Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liqui Moly

Options
  • 28-08-2020 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

I've been ringing around without any joy so can anyone tell me where in Dublin, Kildare or Wicklow I can walk into and buy four litres of Liqui Moly 4T 15w-50 Semi Synthetic oil please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

motorcycleshop.ie stock Liqui Moly oils and additives. They're the online name of Lee Motorcycles Honda here in Cork.

They'll post it - next day delivery with DPD and I think you get free delivery if you spend fifty quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Fabio wrote: »
    motorcycleshop.ie stock Liqui Moly oils and additives. They're the online name of Lee Motorcycles Honda here in Cork.

They'll post it - next day delivery with DPD and I think you get free delivery if you spend fifty quid.

I actually ordered it from motorcycleshop.ie on Wednesday. I was hoping to get the oil changed over the weekend so today I asked if it was the norm to be still "Processing" after 48 hours and he cancelled my order!!!

I rang Lee in Cork but they say contact is only by email and I couldn't talk to anyone from motorcycleshop.ie. They're not replying to my emails now.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭johnml

Another online option:

motorcycleclothing.ie

They're in Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

I've been ringing around without any joy so can anyone tell me where in Dublin, Kildare or Wicklow I can walk into and buy four litres of Liqui Moly 4T 15w-50 Semi Synthetic oil please?

I got 4l of the 10W 40 in cotters ballymount in fairness could be synthetic as it is in german

Might be worth giving them a ring 01-4603807

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭goblin59

check with cotters, they might have it in

• Advertisement

I got 4l of the 10W 40 in cotters ballymount in fairness could be synthetic as it is in german

Might be worth giving them a ring 01-4603807

Yeah, they don't have 15w-50.

I mentioned that it is marked as "In stock" on their website and was told not to mind that, it hasn't been updated in 6 months!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Yep, checked with them and they don't have it.

Megabikes don't have it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭goblin59

would Castrol power 1 do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goblin59 wrote: »
    would Castrol power 1 do?

What bike have you?
    I use motul 10w40 on most bikes.

• Advertisement

Since I open this thread my account at motorcycleshop.ie has been locked!!

It's my first time to deal them. Has anyone else had such an experience with them?

blade1 wrote: »
    What bike have you?
    I use motul 10w40 on most bikes.

15w-50 is what RE recommend for the Himalayan.

15w-50 is a strange oil spec, one of the more difficult to find, thus the issues. Unless you plan on touring this weekend or something you'd be grand to wait a few days.

I've always found motorcycleshop.ie to be grand to deal with, although they do have this weird Chinese wall between the website and the actual shop - ring the shop and they won't talk about the website. Weird. However, if there are no issues it's fine.

Opie Oils in the UK will definitely have it. They have a good website, every oil under the sun is on it but it'll take a few days to arrive.

15w-50 is what RE recommend for the Himalayan.

I think 10w40 would be fine but it's your bike.
    AFAIK 10w40 is for -10° to +40°.

Kinda but not quite... http://www.driverstechnology.co.uk/oils.htm#:~:text=In%20a%2010w-40%20for,viscosity%2Fflow%20at%20low%20temperature.&text=The%2040%20in%20a%2010w,limits%20at%20100°C.

15w-50 is a strange oil spec, one of the more difficult to find, thus the issues. Unless you plan on touring this weekend or something you'd be grand to wait a few days.

I've always found motorcycleshop.ie to be grand to deal with, although they do have this weird Chinese wall between the website and the actual shop - ring the shop and they won't talk about the website. Weird. However, if there are no issues it's fine.

Opie Oils in the UK will definitely have it. They have a good website, every oil under the sun is on it but it'll take a few days to arrive.

Megabikes have 15w-50 in Motul and I'll get that if can't find Liqui Moly. Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't be at all surprised but that's what's in it, but I didn't put it in :)

Yeah I knew there was more to it than the way I put it.

I wouldn't be at all surprised but that's what's in it, but I didn't put it in :)

Ah yeah, that's understandable.
    You want to treat the bike as good as possible so fair play.

Ah yeah, that's understandable.
    You want to treat the bike as good as possible so fair play.

I actually have enough 10w-40 here from the Yamaha to do the oil change on the Himalayan but I always, but always, follow manufacturer's recommendations for engine oil for my bikes.

The Liqui Moly thing with me is as a result of lots of Himalayan owners using it and swearing that the bike runs smoother, quieter and better gear changes. It's the first oil change I'm doing on this bike and I want to give it a go and see if the claims are real.

I actually have enough 10w-40 here from the Yamaha to do the oil change on the Himalayan but I always, but always, follow manufacturer's recommendations for engine oil for my bikes.

The Liqui Moly thing with me is as a result of lots of Himalayan owners using it and swearing that the bike runs smoother, quieter and better gear changes. It's the first oil change I'm doing on this bike and I want to give it a go and see if the claims are real.

Could do yeah.
    I can tell the difference between motul and silkolene pro on one of my bikes.
    Clutch and gearbox silky smooth with the silkolene pro.
    Costly though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

CJhaughey wrote: »

Brilliant, thank you very much for that. I'll call into them tomorrow.

It also looks a very decent price.

Thanks to everyone who helped me to find the oil I was looking and especially to CJhaughey for locating it for me.

I ordered it online last night choosing “Click and Collect”. I got an email this morning to say it would be ready for collection anytime after 1.30pm from Tallaght Auto Parts. All in all a great experience with Irish Auto Parts and at a great price too.

Irish Auto Parts price - €32.92 for 4 litres.
    Motorcycleshop.ie price €45.00 for 4 litres.

Motorcycleshop.ie (Lee Motorcycles, Cork) thank you very much for taking the hump, cancelling my order and closing my account when I asked why it was taking so long to process. You saved me a few bob and you’ll obviously never see a cent of mine in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Let us know how it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Thanks to everyone who helped me to find the oil I was looking and especially to CJhaughey for locating it for me.

I ordered it online last night choosing “Click and Collect”. I got an email this morning to say it would be ready for collection anytime after 1.30pm from Tallaght Auto Parts. All in all a great experience with Irish Auto Parts and at a great price too.

Irish Auto Parts price - €32.92 for 4 litres.
    Motorcycleshop.ie price €45.00 for 4 litres.

Motorcycleshop.ie (Lee Motorcycles, Cork) thank you very much for taking the hump, cancelling my order and closing my account when I asked why it was taking so long to process. You saved me a few bob and you’ll obviously never see a cent of mine in the future.

Wow, that's quite out of form from what I hear/read about the cust serv set up. Not good.
    Glad you're sorted, and for cheaper.

Advertisement