Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cocaine etc is everywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

kenmm wrote: »
    I'd say there's a chance in a touristy as **** area like that. Been offered out in the open street in temple bar before.
    F knows what ****e it is tho..

Lived in a couple of touristy places all my life - never been offered drugs of any description. Indeed been to "touristy" places, including temple bar on many occassions, never been offered drugs - let along three times on the same night.
    Not saying drugs arent out there - of course they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

kippy wrote: »
    Lived in a couple of touristy places all my life - never been offered drugs of any description. Indeed been to "touristy" places, including temple bar on many occassions, never been offered drugs - let along three times on the same night.

Three is a lot on one night. But who knows these days. Coke is pretty widespread.

Not to say anything about the posters friends, maybe you look too clean cut :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

It's one of those things where people who do it think everyone does it, but only because they kind of self select their social groups to mix with other cocaine users. I went through most of my life never having tried it or even seen it, and I'm not sheltered. Have lived in loads of house shares, different countries and it was never widespread.

I've seen more of it since I came to London but it's still a minority. People were doing it in a bedroom at a NYE party I went to and I went in to see out of curiosity, but it was only the same 4-6 people doing it out of about 50 guests.

So for me the answer is, it's always around if you want it, like pretty much anything, but I wouldn't say everyone does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

kippy wrote: »

Go to Lisbon, you will get plenty of offers...damn annoying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I think people doing hard drugs are pretty pathetic to be honest.

poisonated wrote: »

Only hard drugs? Let me guess, weed and alcohol are ok?

Curious- why generalise - do you think ALL people doing 'hard' drugs are pathetic? What makes you say that?

Only hard drugs? Let me guess, weed and alcohol are ok?

Curious- why generalise - do you think ALL people doing 'hard' drugs are pathetic? What makes you say that?

I think alcohol is ok. I think cocaine is not. I say that because I think they are, in part, responsible for these gangland feuds. Do you disagree with that?

I think alcohol is ok. I think cockiness is not. I say that because I think they are, in part, responsible for these gangland feuds. Do you disagree with that?

No it's a good point, that's why I was asking! I mean the ethics behind it has been touched upon and is a reason why taking drugs, knowing people die for it, makes you a bit if a dick.

Probably the same as buying Apple or other electronic goods or clothes from penny's. Probably.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

I wouldn't say cocaine is everywhere, I'd day cocaine bulking agent's are everywhere with a bit of speed added.

Bottom dweller dealer's are not selling coke per se. False advertising lol.

No it's a good point, that's why I was asking! I mean the ethics behind it has been touched upon and is a reason why taking drugs, knowing people die for it, makes you a bit if a dick.

Probably the same as buying Apple or other electronic goods or clothes from penny's. Probably.

Yeah. I suppose if you think about it is almost as bad buying many consumer products from companies who exploit labourers. I still think drug buyers are worse due to the legal obligations those who manufacture consumer products are under(all be it minimal in some countries).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

Do u think Kate Moss, Keith Richards and Diego Maradona are pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Limpy wrote: »
    I wouldn't say cocaine is everywhere, I'd day cocaine bulking agent's are everywhere with a bit of speed added.

Bottom dweller dealer's are not selling coke per se. False advertising lol.

You can't get good coke in this town

Tomaldo wrote: »
    Do u think Kate Moss, Keith Richards and Diego Maradona are pathetic.

Is that a trick question? The answer is a resounding yes(for their hard drug use). It doesn’t mean they aren’t talented.

I think alcohol is ok. I think cockiness is not. I say that because I think they are, in part, responsible for these gangland feuds. Do you disagree with that?

If u were so concerned about gangland feuds, u shud want the War on Drugs to end immediately. Where and when has prohibition ever worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I think alcohol is ok. I think cocaine is not. I say that because I think they are, in part, responsible for these gangland feuds. Do you disagree with that?

Alcohol can cos more aggro than drugs depending on the person but ye it’s ok

• Registered Users Posts: 48 genius200iq

Fact, drugs are not pushed, they are not advertised, you must seek them out.
    There are no dealers giving away free bags of cocaine to get kids hooked.
    Everyone doing cocaine has chosen to do so, they where not tricked into it.

If u were so concerned about gangland feuds, u shud want the War on Drugs to end immediately. Where and when has prohibition ever worked.

I agree to a certain extent that decriminalisation of drugs can work. However, that does not mean that those contributing money to drug dealers who kill each other (at present) are good people.

