Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made this

• 29-08-2020 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

What animal what this mess all over the garden looks like vomit to me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Another pic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

could be a slime mould?
    there's actually one called dog vomit slime mould.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Yellow stuff there this morning is it dangerous and where it come from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

maybe a fox regurgitating ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

again, google dog vomit slime mould, the second photo looks very similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, there are all kinds of slime moulds and they all look equally weird / other-worldly / disgusting etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Velvet shank

Mucilago crustacea, a slime mold as suggested above. Totally harmless, will be gone after a good shower of rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Farmer Dan

Would anyone be able to identify what animal made this please? TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Farmer Dan

Thanks Igotadose. No cats around that I know of & only seen it in 2 locations within the last week. Colour is unusual and seems to be grains or nuts in it. Found outside chicken coup so was wondering what had been around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Could well be marten scat. Watch your birds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Same goes whatever it is! Mind your birds as with scat that size..

Not marten.. google will put up a whole page of possibilities if you ask for animal scat/dropping images..sorry I have to go.. fascinating stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Why not Marten? I have a good bit of knowledge about such things. For me, Marten, would be most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

If Pine martens have been eating meat, their scat is darker than this and contains tiny bones etc.

If they have been eating fruit (which they like) it could be paler, like in your pic, and contain the seeds of the fruit.

To me this looks more like a fox that has been eating something yellow - I'm serious: They are opportunistic feeders and will try almost anything. The size seems large for pine martens.

Advertisement