Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seiko watch/vendor query

• 30-08-2020 11:45am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been keeping an eye out for a Seiko divers watch for a while now and this watch on adverts looks like a good deal to me. Just wondering if anyone knows the vendor or can advise on the authenticity of the watches for sale, 8 in stock.

Also, when I'm at it. If anyone has any recommendations of other watches that I should consider up to or around that budget I'd be very than grateful. I know taste is a very personal thing but sure what the hell...

Another Seiko I like and missed out on here recently:
    ZTAzNmI0NmQ4MTY2ZmFkYjM2YTNjYjM5MmJhOWZiY2HIhuNuD7h8ojaVrNgz_CNvaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMWNkMDc4Njk5NTgwM2NmZmM2YTQ3N2RlY2UzYjUwZjliYTNmZjE2ODcxZGFhYzk5ZWMzOGIwNjdmNDY4NWI2ZC5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTR4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Does it have to be seiko, do you want a watch you can actually dive with, do you want it to have a chronograph. Automatic or quartz.

Best bang for buck divers watch I can think of is the citizen .BN0151 in blue.

https://www.citizenwatch.ie/mens-eco-drive-stainless-steel-promaster-professional-diver-bn0151-09l.html

Can be had for less than €150

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭saccades

That monster is legit, if I had the cash I'd buy it myself.

Just re read to see the link to the gen 4 monster. They're about €400 on Amazon. Someone has asked on his sales thread if it's genuine, kinda puts the question in everyone's head after that, doesn't it. He is offering a refund for valid reason.

I have a gen1 monster that I did a lot of diving with, I had it upgraded to a newer movement and saphire domed crystal. Nice on a bracelet too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

What monster are ye talking about?

Its in the OP, hyperlinked as 'this'. A monster hiding in the bushes.

https://touch.adverts.ie/sports/brand-new-seiko-prospex-monster-men-s-watch/21241635

its a Seiko SRPD27K1 Gen 4 monster for €295, Seller has eight of em.

ODU3ZWZmZWZkMjEzODRhZWQ3NjI3NTZlNzljYzhlZjf1s4aDBFAflNnY2qqenczQaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vODhmNDc1NWIxOTYyZWNiMTk5Yzk3YzAyMjJkYWIwOGQ0YjE3NGZmZmMwOGIyNzU1NzUyNGMzNGEwZGFmNTZkZC5qcGd8fHx8fHwzODJ4NTEzfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Advertisement

Couldn't see the link outdoors. Thanks..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

njburke wrote: »
    Does it have to be seiko, do you want a watch you can actually dive with, do you want it to have a chronograph. Automatic or quartz.

Best bang for buck divers watch I can think of is the citizen .BN0151 in blue.

https://www.citizenwatch.ie/mens-eco-drive-stainless-steel-promaster-professional-diver-bn0151-09l.html

Can be had for less than €150

Doesn't have to be a Seiko, but generally I do like them. One of the lads I work with has that Citizen so wouldn't be going for that one thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gratefan35

Hi, long time lurker here - the Seiko that the op missed out on in the initial post really caught my eye - does anyone know the model number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Snn123p1

It looks to be discontinued though so you might need to search ebay for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gratefan35

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Snn123p1

It looks to be discontinued though so you might need to search ebay for one.

Thanks for that!

• Advertisement

saccades wrote: »
    That monster is legit, if I had the cash I'd buy it myself.
    Do you know the seller? There's an issue his side with PayPal and he prefers a bank transfer which doesn't allow me the same protection.

If any of ye good folk know them I'd be happier!

Do you know the seller? There's an issue his side with PayPal and he prefers a bank transfer which doesn't allow me the same protection.

I don't know them and I'd be very wary of anyone having trouble with PayPal.

Are they local enough to meet up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

He probably wants to avoid the PayPal fees which would eat into his margin.

He's the other end of the country.

He has a reasonable adverts rep and was very decent over PMs so made the transfer. Will keep ye posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

He's the other end of the country.

He has a reasonable adverts rep and was very decent over PMs so made the transfer. Will keep ye posted.

Risky. Hope it works out for you :)

Well it arrived today thankfully, very happy with it. Looks much better in the metal as these things often do.

525811.jpg

The certificate of guarantee card is blank. Should this not have been filled in by the retailer. Is there anywhere I can register the watch or double check the authenticity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. You only need the warranty if the watch would become faulty. Which is almost certainly not going to happen.

The certificate of guarantee card is blank. Should this not have been filled in by the retailer. Is there anywhere I can register the watch or double check the authenticity?

That is v nice, I so want a monster...

It's a grey, so not an authorized representative which is half the reason for the value. As far as I'm aware there are no fake monsters and if there were they would go for the MK1 or MK2 (orange too).

Well wear! The monster is a lovely watch. Love the way when the 3 hands line up if forms a rocket!!!!!
    Oh Christ how sad am I? Lol
    Enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'd avoid. He seems to have picked up Wish's entire stock of fake monsters...

https://www.wish.com/product/5ee0825d0334a53a873f95f3?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=IE&_force_currency_code=EUR&pid=googleadwords_int&c=%7BcampaignId%7D&ad_cid=5ee0825d0334a53a873f95f3&ad_cc=IE&ad_curr=EUR&ad_price=91.00&campaign_id=9527731323&guest=true&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxLDI96Xd6wIVEKh3Ch2KmwEDEAYYAyABEgKvw_D_BwE&share=web

Edit: Oops. Just saw you didn't avoid. Hope you got lucky.

endacl wrote: »
    I'd avoid. He seems to have picked up Wish's entire stock of fake monsters...

How did you ascertain that?

The watch came in from Valencia so doeesn't appear to be the case any way.

Checked the model and serial number with Seiko and they're genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

What time is the line - dancing on?

Advertisement