Fact, drugs are not pushed, they are not advertised, you must seek them out.
    There are no dealers giving away free bags of cocaine to get kids hooked.
    Everyone doing cocaine has chosen to do so, they where not tricked into it.

Are you for real? Drugs are definitely pushed. Not in a commercial sense of course but those who go around pubs offering drugs are definitely drug pushers.

Are you for real? Drugs are definitely pushed. Not in a commercial sense of course but those who go around pubs offering drugs are definitely drug pushers.

Nonsense, drugs are not pushed on some innocence, users are those who want to try them.
    I have never seen or heard of a dealer trying to seal the deal with someone who did not bite at the first offer.
    If you want it, fine here it is, if not the dealer is on their way to find a willing customer.

• Advertisement

Nonsense, drugs are not pushed on some innocence, users are those who want to try them.
    I have never seen or heard of a dealer trying to seal the deal with someone who did not bite at the first offer.
    If you want it, fine here it is, if not the dealer is on their way to find a willing customer.

Whatever helps you sleep at night sweetcheeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Prohibition has worked in many situations and places. Prohibition of smoking in the work place, in pubs and on public transport has overwhelmingly worked. The war on drink driving in recent years has also worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

I don’t think anyone is better off by taking cocaine .... they get a bit of a buzz for a few minutes .... can’t be good for the body long term , going from a state of normal to wired to the moon in such a short time . Has to be frying parts of your brain which is not good for people in later years . Plus you spend a lot of money many people don’t really have .
    Watched a known cocaine user last night in the shop buying the cheapest bread and cheapest wafer thin slices of ham to make sandwiches for his children going to school today whilst he probably spend a couple of hundred of euro he doesn’t have on cocaine last weekend . Sad what cocaine does to people’s priorities

LuasSimon wrote: »
    I don’t think anyone is better off by taking cocaine .... they get a bit of a buzz for a few minutes .... can’t be good for the body long term , going from a state of normal to wired to the moon in such a short time . Has to be frying parts of your brain which is not good for people in later years . Plus you spend a lot of money many people don’t really have .
    Watched a known cocaine user last night in the shop buying the cheapest bread and cheapest wafer thin slices of ham to make sandwiches for his children going to school today whilst he probably spend a couple of hundred of euro he doesn’t have on cocaine last weekend . Sad what cocaine does to people’s priorities

I’m anti hard drugs but the same could definitely be said about alcohol(I know you’re not saying otherwise).

I have ocd and was in a psych hospital but was put in a wing for drug/alcohol addicts and the person who shared a room with me told me that his drug dealer was outside in the parking lot of the hospital trying to get him drugs so you are definitely wrong.

Is that a trick question? The answer is a resounding yes(for their hard drug use). It doesn’t mean they aren’t talented.

I sarcastically agree Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger made millions from their music, received knighthoods and 'dated' the most most beautiful women on this planet. Using drugs totally ruined their lives.

• Advertisement

Whatever helps you sleep at night sweetcheeks

You are just showing your ignorance of how drug sales go down

I have ocd and was in a psych hospital but was put in a wing for drug/alcohol addicts and the person who shared a room with me told me that his drug dealer was outside in the parking lot of the hospital trying to get him drugs so you are definitely wrong.

Psych hospital, delusional, dealer was probably a KGB agent as well.
    You can spot people who have never had any real contact with drugs as they just repeat the same old nonsense.
    Dealers do not push drugs on the unwilling.

Prohibition has worked in many situations and places. Prohibition of smoking in the work place, in pubs and on public transport has overwhelmingly worked. The war on drink driving in recent years has also worked.

I agree with alll that, but what's ur problem with me, I don'r drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I sarcastically agree Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger made millions from their music, received knighthoods and 'dated' the most most beautiful women on this planet. Using drugs totally ruined their lives.

That says more about women and money...than it does about drugs!?

I agree with the smoking ban and drink-driving (not drinking), what's ur point.

• Advertisement

People take drugs because they are good and they like the effect
    I'v been offered to purchase drugs many times, and i have said no thanks.
    The dealer has moved on, zero pressure, why would they waste time on me when there are plenty of people seeking their product?
    The myth of the drug pusher only exists in the mind of people who have never been exposed to drugs.
    Best way for you to understand is that bookies don't drag you into their shop and make you bet, gamblers chose to bet because they enjoy it, some become addicted, most enjoy a occasional bet, drugs are no different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think you need to make sure that you are in a good place. It all depends on your endorphins and peptides at the end of the day. Everything in moderation including moderation. Careful crossing the road with the evenings curling in. If you are hitting the psilocybin be careful and ignore the stomach cramps, just take deep breaths and let your mind flow with it. The toadstool ones should not be touched, they belong to Dougal and Mr Zebedee and Bagpuss. Leave the big red ones with the white dots well alone. In fact if you come across one contact a botanist immediately.

