Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elderly Faher Moving from VF broadband to EIR or Sky etc

• 28-08-2020 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I'm a bit confused here....

I was helping my father switch from VF to EIR via bonkers. VF said they would cut him off immediately (as a favour) which they did.

EIR rang him up and said there is problem with your line....VF need to reconnet you line etc. (Why would they need to do that?)

(He doesn't really understand what they said and I wasn't there to listen). THey had an EIRCOM landline for years at that address

Doesn't seem to make sense to me - can anyone shed any light on this please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You should switch in place. Cancelling the service just makes a mess of things. Ask the new provider to start from scratch, they can do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Check here and elsewhere regarding horrific stories about eir customer service.

It's simply the worst in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I am just off the phone to Comreg about Eir. They are the biggest shower of arseholes know to man.

Trying to send equipment back to them, but they are a communications company that does not communicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kennedmc

cheers all. ACtually going with Sky in the end so looks like he will be setup with a decent deal.

Advertisement