Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

105 mins and a substantial meal, my arse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Masala

Jackman25 wrote: »
    Something really creepy about videoing people slyly and sharing it all over the Internet then.

Ya.... why do people post these videos????? Like the lads in Temple Bar in March and rge government closed ALL pubs in Ireland as a result of one rogue pub.

Is he getting a kick on seeing the number of views he can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,826 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Did the lad on the phonebox get his clothes back I wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

I think the commentary on this thread says a lot. People have changed so much in the last 4-8 weeks.

The game is up, we need to get back to living and get out of this crazed hysteria.

This can be achieved responsibly - unfortunately the Irish were sold a dud, we were sold that we would shut down for 2 months and return to normal but this was never sustainable.

The fact our government take action because of a tweet, a thread on boards or a day upswing in covid cases illustrates just how nuts things have become.

It is going to be a long long winter.

Yeah the government read boards and base policy on that. Course.

The delusion on ya ffs.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Social distancing isn't going to last. People are fed up and rightly so. What happened in Killarney is happening up and down the country every day, whether people are at mass, or restaurants or wherever. This year has been a write off for many. We're going to have to live with this virus.

Well then we need to close restaurants and stop mass again (though it’s not my experience of mass people are social distancing, restaurants are a joke and should be all closed).

“Fed up” isn’t good enough, people need to cop on. It’s not hard to social distance if you don’t put yourself in situations where you are close to other people. I can’t believe how little respect people have for this virus. So what if the year is written off get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Putting the comma where you put it in the thread title makes it sound like your arse is the substantial meal.

Yeah, should have been a colon. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Any updates on the blonde in leather trousers.

Better check in with Creepy Con who took the video. He probably has her locked in a basement by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any updates on the blonde in leather trousers.

Daniela Healy Rae is needing help out of those pants :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    You are spot on, that is exactly what I am insinuating.

50+ crowds attending mass all over the country today as well. Singing and shaking hands.

Too many people handing out beatings to drinkers, easy targets all things considered.

Singing and the sign of the peace are against the recommendation of both CofI and the RC Church. Eucharistic might even be advised against. Plus social distancing as well......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Well then we need to close restaurants and stop mass again (though it’s not my experience of mass people are social distancing, restaurants are a joke and should be all closed).

“Fed up” isn’t good enough, people need to cop on. It’s not hard to social distance if you don’t put yourself in situations where you are close to other people. I can’t believe how little respect people have for this virus. So what if the year is written off get over it.

You're the lad who says he drives after a few pints which is a lot more dangerous than a few young people letting off a bit of steam and doing no harm to anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Cyrus wrote: »
    Waiting on a thread examining his movements over the last 3 weeks and seeking his resignation from his job and loss of pensions accrued :D

He'll probably claim he's an alcoholic and need's treatment.
    Then get help, sort his life out and get on with his life.

Seriously that's not normal behaviour, he was off his tits literally :)

Alcohol is for relaxation and loosening up not making a total clown of yourself.

I feel sorry for the chap, he definitely wasn't aware of the consequences.

What he was up to was harmless, it would be worse if he was kicking someone in the head when they were on the ground or throwing someone through Dinjoes window.

Poor creature, he's probably going through the horror's this morning.

I wish him well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Why do fat girls always wear tight clorhes.

There are sex workers who wouldn't be seen in some of those outfits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You're the lad who says he drives after a few pints which is a lot more dangerous than a few young people letting off a bit of steam and doing no harm to anyone.

He's a 35 year old married man who lives with his mammy and not his wife, who would be calling these lads legends if it was any other time....... He still hasn't answered what guidelines they've broken.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Daniela Healy Rae is needing help out of those pants :D

I’m always willing to help a damsel in distress.

I’m always willing to help a damsel in distress.

That's the problem with White Knights, they're usually only interested in damsels in distress with the wrong intentions.

Find yourself a woman whose independent tough, throw a few ****s at you and put you in your place.

Damsels in distress will break your nuts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

That's twice you've mentioned "catching aids from a toilet seat" and have referenced it to the ongoing pandemic.

It’s a valid analogy to what extreme of the precautions people felt were necessary in the 80’s in the absence of looking at the science
    wrote:
    In this context, saying that a large group of people not socially distancing/following guidelines/observing even a modicum of common sense is irresponsible is nowhere nearly akin to claiming you could catch aids from a toilet seat.

Are you trying to suggest that anyone who thinks that there shouldn't be throngs of drunken people congregating without social distancing and shouting mere inches away from each others faces are being hysterical?

As I said in a previous post, the party goers aren’t the finest example of the people of our nation. But again we need to look at the science. The outdoors is far less risky than indoors. One study shows its 20 times less risky outdoors (the study included known COVID sufferers). Super-spreading events and secondary transmission occur overwhelmingly in indoor settings.

Another study involving 7324 infected people saw only outbreak occur within the sample and from that outbreak only 2 people were infected.

These are just 2 studies, there’s more there and that’s just exclusive to C19. We already have a wealth of knowledge on the behaviour of viruses and transmission.