I know Hunter S Thompson was famous for getting wired when he was writing, but what sort of thought word and deed was he articulating his page with? I found Fear and Loathing in las Vegas a struggle and didn't finish it. Am I bereft of intellectuality because I was not entertained by the ramblings of a middle aged man after necking Chivas and his regimented lines in every day? Did anyone miss something there at all? I have read 1000's of better books all told.

I witnessed Houilhan write a critque analysis of the perplexities of watching into the wind from the Killinan end in mid February in sideways rain. He never was fond of the league, a purist you see, they are everywhere. But it is the dedication that only a real sports fan can muster, eating wet hang sambos on your own the day after Valentines night. Thing is, he wrote it from the confines of Poolbeg street while nursing a real and genuine pint of stout. Not a line of banger in site and what would he be doing? The dude lived a full life and watching him writing was a pleasure, if not so much for the printers, he was notoriously late in posting and I saw many a grown typist cry.

Which brings me finally to why people feel the need to get wired now and then? Actually I think the answer is straightforward, as it happens people do need to unwind in many different ways. For some people that means chasing lines down the jacks, please knock yourself out. But be careful of your peptides, they need respect too. They were only classified medically in 1974. They will have the answers to many of human behaviours, be careful when you look that minor piece of information up, it may or may not make a difference to how your endorphins are being released currently. It is simply to early to tell.

They had unlimited funds to purchase drugs so weren’t impacting on other things that needed to be bought . They also would have access to the best of drug treatment if their drug usage got too much . Most average drug users spend more than they can afford leaving no money for core purchases and they can’t afford proper medical treatment when their brain is damaged or if they start to feel paranoid , depressed or suicidal.

The dealer has moved on, zero pressure, why would they waste time on me when there are plenty of people seeking their product?
    The myth of the drug pusher only exists in the mind of people who have never been exposed to drugs.
    Best way for you to understand is that bookies don't drag you into their shop and make you bet, gamblers chose to bet because they enjoy it, some become addicted, most enjoy a occasional bet, drugs are no different.

I watched a local traveller drug dealer giving out free small sachets of cocaine( enough for one line ) last year at the secondary school the day of the junior very results telling the teenagers here was a line on him to celebrate their results . A third of those students now are cocaine users netting him hundreds per week all coming out of their parents purses or their part time job money .
    The same dealer sits in the local pubs as middle of the road 18-20 year olds have their first pints and when they get boozed he’s over to them with similar free sachets to try some cocaine on him . Most of them end up hooked and spend all the money they have or don’t have on cocaine . It has destroyed dozens of families in a small town as children Rob their parents to feed their cocaine habit or the parents end up with the drug dealers men threatening to burn their houses down if they don’t come up with 5 grand that Johny or Mary allegedly owes him . There is no garda station and the town is destroyed from drug usage .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Most average drug users spend more than they can afford leaving no money for core purchases and they can’t afford proper medical treatment when their brain is damaged or if they start to feel paranoid , depressed or suicidal.

What? Most average drug users absolutely do not do this.

I watched a local traveller drug dealer giving out free small sachets of cocaine( enough for one line ) last year at the secondary school the day of the junior very results telling the teenagers here was a line on him to celebrate their results . A third of those students now are cocaine users netting him hundreds per week all coming out of their parents purses or their part time job money .
    The same dealer sits in the local pubs as middle of the road 18-20 year olds have their first pints and when they get boozed he’s over to them with similar free sachets to try some cocaine on him . Most of them end up hooked and spend all the money they have or don’t have on cocaine . It has destroyed dozens of families in a small town as children Rob their parents to feed their cocaine habit or the parents end up with the drug dealers men threatening to burn their houses down if they don’t come up with 5 grand that Johny or Mary allegedly owes him . There is no garda station and the town is destroyed from drug usage .

And what did the police say when you called them?
    Because I'm pretty sure, despite my usual instinct to not get involved in random s**t happening in the Street, if I was close enough to witness and hear someone giving out drugs (coke no less!) to school children I'd definitely call the Gardai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Goddammit , here's me thinking drug use and abuse is the result of a myriad of factors ...environmental, societal, trauma both underlying and present , poor coping skills, lack of education and so on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

It was like a few of you were sampling cocaine last night.

