Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re iPhone xs battery

Options
  • 28-08-2020 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Picked up a iPhone xs for a present for someone and the battery health is 89 percent..I know I can get a new battery fitted for 75 euro. Is it worth replacing the battery at 89 percent? Would you get much more time out of the phone at 100 percent?

If it's noticeably degraded at 89 percent I'd go for the new battery but if it's not really noticable I'd hold on till it gets to a point it's actually worth doing. Is the percentage accurate? Has it basically lost 10 percent of it's capacity at 89 percent so if it could last ten hours between charges at 100 percent it would be down to 9?

Thanks,
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hi folks,
    Picked up a iPhone xs for a present for someone and the battery health is 89 percent..I know I can get a new battery fitted for 75 euro. Is it worth replacing the battery at 89 percent? Would you get much more time out of the phone at 100 percent?

If it's noticeably degraded at 89 percent I'd go for the new battery but if it's not really noticable I'd hold on till it gets to a point it's actually worth doing. Is the percentage accurate? Has it basically lost 10 percent of it's capacity at 89 percent so if it could last ten hours between charges at 100 percent it would be down to 9?

Thanks,
    Mick

The phone will say a battery change is needed if you go into battery health. Does it say that ? I’d be surprised if it said that at 89 %. Also, that battery health is a estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The phone will say a battery change is needed if you go into battery health. Does it say that ? I’d be surprised if it said that at 89 %. Also, that battery health is a estimate.

No it doesn't say that. I'm more wondering if it's just worth changing to get the maximum experience out of the phone

Advertisement