Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT on tiles and flooring

Options
  • 29-08-2020 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi

Just wanted to double check before we go ahead but we got a quote from the local tile/floor shop for supply and fitting of laminate flooring and tiles throughout our house. On the shop floor the laminate flooring was marked at 33sq/ye but on the quote there is 13.5% VAT on top of that. There is also VAT added to the labour cost. From what I can see when tile shops supply and fit they are subject to the lower rate of VAT so is it possible that the prices on shop floor were VAT free as some purchasers may have to pay higher rate of VAT? I just want to make sure we aren't being conned but the shop is going for years so seems pretty legit!

Thanks in advance! Hopefully my question makes sense!

Advertisement