Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020-21 Carabao Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

3 months now of Jose trying to get into Pep's head at pressers is going to be so fun.

Out played at home in a Derby and so close to a throphy must be hard to take

Bigger trophies to fight for ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Bigger trophies to fight for ;)

Best of luck in the Europa.

Pretty easy for City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

United limp out at the semi again. Couldn't really manage to stand up to City tonight and go home early feeling lacking. Will Ole have a magic pill to stop the heads dropping before the next outing?

Disappointing when you look forward to getting over the line and blow it just as you enter the final hurdle.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    United limp out at the semi again. Couldn't really manage to stand up to City tonight and go home early feeling lacking. Will Ole have a magic pill to stop the heads dropping before the next outing?

Disappointing when you look forward to getting over the line and blow it just as you enter the final hurdle.

United were disappointing tonight but saying that City were quality. They are hitting form now at the right time and will be hard to stop domestically. Ruben Dias looks a quality signing. United will need to get the heads back up. Big 10 days ahead for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Final
    Sunday 25th April 16:30 Kick-off

Man City V Tottenham Hotspur - Live on Sky Sports Football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

This has been a 0-0 battering by city

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

With a ****e ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Our regular failing this afternoon, we're not clinical enough. This has been a 0-0 hammering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Ref should have it 10v10,very lenient, considering some of the reds given this season. City hammering away but can't get the goal they deserve, spurs can't be as bad the 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Surely we can't miss as many chances in the second half, that said Spurs still in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

How are spurs still playing out from the back, Dier is an accident waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Jesus Martin Tyler is a ****ing shocking commentator these days . Too comfortable, boring , insufferable and talks absolute bollocks .

Can barely raise his voice to get excited about anything . Needs to be put out to pasture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hojbjerg should have been booked for that.

Good to see fans back in the stadium, regardless of the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

tastyt wrote: »
    Jesus Martin Tyler is a ****ing shocking commentator these days . Too comfortable, boring , insufferable and talks absolute bollocks .

Can barely raise his voice to get excited about anything . Needs to be put out to pasture

Always liked Tyler and he's the voice of the matches of my youth from the 90s, so will always have a fondness for him, but commentators definitely have a shelf-life and generally stay on the air well past them.

Surprisingly he seemed to not be the main commentator a few years ago and looked like they were easing him aside, but now he's back on every big game, so I don't know. Good commentators are hard to find and Tyler was a very good one imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Kiith wrote: »
    Good to see fans back in the stadium, regardless of the match.

Can't say I agree. I had gotten to enjoy hearing the players and managers shouting at each other. The crowd noise annoys me.

Fans being there means that at some point, we'll revert to only getting a handful of games each weekend, rather than all of them like we do now. As someone who can't go to games, I'd still like to be able to see them.

The only way Spurs are going to win this is through a penalty shootout.

Hoping now that I have said it they score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

And he probably shouldn't be on the pitch.

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    And he probably shouldn't be on the pitch.
    No probably about it.

Still no less then City deserve. They've been by far the better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Great header by Laporte, has had a difficult season, great to see him score

Dreadful game, woeful defending, completely deserved - though he shouldn't have been on the pitch to score.

Dreadful game, woeful defending, completely deserved - though he shouldn't have been on the pitch to score.
    If he'd been booked earlier there's a reasonable assumption that he would never have made the second tackle. We'll never know of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Terrible defending from Sissoko, no awareness of who's around him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Are all the fans sitting in the stands opposite the camera? Looks like there's a lot more than 8000 there. Great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

blueser wrote: »
    If he'd been booked earlier there's a reasonable assumption that he would never have made the second tackle. We'll never know of course.

Glad to see I'm not the only one, who sees it that way. Tyler and Neville, could do with being told that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

That was terrible to watch so far.

Spurs especially.

Thank God City scored so probably no ET to play and won't be tempted to watch any more of that :)

City's sub bench is just unreal compared to any other team in the world the players on it today cost over £300m.

How are teams really meant to compete with that.

• Advertisement

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Glad to see I'm not the only one, who sees it that way. Tyler and Neville, could do with being told that.
    It's shocking commentary. Yes, he should have been booked earlier. Because he wasn't, he felt he could commit the second tackle. It isn't rocket science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Basically a training game for City, easiest game they've had all season.