Keep it civil & don't engage in onthread squabbling.

Posts deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

1/3 of every Student he gave cocaine too, has ended up addicted basically? Thats some statement.

I was offered cocaine hundreds of times by people in pubs/parties, and if you dont want anything a very simple no thanks will do.

1/3 of every Student he gave cocaine too, has ended up addicted basically? Thats some statement.

I was offered cocaine hundreds of times by people in pubs/parties, and if you dont want anything a very simple no thanks will do.

It’s hard to quantify a third a fifth or exact percentage but put it this way there’s a lot of what would be this years leaving cert class taking cocaine regularly . Their would be a son and daughter of the same traveller drug dealer going to school solely for the purpose of selling the cocaine and collecting money off the students doing coke . There’s no garda station locally and the one quite a number of miles away your supposed to ring don’t care or have enough problems in the town their based . There’s a generation in rural ireland been wiped out from cocaine use and the peer pressure to take it etc is massive , students from family’s that never touched drugs are now robbing their parents to pay for their cocaine , its either that or get slashed at lunch break at school or after school .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It’s hard to quantify a third a fifth or exact percentage but put it this way there’s a lot of what would be this years leaving cert class taking cocaine regularly . Their would be a son and daughter of the same traveller drug dealer going to school solely for the purpose of selling the cocaine and collecting money off the students doing coke . There’s no garda station locally and the one quite a number of miles away your supposed to ring don’t care or have enough problems in the town their based . There’s a generation in rural ireland been wiped out from cocaine use and the peer pressure to take it etc is massive , students from family’s that never touched drugs are now robbing their parents to pay for their cocaine , its either that or get slashed at lunch break at school or after school .

What county is this happening in?
    I must have my eyes closed but I generally dont hear of or see students getting slashed at school or after school as a result of drugs debts.

So you rang them and they didn't do anything?
    I'd be pretty p!ssed off in that case and would definitely follow up. Especially since you seen it in such detail.

What about the school head? I think you should probably try them too. They would probably have a bit more sway to get the police involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I've wanted to get my hands on speed (regular dextro-amphetamine, also known as Adderall in the US and Vyvanse in Ireland and not to be confused with methamphetamine) for several years to deal with ADHD issues and it's very strange - seems almost impossible to non-existent in the black market here even though more dangerous stuff like meth and coke is common as muck and quite easy to source if you ask around. Ask for regular old fashioned speed and people half the time just don't even know what you're talking about.

Just an interesting observation since amphetamine is actually licensed for medical use in most places in the world (even here in Ireland although almost impossible to get a prescription) and yet it seems so much harder to get than stuff which is generally illegal everywhere and thus one would have assumed a lot harder to smuggle or manufacture in a clandestine manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

You could be dropped into the remotest part of Ireland and within 20 mins you could have collection arrange.

Dont believe it? Ask Joshua Allen from Ballymaloe, relish is extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

What channel was this on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I've wanted to get my hands on speed (regular dextro-amphetamine, also known as Adderall in the US and Vyvanse in Ireland and not to be confused with methamphetamine) for several years to deal with ADHD issues and it's very strange - seems almost impossible to non-existent in the black market here even though more dangerous stuff like meth and coke is common as muck and quite easy to source if you ask around. Ask for regular old fashioned speed and people half the time just don't even know what you're talking about.

Just an interesting observation since amphetamine is actually licensed for medical use in most places in the world (even here in Ireland although almost impossible to get a prescription) and yet it seems so much harder to get than stuff which is generally illegal everywhere and thus one would have assumed a lot harder to smuggle or manufacture in a clandestine manner.

Loads of websites out there and you will have it delivered in 2/3 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭pgj2015

would you not report the traveller dealer?

or burn his house down, with him in it.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    would you not report the traveller dealer?

or burn his house down, with him in it.

I would totally report that dealer if they existed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I would totally report that dealer if they existed.

This. But I lost whatever belief I had when he said the knackers were only in school to deal. Pleeeeeeeeeraaaaaaaaassssssse.

You would hope if someone is cute enough to run a drug dealing network within a secondary school that they would have at least one eye on college?

Most drug dealers are very smart people. If you are not smart enough for that game you are doooooomed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Loads of websites out there and you will have it delivered in 2/3 days

Second this. Just buy online. Let it come to you. No dealing with rough crowd

Advertisement