Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Door saddle for floating wooden floor

• 29-08-2020 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭

My wooden floor is raised one inch off my tiles.

I would like to replace the current reducer with something with a gentle sloping angle so my robot hoover could travel over and back.

Pine finish preferred.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,142 ✭✭✭✭listermint

purchase a saddle board OR use the one that came up. Chop it in half. Install. Finish to your liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭The lips

I have uploaded a photo of the reducer/saddle I am removing.

It has a near vertical angle on it and some overlap on the wood flooring.

Would i get a 1 inch saddle board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭policarp

listermint wrote: »
    purchase a saddle board OR use the one that came up. Chop it in half. Install. Finish to your liking.

Most saddle boards are three quarters of an inch and the height difference seems to be an inch.
    Packers maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭policarp

Most saddle boards are three quarters of an inch and the increment here seems to be an inch.
    If the vacuuming machine can clime a gap of one inch then no problem.
    If not then chamfer the floor to the required gradient including the saddle.

If that makes sense

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+1
    This is exactly what I did. See link:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114314817&postcount=9

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »

Is there a height difference between the two floors there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,142 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Use Packers or you can lift it the extra and use a metal angle runner on the front face on the lower side. Brass or steel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The lips wrote: »
    Is there a height difference between the two floors there?

Yes. The wooden floor is higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

IF you are not wedded to timber then consider an alu profile, much wider range.
    else go with the timber on the tile side and then use a suitable alu profile to take up the gap and finish it off against the timber floor

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

I would consider any material, where would i buy an aluminium saddle or profile section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,747 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The lips wrote: »
    I would consider any material, where would i buy an aluminium saddle or profile section?

Any shop that sells flooring should have it.

Advertisement