Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black moor & swim bladder disease

• 29-08-2020 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi I’ve a black moor & I noticed a while back he was hiding at the bottom of the tank under the ornaments a lot. Went on holiday a few weeks ago and came back to notice he was floating upside down and really bloated. I looked this up and came to the conclusion he probably has swim bladder disease. I tried feeding him small amounts of pea as advised online but this hasn’t made any difference. The poor guy is literally stuck at the bottom of the tank barely moving now. I don’t know what to do to help him. Anyone any ideas thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

treascon wrote: »
    Hi I’ve a black moor & I noticed a while back he was hiding at the bottom of the tank under the ornaments a lot. Went on holiday a few weeks ago and came back to notice he was floating upside down and really bloated. I looked this up and came to the conclusion he probably has swim bladder disease. I tried feeding him small amounts of pea as advised online but this hasn’t made any difference. The poor guy is literally stuck at the bottom of the tank barely moving now. I don’t know what to do to help him. Anyone any ideas thanks

There’s not much you can do that’ll work.
    Is there other fish in the tank?you will need to treat it with anti bacteria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭treascon

Yes 2 other goldfish. Not a bother with them. I assume I would have to separate them if I were to get hold of some sort of treatment?

Advertisement