Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot install OSX MBP

• 28-08-2020 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have replaced the HDD and I am now unable to reinstall OSX I cannot boot to internet recovery Option-shift-cmd-r doesn’t work I hold all keys upon boot and nothing happens all I get is a flashing ?

It is MBP 2008, I tried making a bootable mojave USB but it will not boot to it. I have a HDD with W10 installed and surprisingly it will boot to that.

Any ideas what I can do maybe please? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

First thing to come to mind would be hardware compatibility issues. What OS were you using pre HD removal; were you still running Mojoave on a 2008 MBP? Also, how did you back up your HD before removal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭stevek93

First thing to come to mind would be hardware compatibility issues. What OS were you using pre HD removal; were you still running Mojoave on a 2008 MBP? Also, how did you back up your HD before removal?

Thanks but I have since sold the MBP. I can't remember the OSX version installed and the HDD packed in so I lost the recovery partition.

Advertisement