Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's hard

• 30-08-2020 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm an ex prisoner from a long time ago, nothing serious don't worry.
    I worked hard and moved on, i wanted to prove myself and i worked hard, i've won global awards and landed a dream radio job

Jesus, what do i do? I'm abroad alone and really struggling tonight , i've tried my best but it's unbearable now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

My advice would be to seek less happiness from work and those online (or wherever those trolls are) and seek more happiness from personal hobbies and people who are closest to you. These people care about you and want to see you happy. You are clearly hard working and intelligent enough to make it in a very competitive industry. You've built a whole new 'self'. Make sure the new person you have become learns how to focus on what is good and what matters and also how to dismiss the rest. One tip I heard before is whenever something bad happens to you, do something nice for someone close to you. It can be a good deed as small as buying someone a bunch of flowers or even a thoughtful text. It will take your mind off the bad focus it on the good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Keep pushing on buddy, things will get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

Can you give someone a call to hear a friendly voice? Fair play to you for what you’ve done, it’s more than most. Try and stay away from reading the negative stuff and focus on your journey, you’ve come a long way and have a ways to go yet. Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭2 fast

You've done amazing and have so much to be proud of these trolls no nothing. Maybe try some counselling and leaving the internet for actual personal relationships and hobby. People will always judge especially behind a screen and unfortunately if that's were you spend more time, you'll get haters!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

Thread closed pending review.

HS

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement