If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cinema audio upgrade path

Options
  • 28-08-2020 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my current audio setup for something better, i am currently using a logitech z5500 which has served me well and has a room shaking subwoofer but is limited quality wise and is just a pc speaker system at the end of the day.

Originally i was looking at getting a jamo s807 hcs set of speakers and buy a av amp but now i think ill take it more slowly over the next few months and get something a bit more quality focused that will last ( i still have a denon separates system (with minidisc!) that is over 23 years old and going strong that i bought from your dublin store, so i think quality matters!!)

What would your advice be?, - I was thinking i might start off with something like the Sony STRDN1080 if i pushed my budget out and i would pair it with Q Acoustics 3050 (non i version) for the front left and right and build the system slowly up from there over a couple of months eventually ending up with an atmos setup.

Eventually i was thinking Q Acoustics 3010 for the rears and something like the 3090ci for the center,atmos height speakers and subwoofer not sure of yet..
    I haven't built such a system before, are there any 'holes' in my thinking above?, would this be a good system to grow?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Moreilly wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my current audio setup for something better, i am currently using a logitech z5500 which has served me well and has a room shaking subwoofer but is limited quality wise and is just a pc speaker system at the end of the day.

Originally i was looking at getting a jamo s807 hcs set of speakers and buy a av amp but now i think ill take it more slowly over the next few months and get something a bit more quality focused that will last ( i still have a denon separates system (with minidisc!) that is over 23 years old and going strong that i bought from your dublin store, so i think quality matters!!)

What would your advice be?, - I was thinking i might start off with something like the Sony STRDN1080 if i pushed my budget out and i would pair it with Q Acoustics 3050 (non i version) for the front left and right and build the system slowly up from there over a couple of months eventually ending up with an atmos setup.

Eventually i was thinking Q Acoustics 3010 for the rears and something like the 3090ci for the center,atmos height speakers and subwoofer not sure of yet..
    I haven't built such a system before, are there any 'holes' in my thinking above?, would this be a good system to grow?
    Hi Moreilly,

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you!

You have  picked a very good system to be honest however we are having some severe supply chain issues with the STRDN1080 so it's completely unavailable at the moment! If you're looking for a great alternative I do have the Yamaha RXA680 which is Yamaha's entry level Aventage series amp! It sounds incredible with an upgraded chassis and amplification components plus it will do Atmos, 4K passthrough and has a Musiccast wireless streaming as well! It's currently £499 but would pair very well well with the Q Acoustics set up!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203497-yamaha-rxa680-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

The 3050s are great speakers as well so you would get a great sound from your fronts! The 3050is would be the ones to go for though as there is a big step up in sound quality although they are a bit more expensive!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Hi Moreilly,

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you!

You have  picked a very good system to be honest however we are having some severe supply chain issues with the STRDN1080 so it's completely unavailable at the moment! If you're looking for a great alternative I do have the Yamaha RXA680 which is Yamaha's entry level Aventage series amp! It sounds incredible with an upgraded chassis and amplification components plus it will do Atmos, 4K passthrough and has a Musiccast wireless streaming as well! It's currently £499 but would pair very well well with the Q Acoustics set up!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203497-yamaha-rxa680-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

The 3050s are great speakers as well so you would get a great sound from your fronts! The 3050is would be the ones to go for though as there is a big step up in sound quality although they are a bit more expensive!

Kind regards

David
    Just a quick question, what is the width of the 3050's not including the feet ?

Hey Moreilly.

The width of the 3050 excluding the feet would be 8 inches.

Kenny.

Thanks for the reply, back again... might start looking at going down the rabbit hole that is av !....what would be the best boardsie deal on the q acoustics 3050 graphite and a matching 3090c center speaker in £  ;)

Thanks for the reply, back again... might start looking at going down the rabbit hole that is av !....what would be the best boardsie deal on the q acoustics 3050 graphite and a matching 3090c center speaker in £  ;)
    Hi Moreilly,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I don't have much movement on those I'm afraid! I'm also out of stock of the 3090c but I could do the 3090ci in grey graphite with the 3050 graphite for £428? I am out of stock of the 3090ci at the moment but should have more coming in soon!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi David, that sounds good, I'll go for the 3090ci center with the 3050- I'm off to work at the moment , how do i go about ordering :) 

Hi David, that sounds good, I'll go for the 3090ci center with the 3050- I'm off to work at the moment , how do i go about ordering :) 
    Hey Moreilly.

You can drop us your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call to finalise.

However we are awaiting on more stock arriving of the 3090Ci in graphite.
    Hopefully this will be at some point next week.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

PM Sent ;)

PM Sent ;)
    Cheers Moreilly.

We will drop you a call ASAP.

Kenny.

Hi, I have received the 3050 and 3010, and am looking forward to the 3090ci - just a quick question, would a pair of the 7000i be suitable to be used for Atmos speakers and is it possible to wall mount them in a horizontal position? https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12971-q-acoustics-q7000i-lri-satellite-pair-white-2-0-satellite-pack.aspx

Michael

• Advertisement

Hi, I have received the 3050 and 3010, and am looking forward to the 3090ci - just a quick question, would a pair of the 7000i be suitable to be used for Atmos speakers and is it possible to wall mount them in a horizontal position? https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12971-q-acoustics-q7000i-lri-satellite-pair-white-2-0-satellite-pack.aspx

Michael
    Hi Moreilly,

You could use a pair of Q7000is as Atmos speakers so long as they were mounted above your listening position and angled down towards you.

The brackets can also be rotated so you should be able to mount them horizontally!

Kind regards

David

Hi, I think I go for a pair of the 7000i in white :)
         Michael 

Michael 
    Hi Moreilly,

No problem, we're currently out of stock of them at the moment but we can source them directly from our supplier. It could take a hile to get them in though if you don't mind a bit of a wait?

Kind regards

David

Michael 
    Hi Moreilly,

No problem, we're currently out of stock of them at the moment but we can source them directly from our supplier. It could take a hile to get them in though if you don't mind a bit of a wait?

Kind regards

David
    Hi David - That's no problem, can you order them in for me (white)? p.s. any update on the 3090ci
           Michael

Michael 
    Hi Moreilly,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David - That's no problem, can you order them in for me (white)? p.s. any update on the 3090ci
           Michael
    Hi Michael,

I can certainly place an order on the system for you and I can call for payment when they arrive?

I am still waiting on the centres arriving. They have been ordered and they should be with us soon, I'm just waiting for an ETA! I'll let you know as soon as I have one!

Kind regards

David

Michael 
    Hi Moreilly,

Kind regards

David
           Michael
    Hi Michael,

I can certainly place an order on the system for you and I can call for payment when they arrive?

I am still waiting on the centres arriving. They have been ordered and they should be with us soon, I'm just waiting for an ETA! I'll let you know as soon as I have one!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David, that's no problem, you can go ahead and order and give me a call for the payment when it arrives
        michael

Michael 
    Hi Moreilly,

Kind regards

David
           Michael
    Hi Michael,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David, that's no problem, you can go ahead and order and give me a call for the payment when it arrives
        michael
    Hi Michael,

I have placed that order and will be in contact as soon as it comes in!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.