Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anonymous service to report gatherings that break the law?

Options
  • 30-08-2020 7:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭

My sister was invited to a wedding of over 250 people which will take place next week. The number has since been reduced to 75 and will now be taking place in their house, she is hesitant to attend due to Covid, however, her friend who works as a nurse is encouraging her to report the gathering and states their is an anonymous online service for doing so.

We haven't had much luck for such a service and frankly the thought of one is quite disturbing, is she talking through her ar$e? I have advised my sister not to report them, obviously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

My sister was invited to a wedding of over 250 people which will take place next week. The number has since been reduced to 75 and will now be taking place in their house, she is hesitant to attend due to Covid, however, her friend who works as a nurse is encouraging her to report the gathering and states their is an anonymous online service for doing so.

We haven't had much luck for such a service and frankly the thought of one is quite disturbing, is she talking through her ar$e? I have advised my sister not to report them, obviously.

She's talking through her arse

There isn’t such a service unfortunately, but there should be. I can’t understand why it would be disturbing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭edjkdkjdhjkd

There isn’t such a service unfortunately, but there should be. I can’t understand why it would be disturbing.

What

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Easy to see how the Stasi worked in East Germany with people so eager to rat out their fellow people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Easy to see how the Stasi worked in East Germany with people so eager to rat out their fellow people.

Also easy to see how the virus is spreading when some are cancelling their wedding or having small funerals and other gob****es are too important to follow the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Exactly!

We should be able to do what we want, where we want and whenever we want.

Fcuk the public health guidelines. Lets keep this pandemic and the semi lockdown and threats of another full lockdown going for another few years.

As long as I get to do what my selfish ass wants , fcuk everyone else. Doesnt matter if Im the reason this goes on longer. :rolleyes:.

Also easy to see how the virus is spreading when some are cancelling their wedding or having small funerals and other gob****es are too important to follow the rules.

Govt policy is herd immunity now. For that to happen it has to spread. Once hospitals admissions and ICU numbers are tiny, there’s no issue with it spreading.

“Ireland would aim “to keep it as low level as possible and minimise infections, minimise the risk of our health service being overwhelmed, which we’ve done successfully - until such time as we develop herd immunity, which will take an extremely long time” said Mr Varadker.”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

No herd immunity some one I know got it 3 times
    Also it does permant damage to lungs heart and brain to some people

• Registered Users Posts: 30,700 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Govt policy is herd immunity now. For that to happen it has to spread. Once hospitals admissions and ICU numbers are tiny, there’s no issue with it spreading.

“Ireland would aim “to keep it as low level as possible and minimise infections, minimise the risk of our health service being overwhelmed, which we’ve done successfully - until such time as we develop herd immunity, which will take an extremely long time” said Mr Varadker.”

Herd immunity includes those vaccinated. Important point.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

You need a good dose of reality from this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Lord Fairlord

We don't follow "rules" in this country - we are meant to obey laws, and there is a fundamental difference as not just anything can be a law. The Common Law derives in part from the Natural Law, thus it is meant to have a basis of objective morality and should recognise that there is a limit to what it can demand.

Also generally, it's sad how people have come to think that the practice of fundamental freedoms (I'm not talking about licence here) is selfishness.
    In the future there will be ample evidence that the so called restrictions have caused more harm than this cold related virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

In the future there will be ample evidence that the so called restrictions have caused more harm than this cold related virus.

That is only your opinion, unqualified opinion too Im guessing.

My unqualified opinion is that without any mitigation measures that a lot more people would have died with/potentially from Covid.

However "unlawful" the restrictions may have been, which I presume is what you are suggesting. It would have been negligent of the State not to have acted.

Allowing the uncontrolled spread of a virus with no known vaccine, cure or reliable characteristics throughout the population is insanity.

The description of "cold related virus" down plays the apparent worrying after effects of the virus. There are indications that some people who survived Covid have adverse bowel, brain, heart and lung issues. No comparison to a "cold". We don't really know yet how survivors will really fair out over the next few years and how immuno-compromised they are or if life expectancy has been effected.

