Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should people who dont follow guidelines lose their jobs/welfare

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Limit legal aid payments.

So how do those who cannot afford representation, afford it? Should legal representation be for only certain classes?
    Stop welfare completely when inside. At the moment it's only after 2 weeks

What if offenders have external responsibilities, partner, kids etc? What do offenders do upon release, if they don't have any sort of financial support?
    Take fines at source. Start at 10% and work up. If the continue to recieven fines, bye bye dole

What is the most likely outcome of such actions?
    Evict continued anti social behavior without rehoming. I'm not an ogre, let's say 3 times rehoused and your done

What happens after the 3rd warning?

Maximum payment under both child benefit and single parent. Capped at I dunno, 4 kids? That's higher than most families

What happens if there is an excess of 5 kids?
    Have a start likes 3 strikes. Not the severe but say, ten? Keeping them inside to do a sentence would be cheaper than housing and feeding them on the outside old the cost of their revolving door court appearance

So incarceration is the cheapest option, for the taxpayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Is that rhetorical? Recursively , is this ?

So, twas the easiest example to demonstrate the principle that I only paid for the call credit, nothing more , only that.

Some may think they pay their tax and are entitled having the money spent on whatever they choose in preference to whatever is good for everybody, they aren't. LLLLLefty!

No - you tried to use the velocity of money as a way to promote the potential power and effects of your €10 purchase. It is a nonsense concept as most governments confiscate and redistribute part of the money spent with each transaction. For example, income tax. I get paid €10. I pay income tax at 20%. I now have €8. My hair cut was €8. The barber pays income tax at 20%. He now has €6.40. The €10 is disappearing up its own arse very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Taxation is the source of income rather than the terminology for the asset of the peoples' wealth.

A private individual or a household's wealth is their own business - these are not in public ownership. Public funds are largely made up from various taxes wealth as I pointed out in my previous post. Adam Smith wrote about Sources of the General or Public Revenue of the Society.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I do 6 in a day regularly
    I can do three in under 20 minutes!:D

A private individual or a household's wealth is their own business - these are not in public ownership. Public funds are largely made up from various taxes wealth as I pointed out in my previous post. Adam Smith wrote about Sources of the General or Public Revenue of the Society.

it is interesting to hear some commentators believe, smiths idea of the free market actually wasnt what we currently have, i.e. free from rent!

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    So how do those who cannot afford representation, afford it? Should legal representation be for only certain classes?

What if offenders have external responsibilities, partner, kids etc? What do offenders do upon release, if they don't have any sort of financial support?

What is the most likely outcome of such actions?

What happens after the 3rd warning?

What happens if there is an excess of 5 kids?

So incarceration is the cheapest option, for the taxpayer?

You see, your anti everything so don't listen. Just continue to throw money at criminal parasites who laugh at you.

You see, your anti everything so don't listen. Just continue to throw money at criminal parasites who laugh at you.

please explain?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    please explain?

Every post I see from you is negative and against an idea. So much so that up take a comment and run with it beyond it's intent.

Like my first one, limit legal aid I said and to them start alledging I'm taking about leaving people without a defence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Electronic Writer

No - you tried to use the velocity of money as a way to promote the potential power and effects of your €10 purchase.

My point is that I paid €10 for call credit. That's all I paid for.

Taxpayers pay their taxes.

They don't pay for the fancy footpath outside their property in a county council upgrade.

They don't pay the wages of the country lads doing the work.

They don't even pay for the beer the lads will drink when they go home to tipperary at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Electronic Writer

I don't dispute where public funds come from. Public funds are not tax. Labeling them as tax legitimises the views of those who pay tax about how they should be spent as opposed to the views of all people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement