Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENTL LOAN NEEDED

• 28-08-2020 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I have found myself in a very sticky situation and need a loan, I've try every avenue posisble, this is my lost resort. I need 5k and can pay back 300 a month with interest. Im wiling to go to a loan shark if needs be

Comments

DJWK18 wrote: »
    I have found myself in a very sticky situation and need a loan, I've try every avenue posisble, this is my lost resort. I need 5k and can pay back 300 a month with interest. Im wiling to go to a loan shark if needs be

What avenues have you tried?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Would you try your local credit union? Way better than a loan shark too much interest and not reliable as mentioned above what avenues have you tried?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

revoke12 wrote: »
    Would you try your local credit union? Way better than a loan shark too much interest and not reliable as mentioned above what avenues have you tried?

Could you sell something - car or any other belongings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 DJWK18

What avenues have you tried?

Banks, credit union, same day loans, the lot I've tried. My credit rating is very bad but I only have myself to blame for that. I had a provident loan before and kept my payments up to date, they can only give me 1k which is not use to me.

mickdw wrote: »
    Could you sell something - car or any other belongings.

I don't drive and wouldn't have many valuables to sell. I know a loan shark isn't the right way to go but it's a case that I have to go down that route now.

• Advertisement

Banks, credit union, same day loans, the lot I've tried. My credit rating is very bad but I only have myself to blame for that. I had a provident loan before and kept my payments up to date, they can only give me 1k which is not use to me.

is the 5k for another loan you have or something urgent you need to pay? does it need to be paid asap yes? Would you try your local credit union again and see and explain the situation or is your credit rating very bad

I don't drive and wouldn't have many valuables to sell. I know a loan shark isn't the right way to go but it's a case that I have to go down that route now.

Any family member you could ask for 2k even if tis urgent and pay them back?

revoke12 wrote: »
    is the 5k for another loan you have or something urgent you need to pay? does it need to be paid asap yes? Would you try your local credit union again and see and explain the situation or is your credit rating very bad

Something urgent that needs paying and I can forget about and move on from it. I explained to them my situation and was refuse there and then. This was really my last option posting on this, something I didn't really want to do.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

What about family, friends, employer, social warfare or ask if you can delay payment to the person you intend to pay with the loan

Something urgent that needs paying and I can forget about and move on from it. I explained to them my situation and was refuse there and then. This was really my last option posting on this, something I didn't really want to do.

I understand, Contact MABS free confidential information and they will be able to help you and guide you with your situation. They will advise you on your next steps and its Free give them a call. https://www.mabs.ie/en/ honestly they are there to help people give them a call

• Advertisement

Jim2007 wrote: »
    What about family, friends, employer, social warfare or ask if you can delay payment to the person you intend to pay with the loan

Ive tried all that already. The payment needs to be paid ASAP, can't delay it anymore.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Something urgent that needs paying and I can forget about and move on from it.

Buy you will not be able to forget about it nor move on... you'll be struggling to pay off a 5k loan.

Have you considered just not paying? If you have not got the funds all they can do is take you to court and they end up with some kind of payment plan at best...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Etc

You've a poor credit rating and are asking people on a public forum for a loan ? Why would anyone believe you'd pay it back ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

what will happen if you dont Pay?

can you arrange a repayment plan with the person/agency/company you owe the money to?

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Buy you will not be able to forget about it nor move on... you'll be struggling to pay off a 5k loan.

Have you considered just not paying? If you have not got the funds all they can do is take you to court and they end up with some kind of payment plan at best...

The loan will be no problem to pay back I can pay back 300 a month.

Not paying isn't a option!!

Etc wrote: »
    You've a poor credit rating and are asking people on a public forum for a loan ? Why would anyone believe you'd pay it back ?

I know that and that's why I don't want to come on here to ask. The loan will be paid back each month in a bank transfer or meet in person each month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

Wuff Wuff wrote: »

If he's willing to go to a loan shark to get it paid off, I have the feeling it's less likely to be a ding on his credit or a potential court case and more likely to be a newspaper headline in a few days...

can you arrange a repayment plan with the person/agency/company you owe the money to?

My life would be worth living if I didn't pay it.

perhaps you could set up a go fund me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The loan will be no problem to pay back I can pay back 300 a month.

Not paying isn't a option!!
    How soon is ASAP, 7 days, 21 days, 30 days? TBH this all looks a bit dubious if whoever you owe is not prepared to stretch things out a bit more. Do you have any of it in an account you can show institutions? If you can pay 300 you can save 300 or more and then apply for that balance. Again CU might look more favourably on you making an effort. I'd echo the MABS suggestion BTW, ASAP. I'd also look at any extras/luxuries you're paying out and reduce them or get rid of them.

• Advertisement

Honestly il say it again contact Mabs its confidential and they will help you see what options you have to get loans etc if if the money is for something illegal will we say they are there to help people - Give them a call today and explain this sticky situation you are in.

perhaps you could set up a go fund me?

I don't think many people would donate to it, it is something I did think about tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Hmmm.... new user..... 8 posts...... all in this thread.....

Any chance you’re just a messer, OP?

is_that_so wrote: »
    How soon is ASAP, 7 days, 21 days, 30 days? TBH this all looks a bit dubious if whoever you owe is not prepared to stretch things out a bit more. Do you have any of it in an account you can show institutions? If you can pay 300 you can save 300 or more and then apply for that balance. Again CU might look more favourably on you making an effort. I'd echo the MABS suggestion BTW, ASAP. I'd also look at any extras/luxuries you're paying out and reduce them or get rid of them.

Soon as in by the end of the weekend! Thanks

Have you talked to whoever it is and laid out the situation? I find it hard to believe that they would not be prepared to accept even a part of it right now while you organise the rest.

endacl wrote: »
    Hmmm.... new user..... 8 posts...... all in this thread.....

Any chance you’re just a messer, OP?

No I'm not a messer, there's nothing to be messing about in my situation.

I don't think many people would donate to it, it is something I did think about tho.

if youre honest about the story and tell tehm why you need it they might

some of the go fund me's can gathr pace fairly quickly, saw one for a "stormzy Lookalike" get upto like 20k in one afternoon

Soon as in by the end of the weekend! Thanks
    Then MABS it is right this very minute. Look them up and go talk to them. This kind of thing is what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Is the debt related to anything illegal? Are you being blackmailed? Or is there a much less dramatic reason?

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    Have you talked to whoever it is and laid out the situation? I find it hard to believe that they would not be prepared to accept even a part of it right now while you organise the rest.

Yeah I've tried all that but didn't work at all. The reason why I've been reaching out on all platforms to try get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement