it's 3 time the price I paid for my Shotgun, (Yes, I know... I'm a cheap skate).

I have seen other types that are ment for action cams (biking, watersports etc.), but they also have mounts for the shotgun.

They don't seem to have that crosshair or start to record based on movement.
    So you would not have as much ability to see how far you missed by lol and would have to hit the record button for every shot, which would sometimes not be ideal, but starting prices of around 40 quid, I was thinking to give one a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭no_4

There’s a guy on here selling an aimcam for 240

Interesting setup them aimcams, but I have specs, so probably would be awkward to use or maybe I could use without the tints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

keith s wrote: »
    Interesting setup them aimcams, but I have specs, so probably would be awkward to use or maybe I could use without the tints.

ad says it comes with insert for prescription lenses

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058108859

Cheers JR, I missed that, I was too busy looking at the pictures lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cinnelli

Hi,
    I bought and have been using a Tachyon gun cam for the last two months. I paid about €270 but then was hit with €70 customs.
    I find out easy to use, good clear footage and easy to download to relive all my misses!
    Will I

Advertisement