Id rather the State acted ib the way they did rather than this bull****.

How exactly have you come to the assessment that introducing restrictions will ultimately have caused more harm than good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭circadian

You need a good dose of reality from this.

It just shows how far off the deep end someone is if I'm agreeing with a poster I never agree with.

Exactly!

Fcuk the public health guidelines. Lets keep this pandemic and the semi lockdown and threats of another full lockdown going for another few years.

As long as I get to do what my selfish ass wants , fcuk everyone else. Doesnt matter if Im the reason this goes on longer. :rolleyes:.

You realise that the virus isn't going anywhere any time soon. Most of the world has realised this and gotten on with things. Ireland seems to be the only country still threatening lockdown, lockdown does not work. Hasn't worked anywhere, all it does is kick the can further down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Exactly!

Well if we are supposed to live this thing then that does [or should] mean going about our lives normally without masks, social distancing and worrying about how many can be in your wedding or threats of lockdowns because Leo and Mehole need to masturbate their egos again.

The fact that none of these clowns are following the rules they're making should tell you everything about this virus. If this virus was really that deadly they'd have no choice but to follow their own rules. They wouldn't be able to pull any selective enforcement nonsense.

bobbyy gee wrote: »

That "Someone you know" is talking through their ar$e. There is one documented case of someone getting it twice. In the world. And that was only bc they were tested at an airport, they had no idea they had it the second time. Which is how immunity works.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

bobbyy gee wrote: »

Absolute pish, only been about 3 people worldwide who have been reinfected, my own mother got it and she is fine now thankfully, no permanent damage to my own mother

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Fieldog wrote: »
    Absolute pish, only been about 3 people worldwide who have been reinfected, my own mother got it and she is fine now thankfully, no permanent damage to my own mother

Selfish attitude here.
    Not everyone was as lucky as your mother.

circadian wrote: »
    It just shows how far off the deep end someone is if I'm agreeing with a poster I never agree with.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm wrong now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

You realise that the virus isn't going anywhere any time soon. Most of the world has realised this and gotten on with things. Ireland seems to be the only country still threatening lockdown, lockdown does not work. Hasn't worked anywhere, all it does is kick the can further down the road.

Ireland is far from the only country , you couldn't honestly think that. Nowhere is getting on with things , life is normal in few places and in the places 'getting on with things' they're like Mexico or Brazil which has excess deaths over 100,000. Sorry but you can't just wish this away by ignoring it. Lockdown doesn't work but neither does getting on with things as you've put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Selfish attitude here.
    Not everyone was as lucky as your mother.

Clearly, point me to where I said she wasn't lucky?

I didn't even mention it, obviously she is lucky....

Considering a 35 year old on her ward didn't make it, I'm not downplaying this virus as I know first hand what damage it can do...

Not one person in Ireland has been reinfected with covid 19, can you show me anything stating anyone has been reinfected in Ireland?

No need for an anonymous online service, just call the local Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,770 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HSE or NPHET, Dept of Health maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It would be a horrible thing to do reporting it and ruining their wedding day, no one likes an informer.

Country seems to be full of them these days just like that rat we were discussing on the other thread who uploaded the video of a few young people letting off a bit of steam.

It would be a horrible thing to do reporting it and ruining their wedding day, no one likes an informer.

Country seems to be full of them these days just like that rat we were discussing on the other thread who uploaded the video of a few young people letting off a bit of steam.

You couldn't be more wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A Junta would usually have a special ops unit. Sometimes completely separate to the Junta itself how not to upset members from within. NPHET could possibly have arms that we are not aware of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭edjkdkjdhjkd

Her friend (the nurse) demanded the address and threatened to report them herself, wouldn't be surprised if she is spotted patrolling the area that weekend searching for the house, weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i'd say there was a lot of ratting in this country when the we occupied too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Garda Confidential Line Freephone on 1800 666111

Advertisement