Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend plants, shrubs, bushes

Options
  • 29-08-2020 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi all

Recently did a little DIY on back garden and created raised beds. Looking for ideas on what to put in them. Love hydregea and Rose bushes. Are they suitable for raised beds? What else could go in, look well and add colour etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

More photos

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

They look very nice! Presumably they are open to the soil underneath? Hydrangea might be a bit big for them but roses would be lovely. I'd be inclined to stick with one type of plant rather than a mixed border and roses would suit. You might put in some low growing bulbs - dwarf daffodils, hyacinths, crocus along the front for a bit of early colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

looksee wrote: »
    They look very nice! Presumably they are open to the soil underneath? Hydrangea might be a bit big for them but roses would be lovely. I'd be inclined to stick with one type of plant rather than a mixed border and roses would suit. You might put in some low growing bulbs - dwarf daffodils, hyacinths, crocus along the front for a bit of early colour.

Thanks, yes it's open to the ground below. There is approx 80cm between wall and inside edge of sleeper. In the corner there is a lot more space and that is where I was thinking hydrangea. Good idea Re bulbs will definately do that.

Advertisement