Perhaps, perhaps not. He made both fouls because he is programmed to through training, muscle memory and experience. Sometimes that overshadows common sense and you see players do stupid things. Yes, he might have been a tad more cautious on the second, but I agree, there's no way to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Jesus lads. Man city are playing a different game to everyone else in the leauge. They're absolutely amazing to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

They made Son cry the big bullies :(

Bret Hart wrote: »

They said it themselves earlier.

• Advertisement

Will there be a fire sale at Spurs now if they don't get a European place next season with the amount of debt they have hanging over them.

Perhaps, perhaps not. He made both fouls because he is programmed to through training, muscle memory and experience. Sometimes that overshadows common sense and you see players do stupid things. Yes, he might have been a tad more cautious on the second, but I agree, there's no way to know.
    Being a City fan, I'm biased, of course. No point denying it. But I'd hope he's intelligent enough to know not to go into that second challenge the way he did, if he was on a yellow card. He was fortunate, but I'll take it.

This is not how continuously getting away with yellows works, its no argument at all tbh

If he gets booked the first time hes playing on a yellow for the remainder of the game and who knows how that affects things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Jesus lads. Man city are playing a different game to everyone else in the leauge. They're absolutely amazing to watch.

Yeah its a weird one alright, I cant quite put my finger on what the difference is

This is not how continuously getting away with yellows works, its no argument at all tbh

If he gets booked the first time hes playing on a yellow for the remainder of the game and who knows how that affects things
    Exactly. Who knows? I don't, and you don't. I also find it odd that no one is mentioning that Reguillon could well have walked today.

• Advertisement

Exactly. Who knows? I don't, and you don't. I also find it odd that no one is mentioning that Reguillon could well have walked today.

I saw it mentioned, wasnt sure his first was a yellow but i take the point

He didnt score the winner, but i have to admit..... that doesn't surprise me either

City obv the better team but you dont go out there to outplay city, you absorb what you can and look for a lucky break

The ref imo affected the game towards city, which surely they didnt need

Anyway, well played, well deserved.

I saw it mentioned, wasnt sure his first was a yellow but i take the point

He didnt score the winner, but i have to admit..... that doesn't surprise me either

City obv the better team but you dont go out there to outplay city, you absorb what you can and look for a lucky break

The ref imo affected the game towards city, which surely they didnt need

Anyway, well played, well deserved.
    Thank you. I was getting worried the later it got in the game. Having dominated the game, were we going to be sucker punched by Kane or Son? Those two only need half a chance, and it's in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭doc_17

Micah Richards at pains to point out Fernandinho doesn’t get the recognition he deserves.....I agree. The referees should recognise exactly what he does a little bit more and award cards accordingly.

Thank you. I was getting worried the later it got in the game. Having dominated the game, were we going to be sucker punched by Kane or Son? Those two only need half a chance, and it's in.

Yep but you need them both on form and son has been very flat since his contract talk started, he wasnt going to hurt ye today and kane played ok from deep imo but never got a sniff up front himself, so look i doubt wed have laid a hand on ye in another 90 mins tbh

doc_17 wrote: »
    Micah Richards at pains to point out Fernandinho doesn’t get the recognition he deserves.....I agree. The referees should recognise exactly what he does a little bit more and award cards accordingly.

Well every team has one cute player who knows the right time to do that, hes one of the best imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

doc_17 wrote: »

Richards is a nice guy, but a terrible pundit. Fernandinho has long been touted as one of the most important players in that team, and they are a better team with him fit and on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can't figure out the fascination with the Pepsi Cola Cup for City, would love to see a Championship team winning it, plus they go out of the CL every year on the back of winning the Pepsi Cola Cup, and expect same will happen next week, hard to figure out the thought process behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Can't figure out the fascination with the Pepsi Cola Cup for City, would love to see a Championship team winning it, plus they go out of the CL every year on the back of winning the Pepsi Cola Cup, and expect same will happen next week, hard to figure out the thought process behind it.

Why are you calling it that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

6th or 7th now going into the UEFA Conference League depending on who wins the FA Cup
    6th if its Southampton and 7th if it is Chelsea and they finish in the top 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

6th or 7th now going into the UEFA Conference League depending on who wins the FA Cup
    6th if its Southampton and 7th if it is Chelsea and they finish in the top 5

Is it not guaranteed 7th? Southampton aren't in the final, Leicester bet them

• Advertisement
Advertisement