Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publicans lobby suggests closing the off-licenses

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I think the public should boycott VFI pubs when they're allows reopen.

And I'll lose what little faith I have left in this government ( very very little left) if they start taking public health advice from an organisation designed to sell the most abused drug in Irish society.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

25% off wine in Sainsbury Newry this weekend. ‘Tis cheaper always, anyway. Happy days

Youd want to be getting a fair bit to make it worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Won't be long before Vintners calls for supermarkets/takeaways to be shut so the population can only eat meals in their pubs in a 'safe and controlled environment'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Youd want to be getting a fair bit to make it worthwhile

Not if you live in Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

walshb wrote: »
    We're suffering, you better be suffering!!!!!
    If we can't get our hands on your money, we will make sure nobody else can either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If the Government give heed to this idea then they really have lost the plot.

The VFI need to keep their future customers on side for when they do re open, not piss them off by trying to ban people buying reasonably priced booze at the offie.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

Sooo glad I don't drink anymore, if I did I think I would be spitting nails at the thought of those greasy cnuts couching their venality in concern for public health! You only have to go to a bar in almost any other country to realise how much they and their pocket politicians have been fcuking the punters up the ass without so much as a greasing or reach around for years! See! I'm so much more sanguine now!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If the Government give heed to this idea then they really have lost the plot.

The VFI need to keep their future customers on side for when they do re open, not piss them off by trying to ban people buying reasonably priced booze at the offie.

The thing is not all pubs are signed and paid up members of the VFI. For some of those that are they display a VFI sticker in their window but equally there would be pubs that are members of the VFI but they keep it quiet and dont display the sticker because they know the VFI name is toxic to their customers.

Ive heard rumours before in towns where a new publican comes into the market if he tries undercutting prices there will be a visit from the local VFI reps informing him of how things work around there. They've always been known as quite a militant union, they will protect their patch at all costs even if that means coming out with crazy ideas like closing the off licenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Nice try, narc
    Where's the narc?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

They're at it again
    The Vintners’ Federation of Ireland tweeted: “We all have a duty to behave responsibly.

“Scenes last night in Killarney hugely upsetting for everyone following the guidelines and for publicans desperate to open.”

A Twitter page that represents pubs in Co Kerry posted: “Disgusted for all law-abiding publicans to see scenes like this in Killarney last night, especially while the majority of pubs are still shut down.

“Close down the business that sold them the takeaway pints immediately and enforce the new garda laws.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/killarney-pubs-social-media-footage-5190388-Aug2020/

• Advertisement
Advertisement