Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird alarm problem

Options
  • 29-08-2020 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can he’ll me.

I have a Maltese terrier and she wakes us up marking in the morning is we aren’t up by around 8am. That parts fine. But over the last few weeks if we leave her barking a minute or two the house alarm has gone off. Probably happened 6 times in last two weeks.
    Each time the panel says “kitchen alarm pulse”. What’s happening here? We don’t have motion detectors in the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

'Pulse' would indicate a shock sensor. On a window maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

jarvis wrote: »
    Hoping someone can he’ll me.

I have a Maltese terrier and she wakes us up marking in the morning is we aren’t up by around 8am. That parts fine. But over the last few weeks if we leave her barking a minute or two the house alarm has gone off. Probably happened 6 times in last two weeks.
    Each time the panel says “kitchen alarm pulse”. What’s happening here? We don’t have motion detectors in the house.

That is not at all a strange occurrence, dogs barking inside a house can certainly activate an alarm system.

How old is the alarm system?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Likely not the hour to do it, but someone isnt testing your alarm by any chance, in the hope that you turn it off thinking its faulty, and your dog is actually alerting you to this presence.
    My own dog does not bark (very infrequent), but when some of the feral cats start quarreling outside, I can hear her groaning, growling and ultimately barking. Even before or if we dont hear them,
    If I havent heard them myself, sometimes a quick scan of my cameras tells me a cat was just walking around the outside of the house, my dog just notices this.

Advertisement