Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Policy excess and bonus protection query

• 28-08-2020 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Just wondering your advice on two things here, Got quote for insurance, the funny thing was one insurance companywas a lot cheaper bit there difference in bonus protection extra was about €140 compared with another company looking for €680

Also policy excess quoted with €500 , I normally have it at €250 if I want the €250 they want an extra €46 just wondering your views on this is it worth it

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Sorry Mods am i in the wrong forum here?

Guess i am Surprised nobody answered ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

torrevieja wrote: »
    Just wondering your advice on two things here, Got quote for insurance, the funny thing was one insurance companywas a lot cheaper bit there difference in bonus protection extra was about €140 compared with another company looking for €680

Also policy excess quoted with €500 , I normally have it at €250 if I want the €250 they want an extra €46 just wondering your views on this is it worth it

Cheers

Your post doesn't make any sense / is not at all clear.

I'd suggest reposting it and clearing up exactly what it is you are asking.

I will simplify it

Insurer, A Comprehensive Insurance To add bonus protection was an extra €680

Insurer B Comprehensive Insurance with bonus protection was an extra €140

Isn't this a hell of a Difference?

Also Is It worth paying this extra for Lower Excess,

I was quoted insurance including €500 Excess , but to have €250 Excess was another €46 more

Interested in your views

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Either company A don't want your business or they made a mistake. Anytime I renew my insurance there's always 1 or 2 companies who give massive quotes I just move on till I find a company that gives me a reasonable quote.

Can you afford to pay €500 for a claim? If not then yes pay the €46 for €250.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I always look at the total premium to be paid and benefits.

I don't care who ask what for extras unless I add them up and compare the yearly premium.

How they calculate it is for them.

Pick your best option and forget about why, how etc. No point.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Either company A don't want your business or they made a mistake. Anytime I renew my insurance there's always 1 or 2 companies who give massive quotes I just move on till I find a company that gives me a reasonable quote.

Can you afford to pay €500 for a claim? If not then yes pay the €46 for €250.

Thanks for that Del, I'm not sure if I could mention the insurance company here but when I rang back to see if they would drop it down in price because I had a cheaper quote she just said no, not even what was I quoted, they are getting cockey that company, now they have just lost house insurance
    Yeah probably can afford an extra 250 so prob go for that quote now to find House insurance 🀔

Advertisement