I guess we will know if last night’s event caused any outbreaks within the next 14 days. if i was a betting man, I’d bet chances are slim but we will find out soon enough

Again a footnote, this doesn’t mean that we should let our guard down outdoors. Caution always necessary but panic is not

faceman wrote: »
    It’s a valid analogy to what extreme of the precautions people felt were necessary in the 80’s in the absence of looking at the science

As I said in a previous post, the party goers aren’t the finest example of the people of our nation. But again we need to look at the science. The outdoors is far less risky than indoors. One study shows its 20 times less risky outdoors (the study included known COVID sufferers). Super-spreading events and secondary transmission occur overwhelmingly in indoor settings.

Another study involving 7324 infected people saw only outbreak occur within the sample and from that outbreak only 2 people were infected.

These are just 2 studies, there’s more there and that’s just exclusive to C19. We already have a wealth of knowledge on the behaviour of viruses and transmission.

I guess we will know if last night’s event caused any outbreaks within the next 14 days. if i was a betting man, I’d bet chances are slim but we will find out soon enough

Again a footnote, this doesn’t mean that we should let our guard down outdoors. Caution always necessary but panic is not

I don't think it's an extreme precaution to ask people to forego acting the ****ing idiot in close proximity to strangers and to ask them to continue practicing social distance until we have a proper handle of what's going on. It's not panic to expect or hope that people would err on the side on caution and be a little angry when they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Some lad found unconscious in killarney last night on the news there few mins ago.

They guy is dead not unconscious

nthclare wrote: »
    That's the problem with White Knights, they're usually only interested in damsels in distress with the wrong intentions.

Find yourself a woman whose independent tough, throw a few ****s at you and put you in your place.

Damsels in distress will break your nuts.

Plus you’ll be arrested when they come round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

We're not going to defeat the virus by social distancing. Cant be done.

We flattened the curve, the HSE wasn't overwhelmed, it's actually better than before now the bed blocking f*ckers and worried well are staying away.

People aren't going to wait years for a mass rollout of a vaccine.
    So the only option now is to live with it and deal with it the best we can. Isolating and putting life on pause doesn't cut it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Social distancing isn't going to last. People are fed up and rightly so. What happened in Killarney is happening up and down the country every day, whether people are at mass, or restaurants or wherever. This year has been a write off for many. We're going to have to live with this virus.

When you actually look at the numbers and realise that nearly all deaths were people 80+, 1/3 of cases were HCPs, near all the cases over the last few weeks are clusters, it doesn't make sense any more to live in fear.

Living with the virus doesn't mean a free for all and taking no precautions.

We can live fairly normal lives with the virus but still take actions to reduce it's spread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Covid or not that kind of mullarkey in the middle of a street is woeful. I think some poor lad died but not sure if it was associated with this episode.

But the Gardai are nowhere to be seen. Look, it means nothing to me but sends a signal out to everyone that this type of thing is OK.

It really isn't Covid or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

We can live fairly normal lives with the virus but still take actions to reduce it's spread.

Depends how you define normal.
    This year is definitely not normal, especially if you're late teens, early 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

[url] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNtP_faKziU/&t=0m36s[/url]

More shocking scenes from nearby Tralee last night :(

We're not going to defeat the virus by social distancing. Cant be done.

We flattened the curve, the HSE wasn't overwhelmed, it's actually better than before now the bed blocking f*ckers and worried well are staying away.

People aren't going to wait years for a mass rollout of a vaccine.
    So the only option now is to live with it and deal with it the best we can. Isolating and putting life on pause doesn't cut it anymore.

Putting people on ventilators who weren't too bad ain't going to work either.

I remember all the fuss at the start about ventilators and a world shortage.
    Now that's all gone by the way side.

People are just isolating for two weeks, chilling out getting rested and usually they're fine.

You'll notice that the headlines about people dying are "with covid 19" not "of Covid 19"

A Steam roller is more deadly to the average person, but we won't go down that route.

https://youtu.be/GNtP_faKziU/&t=0m36s

More shocking scenes from nearby Tralee last night :(

The Culchies are going mad alright. Dublin with 1.5 million or so is relatively safe from this kind of thing.

Very sorry to hear about the lad that died in Killarney, I hope the Gardai were not just eating doughnuts in the barracks while this was going on. Covid or not it was mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

this stuff is pathetic at this stage.

we really need to get over this hysteria, i think we slowly are.

the lads might be dicks but stop videoing randome ppl and trying to shame them

You won’t shame them because you can’t. People like that have no shame.

Why not film them ? They are in a public place, therefore they can have no legal expectation to privacy.

Look on YouTube, there are literally millions of videos of people at social events, public places, nights out, enjoying themselves...

Pre covid, nobody blinks.

Post covid.. “ohhh cameras away, it’s wrong to film”

You can’t shame people with a camera.

People however can shame themselves with their behavior. Selfish behavior.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Are they coming from a pub/pubs?

sasta le wrote: »
    Are they coming from a pub/pubs?

House party, then into the street, and back to the house I reckon. But sure look, feck it. If it is illegal the Gardai should have stopped it Covid or not. They didn't AFAIK so it really is a free for all now.

Sorry for the poor lad who died in Killarney. No one wants to see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Kerry needs to have a curfew. No crowds congregating on the streets after 10pm. Surely the `guards can enforce that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

A nation of absolute rats and curtain twitchers we have turned into in 6 months.

Advertisement